Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Larry Stone is GOAT

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,621
https://seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/after-sideline-incident-its-a-matter-of-when-not-if-uw-will-part-ways-with-football-coach-jimmy-lake/

1. Matt Campbell (I can see him wanted by USC and Michigan State. If USC whiffs on Fickell and MSU loses Tucker to LSU).

2. Tom Herman (could join the team as an observer as soon as the AC and then start full-time in December for recruiting, interviewing existing staff, and putting one together). Not totally sure how he lost his Texas team last year and maybe he'd be willing to keep Adams and Malloe for continuity while putting together a staff.

3. Kalen DeBoer (I like his staff though his OC would probably stay at FSU and be the HC. He has a couple of coaches on his staff with Washington ties).

4. Jay Norvell / Andy Avalos.

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,796
    Impossible. Wilner has been rah rah’ing Wilcox all week for UW.
  • DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957

Why do people like Wilcox? It’s not like Cal is doing anything

Yea that would be underwhelming to say the least and most likely will happen
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I just don’t see Campbell at Michigan St … what’s the path to success?

Tucker would be spring boarding to there to prove himself and then to LSU. Campbell doesn’t need to take a leap.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,796

We are a proud program of following those that fall upward.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tucker would be spring boarding to there to prove himself and then to LSU. Campbell doesn’t need to take a leap.

You could see coaches in general leave the big 12 over time.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

I agree with this … but I don’t think it’s a complete dumpster fire for the conference for a number of reasons

My point being that Michigan St is arguably the 4th best job in the Big 10 East … win the East and you still have to beat Wisconsin or whatever to win the Big 10

I just don’t see the upside in the job there … most years you’re not getting into whatever the CFP looks like

Committees are still loss counters at the end of the day
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I agree with this … but I don’t think it’s a complete dumpster fire for the conference for a number of reasons

My point being that Michigan St is arguably the 4th best job in the Big 10 East … win the East and you still have to beat Wisconsin or whatever to win the Big 10

I just don’t see the upside in the job there … most years you’re not getting into whatever the CFP looks like

Committees are still loss counters at the end of the day
    It’s the second best division in football right now. But they’ve proven you can win consistently with Dantoni. The income gap between big 12 and big 10 will widen.

SEC
    BIG 10

Pac12 ACC

Big 12
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Nobody does just Wilner. And he has ulterior motives.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    I hear Marcus Arroyo expressing interest and it's mutual. Brb...
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,643 Founders Club
    iDawg said:

The misguided hiring of Donovan as Lake’s first important act as coach was in many ways the instigator of much of the underachievement that has followed

All you need the know…

STAY!
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,191 Founders Club
    iDawg said:

The misguided hiring of Donovan as Lake’s first important act as coach was in many ways the instigator of much of the underachievement that has followed

All you need the know…

WHO. IN. THE ACTUAL. FUCK. ARE. YOU ??

Now more than evar, we? NEED an HHB poodcast. Make it happen.

@iDawg @RaceBannon

Just one ep. HHB's of the world need you.

Simple fact. Case closed. End of discussion.

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,191 Founders Club
    edited November 2021

iDawg is the Daniel Day-Lewis of podcasting

The last of the Half Brains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaQeVnN6pUc

• EastCoastDoogEastCoastDoog Member Posts: 98

LawDawg1 said:

Impossible. Wilner has been rah rah’ing Wilcox all week for UW.

In another post about Wilner saying there’s a 99% chance Lake is gone, I commented that because Cohen is supposedly his primary source at UW, saying Lake is likely gone was a positive sign. My fear is that Cohen is telling him she’s focused on Wilcox now.

I don’t necessarily discredit a coach who doesn’t go completely lights out at a lower performing school but I am always concerned when a coach takes a job at a school that just doesn’t give a fuck or isn’t able to compete. Wilcox at Cal and Craig Bohl at Wyoming come to mind.
    I agree with this - the Dawgman guys have been working overtime to make sure people know how bad of a hand Wilcox has been dealt at Cal. No way Wilner plus those three are simultaneously defending the idea of Wilcox coincidentally