Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ken Griswold on Wilcox

Ken expects Wilcox to be on Jen's list:

"Most out here know very little about Wilcox or his situation. He's very well-respected and is in an almost impossible situation right now. I wouldn't dismiss him so quickly with the limited knowledge most out here have. I like Wilcox a lot. And with the right staff, I think he'd do very, very well at UW."

Anybody know Ken's track record for identifying and advocating for successful coaches?

Comments

• Options

Never a let an opportunity to provide "insider information" pass without taking shots at your paid subscribers!

Negging your customers. Kim's business basics 101.

It's OK.

Only cucks hang out there
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just when I've almost moved on and forgotten how much this guy bugs me...

His determination to keep gnawing at his plot to rise to glory alongside a friendly coaching staff is alive and well. He has publicly shamed himself for nearly a fucking decade and still lacks any self awareness. The repetitive failures of the Sark coaching tree haven't quieted him down. He constantly gets called out over his embarrassing boot licking but it hasn't slowed him down. I wonder what it would take?
  • Options
    chuck said:

Just when I've almost moved on and forgotten how much this guy bugs me...

YOU'RE WELCOME!
  • Options

Wilcox could win at Cal if he was any good. Erickson won at Oregon State

You either got it or you don't

Wilner and Ken understand the Pac-12 is TOUGH
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This whole Wilcox thing is everything that is wrong with coaching searches and why most end in failure

ADs hire people they like and no and aren't a risk even if they fail. Media supports coaches they like and attack coaches that get on their wrong side

Coaches hire assistants that they like to drink with

When we were doing Ty's office I was hanging around and walked in on a bunch of assistants just playing grab ass while the program burned. I'd call them frat boys but like me they probably couldn't get in a frat.

At one time we documented the "great" James assistants and how bad they were when they weren't his assistant.

Other than Mora not SR and Pinkel not a lot of them had much success.

Wilcox could win at Cal if he was any good. Erickson won at Oregon State

You either got it or you don't

You’d be surprised at the number of dork fraternities out there. You just wood.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,613
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    They laughed me off the board at dawgman suggesting Sark could replace Tyrone. Took a lot of shit for that one. Ftg’s
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Don't worry, I'm sure the next OC Wilcox hires will be the one that turns this around
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is Kimmy still ride or die for Hopkins, too? Dialed in.

Nothing like losing as an 18pt favorite at home to drive home why letting a failed coach blow out his staff/roster never fucking works.