Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OT: #marinerstalk

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

they are not a playoff team, but they right now look the part of at least a 500 team.
    Santiago was a tough assignment for them and they ran him in the 6th and feasted on the angels dogshit bullpen.
    While the contract is absurd Cano is making a difference in the lineup

Cano is the closest thing to 90's era Griffey we've had in the lineup in a long time. Hard not to notice the resemblance with him batting third in the lineup from the left side of the plate. His swing isn't as pretty as The Kid's, but it's pretty sweet.

I'm developing a mancrush.

Will we regret the Cano contract when's 36 and beyond? yes.

However this franchise hasn't been dick in a decade so I liked the signing. You needed to go out and get that superstar in the lineup. Second among all position players in WAR in the last five years and now guys like Seager/Smoak aren't asked to carry this offense which they struggled with.

With Cano there to anchor this lineup and be a leader the rest falls into place.

I've said this before but I truly believe Wedge and his hack at everything approach that he had was detrimental to our young guys. With him gone I noticed the Mariners are actually working counts and having good solid AB's.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #BoobsIsAnAngelsFan
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

they are not a playoff team, but they right now look the part of at least a 500 team.
    Santiago was a tough assignment for them and they ran him in the 6th and feasted on the angels dogshit bullpen.
    While the contract is absurd Cano is making a difference in the lineup

Cano is the closest thing to 90's era Griffey we've had in the lineup in a long time. Hard not to notice the resemblance with him batting third in the lineup from the left side of the plate. His swing isn't as pretty as The Kid's, but it's pretty sweet.

I'm developing a mancrush.

Will we regret the Cano contract when's 36 and beyond? yes.

However this franchise hasn't been dick in a decade so I liked the signing. You needed to go out and get that superstar in the lineup. Second among all position players in WAR in the last five years and now guys like Seager/Smoak aren't asked to carry this offense which they struggled with.

With Cano there to anchor this lineup and be a leader the rest falls into place.

I've said this before but I truly believe Wedge and his hack at everything approach that he had was detrimental to our young guys. With him gone I noticed the Mariners are actually working counts and having good solid AB's.
    Totally agree. Absolutely hated Wedge's over aggressive approach to everything. Cano's patience in the heart of the lineup really gives the young guys something to look to.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheGlove said:

#BoobsIsAnAngelsFan

@TierbsHsotBoobs's silence in this thread speaks volumes!

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    TheGlove said:

#BoobsIsAnAngelsFan

Not a cool week to be Boobs man.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    the teams can decide to walk cano all they want but right now his obp is around 600.
    You notice who smoak immediately went to after his HR on monday, yeah that was cano. It's clear his presence in the lineup is making a difference for other guys. If they can get 3 to 4 great years and establish a winning culture, that's the best move the mariners have made in a while, you can eat the salary later on. Big if however
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    How long until a columnist writes about how the Seahawks attitude rubbed off on the Mariners?
  • Options
    BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    TheGlove said:

How long until a columnist writes about how the Seahawks attitude rubbed off on the Mariners?

Mitch just mentioned it on his show. Not a columnist, but this is abundance.