Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yella's Yellowstone Free Pub

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

OK, so I just gave Bezos my $19.99 to start Season 3 and they are camping on the Weber river. I can't handle to free pub over load. I've hiked through this sage brush like a thousand times.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on season 4. I've heard conflicting reviews on the quality.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,428
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Season 4 is season 3

Most shows run into similar issues about this time

Season 2 is the apex so far
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

OK, so I just gave Bezos my $19.99 to start Season 3 and they are camping on the Weber river. I can't handle to free pub over load. I've hiked through this sage brush like a thousand times.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on season 4. I've heard conflicting reviews on the quality.
    I agree with you @DerekJohnson that Monica is annoying.

I'll keep watching till my free pub runs out.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

What would the Paramount app have cost

It looks like it has a ton of good stuff

Good question. I don't look at the credit card bill anyways in our house. I just click on what I want from Prime and don't worry too much about the consequences.

For the Golfer's in the group...Promontory Clubhouse is the location for Dan Jenkin's club.

My folks still live just yonder beyond the course by the base of the ski hill.

You’re now speaking my language
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Good question. I don't look at the credit card bill anyways in our house. I just click on what I want from Prime and don't worry too much about the consequences.

For the Golfer's in the group...Promontory Clubhouse is the location for Dan Jenkin's club.

Netflix needs to come out with a series about pro golfers.

The 19th Hole

Lust. Greed. Trophies.
    Backed by murder.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Netflix needs to come out with a series about pro golfers.

The 19th Hole

Lust. Greed. Trophies.
    Backed by murder.
    There’s some interesting content out there if you look for it … not necessarily by the top tour stars but a lot of the more “working class” of tour players are way more average Joe than you’d expect
  • Options
    Founders Club

I agree with you @DerekJohnson that Monica is annoying.

I'll keep watching till my free pub runs out.
    Her score on the hotness meter kept descending with each passing episode
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You guys haven't realized yet that you've been conned into watching a soap opera?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dead Solid Perfect is the perfect golf novel. Dan Jenkins
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys haven't realized yet that you've been conned into watching a soap opera?

Conned?

Kids today. What do you think Dallas and Dynasty were?

Not new
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

This may be true, but it's my kind of soap opera.

Hell, I feel like I've earned the right to sit down with Costner and have a cold Banquet Beer (maybe @CFetters_Nacho_Lover too) based on how much time he's been spending on MY ranch.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Story time. Women entering the workforce in droves in the 70's changed America dramatically.

One thing that changed in the window before VCRs were widely used and cable expanded to where there was a Soap Network was that daytime soaps lost massive audience. The solution was nighttime soaps. The bonus was that men like soaps too. Put in enough sex and violence and mix with oil or cattle and you had a show that the whole family watched.

Dallas and Dynasty led the way.

Grocery stores usually closed by 6 or 7 at night because mom could shop during the day. Of course not everyone was a 2 parental unit nuclear family but the world was set for that and not much else

7-11 literally meant we are open from 7AM to 11PM which was radical at the time. I recall buying a pack of smokes on Christmas Day at a 7-11 in 1974 and marveling at it. You paid a premium for it

Blue laws wouldn't let stores open on Sunday or sell beer if they did

Fast food blew up as getting a bucket of Colonel Sanders on the way home from work was easy

By 1980 the template for the modern world was in place. It would take two incomes to stay even with one income previously. Convenience and have it your way now was in. Restrictions were out.

CSB
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Story time. Women entering the workforce in droves in the 70's changed America dramatically.

One thing that changed in the window before VCRs were widely used and cable expanded to where there was a Soap Network was that daytime soaps lost massive audience. The solution was nighttime soaps. The bonus was that men like soaps too. Put in enough sex and violence and mix with oil or cattle and you had a show that the whole family watched.

Dallas and Dynasty led the way.

Grocery stores usually closed by 6 or 7 at night because mom could shop during the day. Of course not everyone was a 2 parental unit nuclear family but the world was set for that and not much else

7-11 literally meant we are open from 7AM to 11PM which was radical at the time. I recall buying a pack of smokes on Christmas Day at a 7-11 in 1974 and marveling at it. You paid a premium for it

Blue laws wouldn't let stores open on Sunday or sell beer if they did

Fast food blew up as getting a bucket of Colonel Sanders on the way home from work was easy

By 1980 the template for the modern world was in place. It would take two incomes to stay even with one income previously. Convenience and have it your way now was in. Restrictions were out.

CSB

Yellowstone has plenty of good killing. Could use more naked boobies but oh well.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I remember being a kid, had to be 78 or 79, and the Friday night lineup was The Incredible Hulk, followed by The Dukes of Hazzard and then Dallas. I was like 7 and this three hours was the best shit ever. Remember you millennial turds we had like 4 channels. That lineup was straight fire.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    You can record this show for free if you have YouTube TV. Might have to wait for the episodes to be added so that you can get them in chronological order, though. Conveniently, I think Season 1 is the only that has not yet had any recordings completed for me to start.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DirecTV has the paramount network They do a Yellowstone marathon every couple of months. All part of the package

Now that every show or network that I like has their own premium app sticking with DTV wasn't such a bad idea

HBO Max is included too, On demand

The price has equalized which is what I thought would happen once enough cords got cut
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022

This may be true, but it's my kind of soap opera.

Hell, I feel like I've earned the right to sit down with Costner and have a cold Banquet Beer (maybe @CFetters_Nacho_Lover too) based on how much time he's been spending on MY ranch.
    Last December, I walked by an outdoor steakhouse in Santa Monica and saw Coster having some kind of meeting with a couple of guys. CSB.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2022
    Started it a month ago. It is a decent show but something about it just doesn't pull me in like everyone who recommended it. Never really been into the whole Ranch/Cowboy thing. Good enough to keep going/finish though unless it falls off a cliff.