Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I’m hearing

2»

Comments

• Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DucksFC said:

What in da fuq is that?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Wilcox is a good coach who I'd expect to land somewhere just below where Petersen had the program. I think he's es relatively low risk in that I can't picture him failing to win 8-10 games per year at UW. Better than Sark and light years better than Lake. Not good enough though. That's really the risk with him...satisfactory mediocrity. It's a big risk too.

Do better. It's time for UW to branch out and bring in someone new. Be the program that launches a career for a hungry, promising young coach who has to prove that he deserved the promotion.

I'd have a hard time saying no to Tedford though. I know he fizzled at Cal but it took him one season to turn their recruiting around and make them the primary threat to USC in the conference. He's tanned, rested and ready. He might top out like Wilcox or burn out quickly again, but I'd bet anything he'd get the program on track.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    YimmyFake said:

If UW hires Wilcox, it’s pulling the cord. Jeebus, hiring an Oregon grad from Junction City lol. No mind that the fella has been an abject failure at foobaw coaching.

You’re not very good at this.

Your inability to grasp the engrish language makes myself and @FireCohen feel like rogue scholars.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DucksFC said:

This is both amazing and terrifying at the same time. I am aroused yet I want to gouge my eyes out.

YVBE
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Be the program that launches a career for a hungry, promising young coach who has to prove that he deserved the promotion.

Sounds like you’re talking about Jimmy Lake 2019. But give him a fat paycheck and he coasted.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021

YimmyFake said:

If UW hires Wilcox, it’s pulling the cord. Jeebus, hiring an Oregon grad from Junction City lol. No mind that the fella has been an abject failure at foobaw coaching.

You’re not very good at this.

Your inability to grasp the engrish language makes myself and @FireCohen feel like rogue scholars.
    Lol, this uw education was worth every penny
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

And a million dollar defensive coordinator
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If Wilcox hires a good OC and brings GA, Tosh, and Heyward with him back to UW then I might be ok with the hire. Won't get me excited but at least we'll have some recruiting sizzle.
  • Options
    TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 87
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2021

You saw his trajectory at Oregon right. He doesn't recruit. Oc maybe but Chip doesn't even run that offence any more. Also he hired Don Pellum as his D coordinator. Enough said
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021
    TheDude said:

You saw his trajectory at Oregon right. He doesn't recruit. Oc maybe but Chip doesn't even run that offence any more. Also he hired Don Pellum as his D coordinator. Enough said
    Hire good recruiters, win fuckng games. The rest will fall in place
    He would be Wilcox’s offensive coordinator