Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Larry Stone is GOAT

2»

Comments

• GaearGrimsrudGaearGrimsrud Member Posts: 82
    edited November 2021

LawDawg1 said:

Impossible. Wilner has been rah rah’ing Wilcox all week for UW.

but I am always concerned when a coach takes a job at a school that just doesn’t give a fuck or isn’t able to compete. Wilcox at Cal and Craig Bohl at Wyoming come to mind.
    I believe Bohl did give a fuck at one time. I believe he arrived at Laramie thinking he could build something, looking to other similar sized college towns (Ames Iowa and Stillwater OK come to mind) as models. I believe he quickly discovered Wyoming students are happy to show up at home games to drink until shitfaced, fight and vomit all over the stadium bleachers. But donations for upgrading facilities are not forthcoming.
    I believe he is now just trying to keep the Cowboys competitive enough that his name is relevant in Lincoln come December.
    Just my $0.02

Edit: sorry, missed the context of your comment. Yeah Wyoming doesn't give a fuck...

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    iDawg said:

The misguided hiring of Donovan as Lake’s first important act as coach was in many ways the instigator of much of the underachievement that has followed

All you need the know…

Pod please. No time like the present lol
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

iDawg said:

The misguided hiring of Donovan as Lake’s first important act as coach was in many ways the instigator of much of the underachievement that has followed

All you need the know…

Pod please. No time like the present lol
    We talked a bit about how much to charge....
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

LawDawg1 said:

Impossible. Wilner has been rah rah’ing Wilcox all week for UW.

In another post about Wilner saying there’s a 99% chance Lake is gone, I commented that because Cohen is supposedly his primary source at UW, saying Lake is likely gone was a positive sign. My fear is that Cohen is telling him she’s focused on Wilcox now.

I don’t necessarily discredit a coach who doesn’t go completely lights out at a lower performing school but I am always concerned when a coach takes a job at a school that just doesn’t give a fuck or isn’t able to compete. Wilcox at Cal and Craig Bohl at Wyoming come to mind.
    I agree with this - the Dawgman guys have been working overtime to make sure people know how bad of a hand Wilcox has been dealt at Cal. No way Wilner plus those three are simultaneously defending the idea of Wilcox coincidentally
    Sure they are because they both have independent motivations to support Wilcox. LPT because they had the time of their lives being fed bullshit information by Sark’s party staff and pretending they were cool.

Wilner because Cal isn’t gonna fire Wilcox so he needs him to get hired away.