Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This Will End Well

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I appreciate Tracy’s hustle and looking out for his brother

I appreciate that kids got to do what’s in their best interest

But publicly stating last night that Mario’s building Oregon into the Alabama of the West Coast when your brother is on staff at that school’s biggest rival … just sits wrong with me to then say that next UW coach better keep his brother on staff

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    He’s a fucking idiot but he has the in state talent so he can gate keep it.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

All of it's overstated. I have no idea if his brother is of any value. The new guy can judge that. Tracy also doesn't have the leverage a lot of you think he does.

A good recruiter will sell a kid regardless of what his trainer thinks (and I don't think Tracy is one to go all scorched earth and jeopardize his own reputation out of spite anyways). And winning trumps everything. As always.

Power I agree with you on

Where I disagree is that he has the ability to be chilly if things go south and that vibe has the chance to indirectly be a negative going forward … the whole perception is reality thing
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,737
    What a preening bitch.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Tequilla said:

All of it's overstated. I have no idea if his brother is of any value. The new guy can judge that. Tracy also doesn't have the leverage a lot of you think he does.

A good recruiter will sell a kid regardless of what his trainer thinks (and I don't think Tracy is one to go all scorched earth and jeopardize his own reputation out of spite anyways). And winning trumps everything. As always.

Power I agree with you on

Where I disagree is that he has the ability to be chilly if things go south and that vibe has the chance to indirectly be a negative going forward … the whole perception is reality thing
    Sure, lots of things are/can be a negative. But I don't believe Tracy will ever have a material impact on our recruiting. If he did, we would've seen results from his brother being on staff.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,643 Founders Club

Tracy Ford gonna Tracy Ford.

Like the frog and the scorpion. Everyone to their own nature.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,721 Standard Supporter

Tracy Ford gonna Tracy Ford.

Like the frog and the scorpion. Everyone to their own nature.
    Tracy Ford is classic AAU program ego. They are quite convincing that THEY and they only are the magic sauce to get a kid a schollie somewhere. These days there are Tracy Fords In every moderate sized city in the country. Some are grifter hanger ons, some know their stuff. There’s more grifters than true trainers.

They reality is genetics is the biggest determinant.

• coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,218
    Tom Herman actively caring about FSPs opinion

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    So even if we get a decent coach, Tracy Ford's gonna be butthurt and will not allow any of his special talent to go to UW.
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 743
    Without actually clicking the article, let me guess - Brandon Huffman wrote it?