Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cornhuskers keeping Frost

AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,467
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Insane. He gets more tim!

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,819
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They actually are making incremental progress. Problem with not firing him is that they could win 8 or so next year and then are stuck with Frost for at least another year.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979

They actually are making incremental progress. Problem with not firing him is that they could win 8 or so next year and then are stuck with Frost for at least another year.

Is this a whoosh?

He has gone 3-6, 3-6, 3-5 and now 1-6 in conference and was just retained.

I thought he’d be good for them when hired but they have been absolutely awful in what is a pretty weak division.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is this a whoosh?

He has gone 3-6, 3-6, 3-5 and now 1-6 in conference and was just retained.

I thought he’d be good for them when hired but they have been absolutely awful in what is a pretty weak division.
    It’s not. A lot of close losses this year and when I watch, they look to have some good players. I didn’t notice that the previous couple of years. They are losers tho and program morale seems very low.

Obviously Frost isn’t a great coach, but I don’t think he’s abysmal either. He was a grand slam hire for them that hasn’t worked out and it’s ugly all the way around.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They should probably fire him. He’s not leading them to the top. I do think he could win 8+ next year and after how bad they have been, I bet that gets him another year or two.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Isn't this the same guy who said you can't recruit 5* talent to Eugene? The Scandy (no offense @NorwegianHusky ) has limitations.
  • Options

They must be getting Stockholm Syndrome or some other mass disorder in Lincoln. Some people say that Lincoln is like an isolated college town, but it's a quick drive from Omaha, I found out. The museum in the stadium grounds is impressive. It's amazing they've taken the Frost era this far even, let alone extending it. Never hire an alum or an assistant with little or sketchy head coaching experience. It just doesn't work most of the time (Frost and Lake I give you).
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2021
    I think this is more of a Nebraska problem than a Scott Frost problem. They don't have the best facilities, their stadium is outdated, and Lincoln Nebraska isn't a destination city. All Nebraska has is tradition, and that tradition is getting less and less relevant with each mediocre season. Tom Osbourne isn't walking through those doors anymore. College football has changed, and unfortunately, it has left Nebraska behind.
  • Options

I think this is more of a Nebraska problem than a Scott Frost problem. They don't have the best facilities, their stadium is outdated, and Lincoln Nebraska isn't a destination city. All Nebraska has is tradition, and that tradition is getting less and less relevant with each mediocre season. Tom Osbourne isn't walking through those doors anymore. College football has changed, and unfortunately, it has left Nebraska behind.

well, none of the college towns in the Big-10 is a destination city. I was actually surprised how close Lincoln is to Omaha. It's not like Bellevue to Montlake but about like Mount Vernon to Montlake.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,234
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

But Oklahoma

Frost needs to do what Dr Tom finally had to do. Cheat
  • Options
    Maybe Madison WI is a "destination city"
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979

You must really like frost. The stadium is not a reason their losing. They pick it and it’s a better atmosphere than most anywhere else.

Every time I watch Nebraska they kind of suck on offense and blow coverages or assignments on defense.
  • Options

Neither is dead center in the middle of Pennsylvania ... Happy whatever. Norman Oklahoma. Most of the Big 10. Most of the Big 12. Much of the SEC.

Surprised to see this coming from a Duck. The "middle of nowhere" is an old Auburndawg Doog staple. There was a time when Nebraska was pulling the best talent out of LA to come play in Lincoln. It was what it is now back then.

• Options

Neither is dead center in the middle of Pennsylvania ... Happy whatever. Norman Oklahoma. Most of the Big 10. Most of the Big 12. Much of the SEC.

Surprised to see this coming from a Duck. The "middle of nowhere" is an old Auburndawg Doog staple. There was a time when Nebraska was pulling the best talent out of LA to come play in Lincoln. It was what it is now back then.

Omaha is a big city
  • Options
    AOG said:

Omaha is a big city
    When nowhere is Mt. Vernon-to-Montlake away from kind of somewhere, nowhere is still nowhere. Otherwise, I'll have to rethink if Aberdeen is really a nowhere.
  • Options

AOG said:

Omaha is a big city
    When nowhere is Mt. Vernon-to-Montlake away from kind of somewhere, nowhere is still nowhere. Otherwise, I'll have to rethink if Aberdeen is really a nowhere.
    I used to think of Lincoln as the middle of nowhere, just literally like a football field in cornfields like the Wizard of Oz, but it's an easy coast to Omaha. I drove cross country. I saw a lot of nowhere. A LOT. Lincoln isn't nowhere.
  • Options
    AOG said:

AOG said:

Omaha is a big city
    I used to think of Lincoln as the middle of nowhere, just literally like a football field in cornfields like the Wizard of Oz, but it's an easy coast to Omaha. I drove cross country. I saw a lot of nowhere. A LOT. Lincoln isn't nowhere.
    Have just enough interest in this for one more post and then out: we should define what we're talking about.

There's Forks "nowhere" and there's Norman, Oklahoma or Happy Valley nowhere. Neither of the latter are tiny little towns out on the prairie or whatever. They're all going to be bigger and less isolated than, say, Walla Walla.

But when Auburndoog is lauding UW's locale in a big and vibrant city where shit's going on, he's also saying these other places suck by comparison and thus are recruiting disadvantages by comparison.

My point is that NGAF if the program is a winner. There aren't many other reasons for a kid in LA with options to find himself in Lincoln other than to play for Big Red. And when they had it rolling, it wasn't a problem.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,819
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    At this point Pellini looks good to them.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,566
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They fired Pelini for winning nine games a year. Ten years later Frost might, if the stars align, he might get them to eight or nine wins. Nebraska is (almost) back (to nine wins)!
  • Options

They fired Pelini for winning nine games a year. Ten years later Frost might, if the stars align, he might get them to eight or nine wins. Nebraska is (almost) back (to nine wins)!

It's stupid to hire alums or present assistants. It almost guarantees failure.