Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wilner finally surrenders to Lunatic Fringe

13»

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Wilner gets a little bit of a pass from me for being the lead person in the media to really go after Larry Scott (him and Canzano) but holy fuck the dude's ideas are fucking stupid.

If the AD’s and coaches liked Larry Scott the pac12 hotline would not have been critical at all of the commissioner. He has zero ideas of his own.

CanzAno did all the work on that and most coaches and AD’s hate him.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,462 Swaye's Wigwam
    Just for (not) fun where does cox rank in the p12?

Witt
    Shaw
    Cristo
    Cox?

Hmmm
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    dnc said:

Wilcox to UW isn't happening and Wilner knows it,

He's simultaneously rubbing Wilcox's balls, tweaking the Cal administration and flinging turds at the part of the UW fan base that regularly bashes his hot takes

Cal is in its current Covid predicament for two reasons:

1) Excessive lockdown-type restrictions by State of California/City of Berkeley

2) Despite the protocols in place, 44 players tested positive and that's why the USC game has been pushed back 3 weeks.

The University of Subaru is not hiring a coach with that black mark on his record.

Just won't do it.

I think it's pretty clear Wilcox is Jen's first choice.

Which is why, I'll say it again, Jen can't be allowed to make this hire.

#FireJenCohen

#NotForGregLewisThough
    That’s not obvious at all. We aren’t hiring a 3-6 coach from Cal. Especially amid all this press about their covid situation. Wake up.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,052 Founders Club

dnc said:

Wilcox to UW isn't happening and Wilner knows it,

He's simultaneously rubbing Wilcox's balls, tweaking the Cal administration and flinging turds at the part of the UW fan base that regularly bashes his hot takes

Cal is in its current Covid predicament for two reasons:

1) Excessive lockdown-type restrictions by State of California/City of Berkeley

2) Despite the protocols in place, 44 players tested positive and that's why the USC game has been pushed back 3 weeks.

The University of Subaru is not hiring a coach with that black mark on his record.

Just won't do it.

I think it's pretty clear Wilcox is Jen's first choice.

Which is why, I'll say it again, Jen can't be allowed to make this hire.

#FireJenCohen

#NotForGregLewisThough
    That’s not obvious at all. We aren’t hiring a 3-6 coach from Cal. Especially amid all this press about their covid situation. Wake up.
    When you take the position that UW will almost always do the opposite of what logical sports fans, writers, etc. think should happen, you hold the opinion that Cohen is seriously considering hiring Wilcox.
    Gladstone said:

Wilner:

(a) likes Wilcox personally and is trying to help him,

(b) hates Berkeley's University Health Services and is slighting them, and

(c) is trolling UW fans who justifiably call him out for his spectacularly terrible takes in '21.

That's what this is.

Exactly. It has nothing to do with us.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

Wilner:

(a) likes Wilcox personally and is trying to help him,

(b) hates Berkeley's University Health Services and is slighting them, and

(c) is trolling UW fans who justifiably call him out for his spectacularly terrible takes in '21.

That's what this is.

🙏🙏🙏
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    We aren’t hiring Wilcox.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    I remember thinking that UW would NEVER hire the coach they beat like a drum when he was at Stanford and who had just been fired by Notre Dame

@AtomicDawg knows

Never bet against the wrong move
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,796
    Canadawg said:

Witt
    Shaw
    Cristo
    Cox?

Hmmm

Shaw? FTG
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

We aren’t hiring Wilcox.

He checks all the boxes for this current AD:

Oregon grad

Has ties to Cal

Players go to class

Beat Oregon and USC. And lost to Oregon the RIGHT way this year.

Doesn't say stupid shit to the media
    LawDawg1 said:

Canadawg said:

Witt
    Shaw
    Cristo
    Cox?

Hmmm

Shaw? FTG
    IF we? were to dabble in a reclamation project Shaw would be the one to risk it on

Something has gone wrong on the Farm and he is either burned out or Stanford decided to drop serious football

Shaw has shown he can do it. If UW is so serious that he would get more support here for big time winning he probably could.

I wouldn't do it but he fits the mold of the guy you would. If that makes sense

LawDawg1 said:

Canadawg said:

Witt
    Shaw
    Cristo
    Cox?

Hmmm

Shaw? FTG
    IF we? were to dabble in a reclamation project Shaw would be the one to risk it on

Something has gone wrong on the Farm and he is either burned out or Stanford decided to drop serious football

Shaw has shown he can do it. If UW is so serious that he would get more support here for big time winning he probably could.

I'm confused- what has Shaw shown?

Literally every idiot in their mom's basement predicted he wouldn't be able to maintain what Harbaugh built and that Stanford would slide back into mediocrity. And lo and behold, that is exactly what happened?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

Canadawg said:

Witt
    Shaw
    Cristo
    Cox?

Hmmm

Shaw? FTG

I believe it's because the early signing period has made it much, much harder for him to get really good players. Or at least he whined about it at the time and hasn't had a .500 season since.

LawDawg1 said:

Canadawg said:

Witt
    Shaw
    Cristo
    Cox?

Hmmm

Shaw? FTG

Literally every idiot in their mom's basement predicted he wouldn't be able to maintain what Harbaugh built and that Stanford would slide back into mediocrity. And lo and behold, that is exactly what happened?
    I was one of those idiots but a look at the record shows he performed past the "Harbaugh players" line. He had an 8 year run better than the run Petersen is so wistfully remembered for. And he won 2 Rose Bowls

I stand by my statement. Wouldn't do it but this is the guy you would

LawDawg1 said:

Canadawg said:

Witt
    Shaw
    Cristo
    Cox?

Hmmm

Shaw? FTG

I was one of those idiots but a look at the record shows he performed past the "Harbaugh players" line. He had an 8 year run better than the run Petersen is so wistfully remembered for. And he won 2 Rose Bowls

Looks like a six-year run to me. Probably would have been four but for Christian McCaffrey.

Also remember when he signed a class of TWELVE in 2013? That was brilliant.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    Hire Dan Lanning from UGA and give him a big staff budget if you want to go cheaper. Fuck off with this Wilcox bullshit.

LawDawg1 said:

Canadawg said:

Witt
    Shaw
    Cristo
    Cox?

Hmmm

Shaw? FTG

Looks like a six-year run to me. Probably would have been four but for Christian McCaffrey.

Also remember when he signed a class of TWELVE in 2013? That was brilliant.
    I gave him all the way to the 9-4 in honor of Pete's 8-5. I'm classy like that

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,462 Swaye's Wigwam
    Saying a team would have been bad if they didn't have their good players is not academically prowess