Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Campbell to Seattle!!!!

Campbell, CA to Seattle is a 841 mile drive. Its about 14 hours depending on traffic.

Comments

• Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Seriously, the pressure is on Cohen. She gotta hit on this hire or she is done. Attendance says it all, and that's not even considering her basketball hire.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seadawg said:

Seriously, the pressure is on Cohen. She gotta hit on this hire or she is done. Attendance says it all, and that's not even considering her basketball hire.

The shit hoops season that everyone sees coming is a nice pressure amplifier for Cohen. There isn't any built in good will with a horrific basketball team on display following a losing season in football. The coach hire is her only chance to change the narrative.

If she botches it I could see this basketball season being enough to flip the script and get her canned ahead of schedule.
  • Options
    They need National HC the kids brag about when he comes to their house. A face of the franchise coach who people will associate with UW. Mediocre won't work for Cohen, she needs a home run hire and it won't be cheap.
  • Options
    kanehallkanehall Member Posts: 38
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Who actually think she is making the hire? The boosters will, it is their money and they don't trust her to hire on her own... the damsel in distress is fretting in the tower. I think Sonics was here saying that all the boosters--alums--friends--her hairdresser have been 'coaching' her on the best hire. Something to the effect that whoever is coming in needs to be a 'relentless recruiter' and she agreed. I guess she couldn't figure out that herself. How much has she cost the UW with her hires now with the women's basketball, men's bball, football plus a laundry list of other bullshit that goes on there.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Hardcore Husky might need to set up online seminars to teach proper trolling. New fish see it being done on our boards and think its easy. It's not.

DNC and Grumble would serve as instructors for the course. At the end of six weeks, posters get certified and awarded with a shitty little badge.

I am but a lowly teaching assistant to Professor Grumble, MD.
    Sounds like you're perfect for the recent OC opening!
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Campbell might have coached himself out of a tier 1 job with their subpar season this year. If he feels like he's maxed out at Iowa State and he's afraid his stock could go down moving forward then this might be the best time to lure him away. CP went 8-4 in his last season at Boise before coming over.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Hardcore Husky might need to set up online seminars to teach proper trolling. New fish see it being done on our boards and think its easy. It's not.

DNC and Grumble would serve as instructors for the course. At the end of six weeks, posters get certified and awarded with a shitty little badge.

I’ll teach the class on proper Taft etiquette.
    Thanks, Thanker-of-Taft!
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    You get a fuck off because I fell for it. Not that I thought Campbell was actually coming here, but I clicked knowing it was a trap
  • Options

You get a fuck off because I fell for it. Not that I thought Campbell was actually coming here, but I clicked knowing it was a trap

No worries, just having a little fun. Some of these candidates must have 8 schools after them. Their agent's phone ringing off the hook.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

you can also pay $129 and get a shitty little badge
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club