Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen has the easiest decision of her life

The sideline slap is her get out of jail free card.

I dont care if your high school coach did worse or you think the players today are pussies compared to back in your day. Thats not the fucking issue.

She should be meeting with Jimmy this morning with a simple message "you're done here. We can't defend these kind of actions so you have 2 choices. I can fire you with cause or you can resign, effective immediately and we can give you a small buyout."

Make Junior, Harris, or Malloe the interim and that's that.

Of course the problem is that Jen hires the next coach but it's obvious Jimmy is a sinking ship so use this to at least get rid of him.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,635
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The sideline slap is her get out of jail free card.

I dont care if your high school coach did worse or you think the players today are pussies compared to back in your day. Thats not the fucking issue.

She should be meeting with Jimmy this morning with a simple message "you're done here. We can't defend these kind of actions so you have 2 choices. I can fire you with cause or you can resign, effective immediately and we can give you a small buyout."

Make Junior, Harris, or Malloe the interim and that's that.

Of course the problem is that Jen hires the next coach but it's obvious Jimmy is a sinking ship so use this to at least get rid of him.

I stil don't think they're going to fire him for at least another year. But if so, what are the odds Jen hires a competent replacement? One in five chance?
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    i doubt even dogman is this pathetic right now. this is embarrassing
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited November 2021
    You guys hate me, but I think Pete is her ticket out of this mess. He’s clearly involved and feels responsible to the kids he recruited. I see a situation were he and Tedford who doesn’t want to be head man coming back for one last stand. The way Cal is looking you might have Wilcox as defensive coordinator.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

Would you fire Chris Petersen for that same shove?

Let’s be real. Lake should be fired for his coaching performance, not for this little sideline dustup.

He's not getting fired for his coaching because of his buyout and because it looks bad firing an African American coach after one underperforming year. As trivial as it is, a door has opened to get rid of him now.
    Now you’ve gone and said the quiet part out loud.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited November 2021

You guys hate me, but I think Pete is her ticket out of this mess. He’s clearly involved and feels responsible to the kids he recruited. I see a situation were he and Tedford who doesn’t want to be head man coming back for one last stand. The way Cal is looking you might have Wilcox as defensive coordinator.

I don't hate you but Petersen isn't the answer

Rose Bowl losing quitting motherfucker

We can do better
    We? Haven’t since Don James. You are older than I am. We don’t have much time left . I’m still not convinced Lake was the issue with Pete, given Coach K’s rapid departure to work for a coach who maybe worse than Lake
  • Options
    ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021

TTJ said:

Let’s be real. Lake should be fired for his coaching performance, not for this little sideline dustup.

He's not getting fired for his coaching because of his buyout and because it looks bad firing an African American coach after one underperforming year. As trivial as it is, a door has opened to get rid of him now.
    Incompetence is incompetence and at this point he has demonstrated 100%, he is incompetent!
  • Options
    ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

ReignMan said:

TTJ said:

Incompetence is incompetence and at this point he has demonstrated 100%, he is incompetent!
    The astonishing juxtaposition is the arrogance mixed with incompetence.
    inexperienced, arrogant and stubborn, a true triple threat.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,371
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I mean Bob Ernst got fired and there was no video of him striking his athletes.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,281
    edited November 2021
    TTJ said:

Sure.gif.

But if the incompetent fuck opens the door, drive a fucking Mack truck through it.

And then prayingdoog.gif that the AD gets caught fondling a recruit or some such nonsense to broom her next.