Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Economist nails it

1235»

Comments

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2021
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

“Though rising total spending on the old is justified, a full-scale gerontocracy is not. Retirees with deep pockets do not need public handouts. On the contrary, they should bear a heavier burden as taxes shift from wages, towards property, inheritance and consumption.”

Time to stop engaging in this fantasy about lowering taxes when you have a society filled with old fuckers living on entitlements. The olds are too numerous and too wealthy overall not to be paying more.

So you believe that people should be taxed even more again when inheriting property or other assets that were ultimately paid for with after tax dollars in the first place.

Brilliant.
    Assuming you’re talking about some sort of “fairness” concept, it should be pointed out that the appreciation on these assets was never taxed and that large estates are primarily composed of appreciated assets.
    The only time a rat like HH will mock "fairness" is when he wants to take your money for his politics. Otherwise "fairness" is every rats favorite word when they are trying purchase votes and enslave voters.

Hey HH, it isn't your money. You did shit to earn it or pay taxes on it the first time. Keep your fucking hands out of others pockets. The capital gains force many to liquidate the asset, that may not bother you because rats like to take other peoples money but it isn't right. Besides, the total collected isn't even going to move the needle when we are talking about rats spending trillions upon trillions.

How fucking vapid one must be to be a rat and believe that forcing people to sell the family farm so that rat politicians can piss the money away is a good and just thing to advocate?

The government never needs to increase taxes. They need to cut spending.
    Let’s start with your entitlements.
    Ha ha ha. Entitlements? WTF are those? I have never been entitled or given anything in my life. Are you one of those rats who thinks that everyone who is white, excluding yourself of course, was born with some sort of entitlement?
    Atl says no to Social Security and Medicare.

Principled!
    Social Security? I have maxed out my contributions for 35 years. I am going to get a fraction of what I should which means I am paying for something that I will never see. I hardly call that an entitlement by rat definition. Its my money that I was forced by the government to put into a poor investment ponzi scheme. The paltry return on my investment is going to be thievery by the government not an entitlement.

Isn't that just like a rat. Trying to tell me that my own money for retirement is an "entitlement". Jeezus you are fucked up in the head.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,003 Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

“Though rising total spending on the old is justified, a full-scale gerontocracy is not. Retirees with deep pockets do not need public handouts. On the contrary, they should bear a heavier burden as taxes shift from wages, towards property, inheritance and consumption.”

Time to stop engaging in this fantasy about lowering taxes when you have a society filled with old fuckers living on entitlements. The olds are too numerous and too wealthy overall not to be paying more.

So you believe that people should be taxed even more again when inheriting property or other assets that were ultimately paid for with after tax dollars in the first place.

Brilliant.
    Assuming you’re talking about some sort of “fairness” concept, it should be pointed out that the appreciation on these assets was never taxed and that large estates are primarily composed of appreciated assets.
    The only time a rat like HH will mock "fairness" is when he wants to take your money for his politics. Otherwise "fairness" is every rats favorite word when they are trying purchase votes and enslave voters.

Hey HH, it isn't your money. You did shit to earn it or pay taxes on it the first time. Keep your fucking hands out of others pockets. The capital gains force many to liquidate the asset, that may not bother you because rats like to take other peoples money but it isn't right. Besides, the total collected isn't even going to move the needle when we are talking about rats spending trillions upon trillions.

How fucking vapid one must be to be a rat and believe that forcing people to sell the family farm so that rat politicians can piss the money away is a good and just thing to advocate?

Ha ha ha. Entitlements? WTF are those? I have never been entitled or given anything in my life. Are you one of those rats who thinks that everyone who is white, excluding yourself of course, was born with some sort of entitlement?

Principled!
    Social Security? I have maxed out my contributions for 35 years. I am going to get a fraction of what I should which means I am paying for something that I will never see. I hardly call that an entitlement by rat definition. Its my money that I was forced by the government to put into a poor investment ponzi scheme. The paltry return on my investment is going to be thievery by the government not an entitlement.

Isn't that just like a rat. Trying to tell me that my own money for retirement is an "entitlement". Jeezus you are fucked up in the head.
    If you were a titled noble in old Europe, you were entitled to privileges and income that weren't available to the common man. Like a belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges. The left loves to corrupt words and so the dazzler thinks that since you and I got screwed by social security and medicare we should somehow volunteer to give up "our entitlements" because its like free money to us. This is the same POS who said he wasn't paying his fair share of taxes, but he wouldn't make voluntary tax payments. He would only make those payments under the threat of a gun.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Kaepsknee said:

HHusky said:

Brilliant.

Principled!

If you were a titled noble in old Europe, you were entitled to privileges and income that weren't available to the common man. Like a belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges. The left loves to corrupt words and so the dazzler thinks that since you and I got screwed by social security and medicare we should somehow volunteer to give up "our entitlements" because its like free money to us. This is the same POS who said he wasn't paying his fair share of taxes, but he wouldn't make voluntary tax payments. He would only make those payments under the threat of a gun.
    This ^^^^^ eventually leads him to a meltdown.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,895 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

In 2020, the share of U.S. federal budget spent on Medicare was 12 percent, a four-times increase since 1970. If current laws stand, the share of federal spending on Medicare could rise to one fifth of total budget by 2051.

Yeah, and your side wants to increase that dramatically by giving it to everyone. Fucking idiot.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

I used to subscribe to the economist and really enjoyed it. then a few years back it started to have stupid takes and was way biased. I saw this link below recently and it makes sense. All the worst things seem to have the same people associated with them, at some point it’s not coincidence.

https://www.politico.eu/article/agnellis-rothschilds-close-in-on-economist-magazine-sale-pearson/

Was a religious reader for almost 20yrs. Saw the writing on the wall before even that happened. Same goes for the WSJ.