Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"I Saw Factors"

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This was a Jen Cohen quote about Jimmy from four weeks ago:

"One of the things I love about Jimmy is his resiliency and his toughness. I think he’s learning a lot. He’s a talented coach. We hired him because he’s an elite recruiter and an elite developer, and I believe in those skills and his talents."

"Elite recruiter".
    Howard Schnellenberger
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

This was a Jen Cohen quote about Jimmy from four weeks ago:

"One of the things I love about Jimmy is his resiliency and his toughness. I think he’s learning a lot. He’s a talented coach. We hired him because he’s an elite recruiter and an elite developer, and I believe in those skills and his talents."

"Elite recruiter".
    DDY and Coker, true?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Jen’s not far behind … my personal opinion

Let's hope 🙏
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Something changed. You will never get everyone to like you but Lake was pretty popular once upon a time. I suppose it was Lake that changed. Former players tend to be loyal but we have the 2019 transfers in evidence

All Jimmy had to do when King was here was focus on one specific position. He was great at that. Coaching and recruiting both. The more responsibility he got, the more he started to decay and spread himself thin.
    Hard lesson to learn -- delegation. That's why you hire people around you who are smarter and better than you.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Something changed. You will never get everyone to like you but Lake was pretty popular once upon a time. I suppose it was Lake that changed. Former players tend to be loyal but we have the 2019 transfers in evidence

That wasn't a very academically prowess tweet. Lake prolly doesn't approve.

#DBU
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

Dawgman did a podcast today with Cooper Petagna and it was one of the most brutally honest and refreshing take on Lake and the UW coaching situation going forward. Mainly just Cooper talking for any of you that can't handle the other guys.

TLDL: Cooper thinks UW can easily be a national competitive team again if they get a coach that recruits (don't lose EE and JT) and knows how to delegate and appropriately use his staff to adjust to the times (not an arrogant coach with yes men)

That all seems to be a rather water is wet series of comments.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Besides nothing, what exactly does Justin Glenn do?

Asking for a fren.

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Dawgman did a podcast today with Cooper Petagna and it was one of the most brutally honest and refreshing take on Lake and the UW coaching situation going forward. Mainly just Cooper talking for any of you that can't handle the other guys.

TLDL: Cooper thinks UW can easily be a national competitive team again if they get a coach that recruits (don't lose EE and JT) and knows how to delegate and appropriately use his staff to adjust to the times (not an arrogant coach with yes men)

Tell Jen! He did go into more detail that was just the TLDL
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

All Jimmy had to do when King was here was focus on one specific position. He was great at that. Coaching and recruiting both. The more responsibility he got, the more he started to decay and spread himself thin.
    Hard lesson to learn -- delegation. That's why you hire people around you who are smarter and better than you.
    Peter Principle. Happens all the tim.
  • Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    It was a great interview and I’m sure his firing was one of the early signs that Sonic talked about. Outside of Kim doing the interviewing, he was honest felt under Petersen we should have recruited better, of course Kim the “ stars don’t matter” crowd would not dare question him when he made it clear recruiting is over development. Now the whole Dawgman staff is about brininging in a recruiter after spewing the false narrative development trumps recruiting “stars don’t matter”
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

• Options
    ATLDawg said:

It was a great interview and I’m sure his firing was one of the early signs that Sonic talked about. Outside of Kim doing the interviewing, he was honest felt under Petersen we should have recruited better, of course Kim the “ stars don’t matter” crowd would not dare question him when he made it clear recruiting is over development. Now the whole Dawgman staff is about brininging in a recruiter after spewing the false narrative development trumps recruiting “stars don’t matter”

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

The handsome and swarthy Cuban south of here has made that point abundantly clear. You can certainly underachieve with talent and overachieve without it. But if you're going to be really good, you need good DNA and you need to put it together. why not bofe.gif?