Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Will history repeat itself?

Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992
edited November 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Babs gave Gilby 2004

Turner gave Ty 2008

Will Jenny give Jimmy 2022?

And if she does, how many conference games do we win next season with a roster picked clean via the transfer portal and replenished with the nation's 94th-best recruiting class?

Two?

One?

Zero like both Gilbertson in 2004 and Willingham in 2008?

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,346 Swaye's Wigwam
    Think Jimmy guaranteed himself 2022 with the Stanford win. I think he actually gets to 6-6 now. Remember 6-6 got Lambright fired? Oh how far expectations have fallen.

I would hate keeping Jimmy after 4-7 wins a lot less if recruiting was going well.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Wazzu and CU to get 6. What a year!
  • Think Jimmy guaranteed himself 2022 with the Stanford win. I think he actually gets to 6-6 now. Remember 6-6 got Lambright fired? Oh how far expectations have fallen.

I would hate keeping Jimmy after 4-7 wins a lot less if recruiting was going well.

Lambo got 6 years

Gilby is the only coach here to get fired after 2 years and he went 1-11. Cherberg might have been fired after 2 years but even I wasn't born yet

Jimmy has coached 12 games. People wanted him fired after 5. All that did was give Jen and the gang ammunition to ignore us? because we are mean and purple
    Wonder what Jenny says if Sam and Damon walk in to her office after the Apple Cup to tell her Sam is entering the transfer portal?

Does she double down on keeping Lake or does she find a new coach to try to keep the 5-star legacy QB from leaving on her watch?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club

Think Jimmy guaranteed himself 2022 with the Stanford win. I think he actually gets to 6-6 now. Remember 6-6 got Lambright fired? Oh how far expectations have fallen.

Lambo got 6 years

Gilby is the only coach here to get fired after 2 years and he went 1-11. Cherberg might have been fired after 2 years but even I wasn't born yet

Jimmy has coached 12 games. People wanted him fired after 5. All that did was give Jen and the gang ammunition to ignore us? because we are mean and purple
    Wonder what Jenny says if Sam and Damon walk in to her office after the Apple Cup to tell her Sam is entering the transfer portal?

Does she double down on keeping Lake or does she find a new coach to try to keep the 5-star legacy QB from leaving on her watch?

She might say - Sam couldn't beat out the worse quarterback that Race Bannon has ever seen. Enjoy FCS ball

I'll admit I was doogish enough at the time I thought Gilby deserved the second year. I also think Neuheisel would have went 6-6 or something in 2003 and hopefully got fired or left for a lateral job. Again, different expectations and Gilby's abortion of a season in 2004 really started the epic lowering of the bar.

In the long list of UW misfortune, having to fire Neuheisel in the Spring for something totally harmless doesn't come up enough.

Agree except never really expected much from Gilby after Cal

In the long list of UW misfortune, having to fire Neuheisel in the Spring for something totally harmless doesn't come up enough.

What comes even up less perhaps is how criminally awful Gilbertson was in those two seasons as "Head Coach"

He was the loser who drove the program into the ditch and yet he gets a semi-free pass into the Husky history books because of his contributions to the 1991 team.

The guy should've been ground up and fed to the homeless camps on The Ave after that disaster
    Gilby is the opposite of following a legend

He was followed by Owen12 and erased from memory

He really was a great line coach but he was hired by Cal as head coach after 91 and failed there. Remember that Cal was pretty good in the early 90's. Gave our DAWGS a run in 91

Gilby was the head coach in 93 when Damon Huard led a 4th quarter comeback.

Gilby was also on Rick's Rose Bowl staff

He was the human Peter Principle
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy's getting 2022. Maybe staff changes on offense but the offensive scheme isn't changing much.

He will sell all the younger players on playing time and wave goodbye to the upperclassmen who sucked this year.

Will try and fill in depth via the portal.

I'll admit I was doogish enough at the time I thought Gilby deserved the second year. I also think Neuheisel would have went 6-6 or something in 2003 and hopefully got fired or left for a lateral job. Again, different expectations and Gilby's abortion of a season in 2004 really started the epic lowering of the bar.

By the way the firing of Rick opened the huge crack in the foundation of Dawgman.com. Dissent exploded and the little general started his reign of terror
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Conference Schedule Next Year

Home: Oregon St, Stanford, Arizona, Colorado

Away: Wazzu, Oregon, Cal, UCLA, and ASU

The conference is full of dreck

Those home games should be layups
  • Tequilla said:

Montana was scheduled to be a layup.

Now we're all coming up with reasons why the coach who lost to Montana will keep his job if he can get 6 wins only to miss more layups next year.

Tequilla said:

Now we're all coming up with reasons why the coach who lost to Montana will keep his job if he can get 6 wins only to miss more layups next year.
    I think there are like 2 people here who don't want Jimmy fired and I am one of them and I wouldn't cry if they did. Unless he beats Oregon and wins the North

Tequilla said:

I think there are like 2 people here who don't want Jimmy fired and I am one of them and I wouldn't cry if they did. Unless he beats Oregon and wins the North
    If Jimmy somehow drecks his way to a win like last Saturday, puts away a quitting ASU, shit Colorado team on the road, and usual Apple Cup win,

he will have put together one of the best division winning seasons at UW ever while taking some games Pete almost never took.

Then completes it with another ugly win over 2% in the conference championship?

Montana can brag all they want, wgaf. That would be amazing and I'd give him the another 2-3 seasons.
    Tequilla said:

Good god that is a terrible home slate. At least what could be a very overrated but beatable Michigan State team is coming to town, right?
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

If Jimmy somehow drecks his way to a win like last Saturday, puts away a quitting ASU, shit Colorado team on the road, and usual Apple Cup win,

he will have put together one of the best division winning seasons at UW ever while taking some games Pete almost never took.

Montana can brag all they want, wgaf. That would be amazing and I'd give him the another 2-3 seasons.
    What if Jimmy flips the Petersen script and wins the division games Petersen never could (Cal, Stanford, Oregon), but loses the division games Petersen won in his sleep (Beav & Coug)?

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What if Jimmy flips the Petersen script and wins the division games Petersen never could (Cal, Stanford, Oregon), but loses the division games Petersen won in his sleep (Beav & Coug)?
    Can't bring myself to fathom a loss to this cuog team. DeLaura and the sqwad are a bad matchup against some teams but his rainbow throws are going to get picked off too many tims.

Like always, we get them at the end of the season after our idiot coaches have figured out who should have started the whole year but didn't start til Stanford.

But yeah it means something to me that Jimmy got these wins that tortured us for years.

Tequilla said:

Good god that is a terrible home slate. At least what could be a very overrated but beatable Michigan State team is coming to town, right?
    I remember wondering why someone would hire the Colorado coach away. Then covid and MSU didn't do much. Watched them Saturday and Mel has the squad playing great.

They run the damn ball quite well

• Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992
    edited November 2021
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tell me you don't give a shit about recruiting without saying you don't give a shit about recruiting

If Lake wins the weakest Pac-12 of all time, then he should get 2022 but no extension.

If he doesn't like it, let some other AD or NFL general manager have him