Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sarkisian winning over his players

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2014

Poor journalism, no report on Ivan.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The not yelling at players stuff pretty much explains everything.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    With the team’s season opener a long five months away, however, positive practices will have to do when trying to assess the Trojans’ new head coach, and by that measure the new era of USC football is off to a good start.incremental progress

For a team that’s seen so much change in the past year, perhaps the players can finally settle into a routine — move quickly, and ask questions later. you have no idea the damage Ed did

We're getting trolled
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dardanus said:

An emphasis on speed has naturally led to an increase in mistakes as the players adapt to a new system. These mistakes are not punished, or even reprimanded, but rather embraced and viewed as opportunities for improvement.

I like to encourage and embrace mistakes. I see no evidence that they lead to penalties, dropped balls, missed tackles, turnovers, and losses. Then I take the entire team out for sloppy joes.

In defense of Sloppy Seven, if anyone knows improvement, it's him. It might be unconventional, but it gets results. How many coaches can say they took a team from 4-5 to 5-4, 5-4, 5-4 and 5-4?

Show some respect.

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,479
    Founders Club

"Our brahs aren't worried about Oregon's football team. I took our dudes down to the park, and pointed to those ducks floating in the pond. I brought the team close and said, 'listen guys, see those ducks in the pond? that's Oregon man'. A lot of our kids had never seen ducks up close and personal before, I think it was a real cool experience for them. Like, just settle down man, kinda thing, ya know?"

- USC coach Steve Sarkisian on playing Oregon tomorrow

I think a better message would be to take his players to the pond and have them shoot ducks with BB guns. Or arrows would be more appropriate for Trojans.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

"Our brahs aren't worried about Oregon's football team. I took our dudes down to the park, and pointed to those ducks floating in the pond. I brought the team close and said, 'listen guys, see those ducks in the pond? that's Oregon man'. A lot of our kids had never seen ducks up close and personal before, I think it was a real cool experience for them. Like, just settle down man, kinda thing, ya know?"

- USC coach Steve Sarkisian on playing Oregon tomorrow

I think a better message would be to take his players to the pond and have them shoot ducks with BB guns. Or arrows would be more appropriate for Trojans.
    He just wanted to make sure the players weren't intimidated. Worked wonders @ LSU
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    While this fluff piece is being written, we get fat curmudgeons like F3 writing an assessment of UW's spring for collegefootballnews.com and insinuating Peetamus is having a hard time getting players to buy into his style. How the fuck does fetters even know this?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    With an offense predicated on quick pace, Sarkisian and his assistants are constantly running, diving and hollering with players during drills and scrimmages. Shouts of “No walking!” are routinely heard, with players scrambling to their proper assignments in a frenzy of controlled pure and utter chaos.

Fixed.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Dardanus said:

An emphasis on speed has naturally led to an increase in mistakes as the players adapt to a new system. These mistakes are not punished, or even reprimanded, but rather embraced and viewed as opportunities for improvement.

I like to encourage and embrace mistakes. I see no evidence that they lead to penalties, dropped balls, missed tackles, turnovers, and losses. Then I take the entire team out for sloppy joes seconds at Joey's.

Obvious fix.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

While this fluff piece is being written, we get fat curmudgeons like F3 writing an assessment of UW's spring for collegefootballnews.com and insinuating Peetamus is having a hard time getting players to buy into his style. How the fuck does fetters even know this?

Are you saying you'd rather have a fluff piece written about Peterman?