Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keith Wilcox

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Keith Gilbertson conference record in four seasons at Cal: 11-21
Justin Wilcox conference record in five seasons at Cal: 13-24

Contextually Wilcox is better than Gilby but if you're only barely better than a man with a strong case as the worst HC in UW history you don't belong on anyone's list.

If rumors about Wilcox get serious this stat must be burned into every doog brain.

Comments

• Options
    Basically Jake Haener and Opera Singer are the only reasons Wilcox has a better record at Cal than Gilby did.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Doogs on Twitter are saying Wilcox at Cal = Cristobal at FIU

Throw your phone in the ocean I tell ya!!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021
    Gladstone said:

Doogs on Twitter are saying Wilcox at Cal = Cristobal at FIU

Morons* that is a beyond a doog take
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,957
    Founders Club
    Pollux said:

I said it on the pod but I don’t like how people act like Cal is some impossible place to win either. It’s not Vanderbilt or Wake Forest. Yeah it’s not Oregon or USC and I assume culturally things have gotten worse since Tedford but good coaches have had success there and bad ones haven’t. The conference has also been shit too. Also, take away Gaskin being hurt and a lightning storm and he has a worse record than Gilby there

“We” were just 1 or 2 lightning storms away from winning that game.

• Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2021
    dnc said:

Contextually Wilcox is better than Gilby but if you're only barely better than a man with a strong case as the worst HC in UW history you don't belong on anyone's list.

If rumors about Wilcox get serious this stat must be burned into every doog brain.

Once again, maybe you should talk to Ken Griswold before you go spouting off opinions where you have very little knowledge. Here's what he's got to say:

"Most out here know very little about Wilcox or his situation. He's very well-respected and is in an almost impossible situation right now. I wouldn't dismiss him so quickly with the limited knowledge most out here have. I like Wilcox a lot. And with the right staff, I think he'd do very, very well at UW."

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Once again, maybe you should talk to Ken Griswold before you go spouting off opinions where you have very little knowledge. Here's what he's got to say:

"Most out here know very little about Wilcox or his situation. He's very well-respected and is in an almost impossible situation right now. I wouldn't dismiss him so quickly with the limited knowledge most out here have. I like Wilcox a lot. And with the right staff, I think he'd do very, very well at UW."

I dealt with Justin a lot when he was at Cal. First thing to know is he is incredibly bright. He learned a lot at Cal and fought some demons. He's a bright, articulate, charming, engaging guy who is also competitive as hell. He's appeared to put his demons behind him.

You're going to love Wilcox. It will be interesting to see who he fills his staff with. Knowing the competitive nature of Justin, I'm sure he negotiated a large assistant salary pool. If he gets Tosh Lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I've ever dealt with. He's currently with Atlanta.

He's an outstanding recruiting and phenomenal working with DB's. He trusts his guys and has an edge. Guys love playing for him.

Washington didn't hit a home run with Wilcox. They hit a grand slam.
    The fact that ppl think this way about sark and cocks infuriates me. Time to walk away and gain some perspective.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,314
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So let it be written, so let it be done.

The script.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I said it on the pod but I don’t like how people act like Cal is some impossible place to win either. It’s not Vanderbilt or Wake Forest. Yeah it’s not Oregon or USC and I assume culturally things have gotten worse since Tedford but good coaches have had success there and bad ones haven’t. The conference has also been shit too. Also, take away Gaskin being hurt and a lightning storm and he has a worse record than Gilby there

CAL has more Natties than us.
  • Options

SLITP!!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    Swaye's Wigwam

Duck fans triggered