Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,587
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wouldn't be disappointed with Smith even though he's not living up to UW standards in Corvallis. His rebuilding job was worse, a lot worse than anyone in recent memory.

And I can't see him stumbling against shitty teams like Cal and Colorado with a UW roster.

Seeing them in person they are clearly well coached and he's winning games with a Camas quarterback and shitty Chance Nolan.

If we're going the in conference route kill shot the beavs with this hire because Cal and Stanford ain't improving, and he can beat Oregon and Utah.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,180
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

"He added that Cal’s Justin Wilcox and Oregon State’s Jonathan Smith would also be targets."

FYFMFE

This is a safety net for the writer if he’s wrong. Very Eklund like
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don't hate the idea of Smith either. Cornvalley isn't an easy place to win. Since it's obvious they're not interested in first tier coaches...
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,610
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    LawDawg1 said:

So we are now accepting Babushka? WTF. Will Babushka beat Oregon, Utah, and SC year in or year out or just once is a while. Is that what we want/need? If so, the dumbing down of expectations has won. Mission accomplished there.

Team plays hard and squeezes a lot of points out of lightly recruited players. Leads p12 in rushing, averaging 33 pts a game, 433 yards a game.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,587
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

So we are now accepting Babushka? WTF. Will Babushka beat Oregon, Utah, and SC year in or year out or just once is a while. Is that what we want/need? If so, the dumbing down of expectations has won. Mission accomplished there.

With UW talent and finding another Jefferson and pounding the rock?

He would have to suck ass at recruiting not to have UW contending every year. Fired his DC at fucking Beavlet for losing a few games.

We're accepting a Fresneck coach who isn't exactly dominating the MW. 3 other teams have his conference record with, according to this board, mediocre coaches.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

Team plays hard and squeezes a lot of points out of lightly recruited players. Leads p12 in rushing, averaging 33 pts a game, 433 yards a game.

How many years has this happened? Just one? Larger sampling please.
  • Options
    LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

How many years has this happened? Just one? Larger sampling please.
    I suppose you have a JD? Mix in some inference bro. These are this years stats. Now get back to Marbury v. Madison.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Smith and Wilcox are the same to me. Why do people like Smith? Because he’s offensively-minded and we have a shitcan offense?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    MelloDawg said:

Smith and Wilcox are the same to me. Why do people like Smith? Because he’s offensively-minded and we have a shitcan offense?

10 other candidates I would want first but he still might win the north with a similar qb. So there’s ghat I guess.
  • Options
    LawDawg1 said:

He is doing it with OSU resources and recruits. That ain't easy.

But I doubt he really wants the Washington job.
  • Options

LawDawg1 said:

Imagine doing this at Cal, where it is impossible to win...
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

Imagine losing to Colorado, WSU, and Cal in that same year and wanting that coach. Mind boggling coaching desires.
    I don’t think he is anyone’s preference. Just a babushka > Wilcox thing. Tallest midget.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,379
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The fact that we’re talking so much about Babushka is probably a bad sign, but if he is really going to turn down the opportunity to be head coach at UW vs. continuing at Oregon State, well … shit. And, WDWHA.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021

LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

Imagine losing to Colorado, WSU, and Cal in that same year and wanting that coach. Mind boggling coaching desires.
    I don’t think he is anyone’s preference. Just a babushka > Wilcox thing. Tallest midget.
    Read above. “I wouldn’t be disappointed….” And I don’t hate the idea of Smith” seem to be different than what your post suggests. Burn it down if it is either Smith or Babushka.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Babushka is a good fit for a school that doesn't have super high expectations (3 win seasons are ok every once in awhile) and depends on the transfer portal rather than high school recruiting. He would not do well as HC at UW. Out of two bad choices, Wilcox would be better for UW