Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Love the way he handles the press.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
CP is very direct, no nonsense, and he makes the reporters feel like they shouldn't ask stupid questions.

Love his response just after the 5:00 mark to fetters' question about Timu: https://youtube.com/watch?v=-Qo8IfuOZbc

Comments

• Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    LOL he was looking quite irritated
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I like my head coach to looked irritated and pissed off.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

He is probably not only irritated with the question but also irritated that it is coming from such a fatass.

Exactly. When you are a big time Coach and you look out at reporters, you can probably imagine that at least a lot of them played ball at some point. Maybe not high end, but JV, maybe some Varsity, and even a few D2 types sprinkled in. Dudes that don't know a ton, but have at least hit a sled and been in the pit for an Oklahoma manhood test or two.

When he looks at Fatters, he's thinking "there is no fucking way this guy knows anything about competitive athletics. Why am I wasting my time with a fat fucking poetry class reject that all the football players stuffed in trash cans when he would still fit."
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He didn't look that irritated to me. If I had just watched this without reading some of the commentary here and other places I wouldn't have't thought anything of it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

He didn't look that irritated to me. If I had just watched this without reading some of the commentary here and other places I wouldn't have't thought anything of it.

This.

Perhaps a little irritation with the Timu question. The rest was a guy doing a part of his job he might not like very much but fully accepts that it is part of the deal. In other words, a professional.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    its unfortunate for Peterman that he doesn't preface everything with "I think that" or "I feel that", he's really painting himself into a corner with these definitive responses where he'll be accountable for his statements. Apparently he learned nothing from dude brah.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    I like to read too much into facial expressions at post practice interviews.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fatter's questions, stupid or not, allow Peterman to state his philosophies.

e.g.

- We are all Huskies
    - School is first
    -etc

So my guess is Peterman loves these types of questions and Fatters is his straight (yet gay) man.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club

Not really Fetters related, but the stupid looks on Softy's fat fucking face in this video annoy the absolute shit out of me.

no shit, he's got a face i'd literally pay money to hit
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "What a cool spring for the Huskies man"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I like how he isn't pulling a Sark and bragging how great we are going to be in spring. He is being very honest and not sucking the players dicks like Dude Brah used to do. That will get more out of the players.

Last year Sark was celebrating a mythical 9-4 like it was an accomplishment while I'm sure Petersen is bitching at them "That's why you only went 9-4!" because 9-4 to him is a bad year.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

When he looks at Fatters, he's thinking "there is no fucking way this guy knows anything about competitive athletics. Why am I wasting my time with a fat fucking poetry class reject that all the football players stuffed in trash cans when he would still fit."

Fetters' brother played for the Mariners.
  • Options
    TTJ said:

Swaye said:

Fetters' brother played for the Mariners.
    I know you are being sarkastic but nowhere does it say he played for the Mariners. He did however play for Milwaukee and Minnesota.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

I know you are being sarkastic but nowhere does it say he played for the Mariners. He did however play for Milwaukee and Minnesota.

Yup. My mistake. Serves me right for relying on my shitty memory, rather than actually looking at the stats I was linking.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fetters' brother did some weird breathing thing when he pitched. I remember watching him as a kid.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    edited April 2014

Fetters' brother did some weird breathing thing when he pitched. I remember watching him as a kid.

you've been a TBS for a long time then?
  • Options
    Meek said:

you've been a TBS for a long time then?

Rather obvious.