Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Decided this deserved its own thread

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
Fickel coached a year at Ohio State after the Tressel implosion. Ohio State pushed him aside for Urban Meyer

That's the administration I want

Cinnci plays a one game season. Scott Frost couldn't lose at UCF. Can't win at Nebraska

UW can get *almost* any coach they want if they try. And if they have an AD and president that supports them

Petersen turned down USC and Oregon and came to UW. Maybe that said something about him maybe not. The fact that he thought it was hard here when people still want to suck his dick is weird

Colorado was an objectively better job when Rick left to come here.

Mel Tucker left Colorado to go to a dumpster fire at Michigan State because its a better job

Don't give Jen and the gang an excuse to go cheap or small time with this no one will coach here talk. Its not true

Demand excellence otherwise might as well keep Jimmy and fire all the assistants.

Comments

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    I mean Jen should do the due diligence and reach out to Fick to gauge interest but he ain’t coming here.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,593 Founders Club

Fickel coached a year at Ohio State after the Tressel implosion. Ohio State pushed him aside for Urban Meyer

That's the administration I want

Cinnci plays a one game season. Scott Frost couldn't lose at UCF. Can't win at Nebraska

UW can get *almost* any coach they want if they try. And if they have an AD and president that supports them

Petersen turned down USC and Oregon and came to UW. Maybe that said something about him maybe not. The fact that he thought it was hard here when people still want to suck his dick is weird

Colorado was an objectively better job when Rick left to come here.

Mel Tucker left Colorado to go to a dumpster fire at Michigan State because its a better job

Don't give Jen and the gang an excuse to go cheap or small time with this no one will coach here talk. Its not true

Demand excellence otherwise might as well keep Jimmy and fire all the assistants.

It’s as if Race was listening in the other room of Derek’s Moms basement
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,015
    Pick a guy with a smokin' hot wife. Guys with hot wives are more confident. Guys who are more confident are winners.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Fickell might be a great coach or he might simply be riding a senior QB at a school where its actually pretty easy to win against their level of competition.

Either way- he was in a tough position at Ohio State. His authority and qualifications were questioned right from the start and he pretty much had no chance.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club

Pick a guy with a smokin' hot wife. Guys with hot wives are more confident. Guys who are more confident are winners.

Confirmed.

• SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 951

Didn’t work with Lake
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,369

Well, looks like myself and @dirtysouwfdawg are out of the running. Here we go bashing 3* wives....
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,369
    dannarc said:

Well, looks like myself and @dirtysouwfdawg are out of the running. Here we go bashing 3* wives....

Edit: He is not my wife

Didn’t work with Lake
    Lake's wife is a 6*. I'm talking hot. Give his retard brother a shot. She's an 8+*. Remember, my standards are high.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club

Fickell might be a great coach or he might simply be riding a senior QB at a school where its actually pretty easy to win against their level of competition.

Either way- he was in a tough position at Ohio State. His authority and qualifications were questioned right from the start and he pretty much had no chance.

I wouldn't freak out if Luke got hired

It would be nice to have confidence in the people doing the hiring but that's crazy talk

I agree his position at tOSU was near impossible
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Didn’t work with Lake
    Confident, and have a fucking vision for the program that makes you stand out and builds culture. Promote that vision and be consistent.

Probably most important is you have to be type A details details details almost to a fault. The best always seem to be prepared for every situation.

Jimmy could talk shit just fine but he had no long-term vision so when his watered down b4l spiel he wasn't passionate or truly knowledgeable about started falling flat with recruits, and he didn't have a plan to fall back on.

And it was fairly evident to me after reading an article in April of 19 profiling diff coaches and what their schools are doing to prepare for crootin' during covid. It was this very moment I became scared shitless bc I knew Jimmy's whole plan was once we get them on campus and while Oregon was getting kids excited about the program, Jimmy was telling em all wait till OVs which for the first time started to legit sound like they may not happen at all. And it was plain as day Jimmy had never thought of the contingency plans for very real possibility.

After that, I knew it would eventually get ugly.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861

Yeah man, ms. terri is the definition of a milf

I wouldn't freak out if Luke got hired

It would be nice to have confidence in the people doing the hiring but that's crazy talk

I agree his position at tOSU was near impossible

Hey motherfucker ....

Yeah man, ms. terri is the definition of a milf
    Shut it Fudgie.
    edited November 2021

Didn’t work with Lake
    Confident, and have a fucking vision for the program that makes you stand out and builds culture. Promote that vision and be consistent.

Probably most important is you have to be type A details details details almost to a fault. The best always seem to be prepared for every situation.

Jimmy could talk shit just fine but he had no long-term vision so when his watered down b4l spiel he wasn't passionate or truly knowledgeable about started falling flat with recruits, and he didn't have a plan to fall back on.

And it was fairly evident to me after reading an article in April of 19 profiling diff coaches and what their schools are doing to prepare for crootin' during covid. It was this very moment I became scared shitless bc I knew Jimmy's whole plan was once we get them on campus and while Oregon was getting kids excited about the program, Jimmy was telling em all wait till OVs which for the first time started to legit sound like they may not happen at all. And it was plain as day Jimmy had never thought of the contingency plans for very real possibility.

After that, I knew it would eventually get ugly.
    Think about the mouthiest chirpiest cockiest players on the field: corners. You need them, having great ones lets you do a whole lotta other shit, but they're not the backbone of any team. Jimmy is DBU. That's it. And it was obvious back when I said it was obvious. Even b4 @MikeDamone.