Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark vs. Oregon

2009: 43-19
2010: 53-16
2011: 34-17
2012: 52-21
2013: 45-24

Why did USC hire this guy again?

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    first 2 meeting.
    Lose by 24, and 33.
    next 3 17, 21, and 21.
    Incremental progress!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Kind of a doog post to have this be the reason to not hire Sark.

The main reason to not hire Sark are these numbers.

34-29

7th place
    T-3rd
    3rd in the north(T-4th overall)
    4th in the north(T-5th overall lost tiebreaker to USC so T-6th)
    3rd in the north(6th overall, worst finish since year one but "special" season)

24-21 in conference

Kind of a doog post to have this be the reason to not hire Sark.

The main reason to not hire Sark are these numbers.

34-29

7th place
    T-3rd
    3rd in the north(T-4th overall)
    4th in the north(T-5th overall lost tiebreaker to USC so T-6th)
    3rd in the north(6th overall, worst finish since year one but "special" season)

24-21 in conference

It's a relevant point. If you can't stay within two touchdowns of Oregon, you're not going to win the conference. It's a simple measure for Doogs that can't understand the rest of the details you mentioned.
    But Oregon cheats and the HAMMER!!!! is going to be dropped soon. So they'll be irrelevant. I'm hearing from some good sources.
    Just now realized that Sark went 3rd in conference to tied for 4th, to tied for 5th to 6th place.

He got incrementally worse you could argue.
    dhdawg said:

first 2 meeting.
    Lose by 24, and 33.
    next 3 17, 21, and 21.
    Incremental progress!

If only you knew how to do math.

Next three was 17, 31, and 21 so typical Sark it was all over the place and still the same as the first two years.

On the 31 point loss you did have this gem by IssyDoog.

Forget about the numbers. Just look at the game. We stuffed the run so many times. We stopped how many of Oregon's drives? A lot of them. A big difference between this year and last year. Justin Wilcox really made a difference.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    yikes, I just went softyfs on that one
  • PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    He's got a purdy mouth.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon state loses to 50 by us at home but then has Oregon on their ass at Autzen in the civil war. At least they have some heart and take the rivalry seriously. We've just laid down spread eagle like a blacked out sorostitute. I don't hate Oregon or Eugene but I want a coach that can get his players to take the game as seriously as the beavers did this year. I really think that Sark's opinion of the rivalry is 'It'd be awesome if we could beat Oregon' so it's no wonder UW shows up to get its teeth knocked in.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,564 Founders Club
    haie said:

Oregon state loses to 50 by us at home but then has Oregon on their ass at Autzen in the civil war. At least they have some heart and take the rivalry seriously. We've just laid down spread eagle like a blacked out sorostitute. I don't hate Oregon or Eugene but I want a coach that can get his players to take the game as seriously as the beavers did this year. I really think that Sark's opinion of the rivalry is 'It'd be awesome if we could beat Oregon' so it's no wonder UW shows up to get its teeth knocked in.

Things are changing. We won't be Oregon's play toy much longer.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

haie said:

huh?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

huh?
    Petersen >>>>> Helf

we probably won't win this year @ Autzen, but I'd bet you Sven's $20 we win in '15
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

haie said:

huh?
    Petersen >>>>> Helf

we probably won't win this year @ Autzen, but I'd bet you Sven's $20 we win in '15
    Helf will be gone in '15. His leash has become very short.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

haie said:

huh?
    Petersen >>>>> Helf

Think UW will win at Autzen next year? Your D loses some people, right?

I honestly don't follow your roster that closely. I'm assuming Barner and that bitch Huff are gone as well?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,564 Founders Club
    It will happen in the next two years and I'll doog it up big time.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    We took a knee on the ten yard line the last game. Ducks assume they are going to beat the Huskies. It will be a shock when you beat us again. Not sure how this happened but damn, a storied program has gone to shit.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    edited March 2014
    haie said:

I'm not sure "not taking it seriously" was the problem. I'm pretty sure everyone took it seriously, and I'm pretty sure there was not a communication problem about how everyone here feels about Oregon. Dude brah is what he is, but he's not that stupid.

The problem was that emotion and hype and talk get you through the first 3 series, then reality sets in.

And reality, since Oregon has owned our assholes during Dude brah's era, has been along the line of scrimmage. Anybody who thought we were really ever in the game either of the last two in Husky stadium really needs to take a class on watching football.

The truth about last season is that Oregon got incrementally more and more sloppy as the season wore on. Helfrich has to answer for that. By the time they got to the Civil War, they had packed it in and were a mess.

To be honest, I was surprised that they didn't shit the field against Texas, too, and make that closer than it was. Turned out that Texas was really as a bad as everyone said they were.

Oregon also just kinda shut down after Stanford. I don't put much stock either way in anything that happened to them after that. It's just not that telling in my opinion.

But the overall point here is a decent one: how Washington plays Oregon going forward will say a lot about the new guy. Of course, we'll never know how he would have played against Kelly's Oregon, but that's not relevant.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

haie said:

huh?
    Petersen >>>>> Helf

Think UW will win at Autzen next year? Your D loses some people, right?

I honestly don't follow your roster that closely. I'm assuming Barner and that bitch Huff are gone as well?
    You weren't kidding about not following the roster.

Barner graduated last year. He was not on the roster this season. The running backs were Marshall, Tyner and Mamba. Tyner will be a beast next season. Marshall is solid too. They have talent in the backfield, and ekpre-olomu decided to return at corner.

Like you, though, I only know the big names. I can't run through the roster and tell you, for example, who's back on their o line or their D line rotation.