Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wilcox

Has Brock’s endorsement.

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Good fit as DC
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Wilcox wanted the job in 2O13 because he felt like he was the reason we won 9 that year.

If he's fired up and wants to be a daWg and wage the war against meat (and Stoops won't come here) then whatever 'Lets Roll' or whatever was Rolovich's stupid fucking slogan...
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Wilcox is also boring as shit. I know he's at Cal but he looks perpetually indifferent on the sidelines
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Football players are the worst evaluators of football coaches.

The skill set and mental approach required to succeed in football is the exact opposite of that required for picking good coaches. Science.
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    digits said:

What am I missing here? He's 24–27. Hard pass.

Endorsed by kimmy
  • Options
    CH0PwarlordCH0Pwarlord Member Posts: 224
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Alex Grinch? He had a good year in like ‘16 and has probably averaged giving up 30 ppg since. How does he keep making mentions?
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

My stance on Wilcox is that I'm not sure he wouldn't be good. I don't understand why he's even in the conversation though. He's nowhere near the tier UW should be looking at. Not until he has coached a winner somewhere. So far all he has done is leave the SEC to be a part of the Sark party, fail upward with Sark to USC, then settle for a hopeless HC gig at a program who's aspiration is to compete for bowl games. What about his history and resume suggests he is in the elite tier of potentially available coaches?

Because you’re not selling Husky football. You’re selling working for an apathetic university that is more supportive of its Olympic sports than FB and MBB. You’re also selling a broken roster with massive holes after two years of suspect recruiting and a good amount of portalgasms.

The three most impactful PAC-12 coaches in 20 years were a 9/11 Truther retread from pro football, a chubby adorable little rascal from New Hampshire who refused to not speak out the side of his mouth, and a dude who had teeth that came out of a 1982 Dental Catalogue from Boise. What do the three of them have in common? Nothing. Hire the best coach you can, and if Wilcox is the best you *can* hire, that’s who you hire.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

My stance on Wilcox is that I'm not sure he wouldn't be good. I don't understand why he's even in the conversation though. He's nowhere near the tier UW should be looking at. Not until he has coached a winner somewhere. So far all he has done is leave the SEC to be a part of the Sark party, fail upward with Sark to USC, then settle for a hopeless HC gig at a program who's aspiration is to compete for bowl games. What about his history and resume suggests he is in the elite tier of potentially available coaches?

Theit entire thing is 'I beat good schools at a school that wants to drop football.'

If you're not into that then there's no point in rage posting.

But him and Sirmon want us badly. Can you blame them?
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    Just wrote 35 emails to UW AD under different DAWG emails supporting the hiring of a classy coach, who did the best he could with his hands tied at Cal. Already has UW ties and won’t let athletics get in the way of the student athletes achieving their goals of representing the University of Washington after their football careers come to a close in the REAL world and not just at internships at NIKE.

Good luck rest of the way.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Doesn’t he have a CONTRACT???
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    That's not really an endorsement. He picked him out of a shitty list of four. I'd like to see a real list given to Brock and see who he selects.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Alex Grinch? He had a good year in like ‘16 and has probably averaged giving up 30 ppg since. How does he keep making mentions?

no kidding

Oklahomo's defense has been bad for a while
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Just wrote 35 emails to UW AD under different DAWG emails supporting the hiring of a classy coach, who did the best he could with his hands tied at Cal. Already has UW ties and won’t let athletics get in the way of the student athletes achieving their goals of representing the University of Washington after their football careers come to a close in the REAL world and not just at internships at NIKE.

Good luck rest of the way.

Congrats on being able to type

Didn’t think you guys could