Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dumbest fucking quote ever

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The one thing that is clear is that uw fans seem to be as sensitive as Oregon fans if you talk academic smack. Academics is not real life like football. Not a good look.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At Olympia High academis were important unlike the rubes at Tumwater High
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Not sure why everyone is wigging about this statement. It throws shade on Oregon's shitty academics - which you should be doing.

We are fourth in the conference for academics. UCLA, U$C, Cal, and Stanford are all ranked higher. Don’t play the “academics” bullshit if we aren’t even top three. I’m a UW alum and smh at the amount of doogs in this thread. UW is great academically but no one bats an eye outside the northwest.

We're (?) 4th, but there are 4 schools ranked higher?
    Who's doing these rankings? I've tangled with plenty of alumni from all these schools, and here's my findings.

Berkley is shit and has been coasting on it's inflated rep for decades. Same story with USC.

Stanford>>>UW not because of the school, but because of the students they attract and enroll.

Academically UCLA and UW are basically a toss-up, but I'd give UW the nod because the majority of Californians are unparalleled woke dumb-fucks who vote for pure diaper gravy politicians, repeatedly.
    Yeah you lost me at UCLA and UW being the same. UW acceptance is 53%, UCLA is 12%. Absolute Doog take. We are a fantastic school, let’s just leave it at that and not look like retards by going any further.
    Gee, I wonder if the sunny weather and Westwood has anything to do with it.

Nah. I'm sure it's all academis.

UW law school accepts a lower percentage than Harvard. Must mean Harvard Law is worse than UWL.
    A 20 second google search on each school’s respective site says otherwise. Either you are a duck troll or really just that retarded.
    Judging a school's efficacy and quality solely by it's acceptance rate is retarded. Doing business with graduates of each institution is a much better metric.

But carry on with Google and Newsweek rankings, chump.
    Take a look at average test scores, average post grad income, recruiting programs with big firms etc. then.

But I’m sure you’re anecdotal evidence is super scientific. UW is a great school. And if you want to live in Seattle and work for Microsoft or Amazon there’s no where better on earth.

But it’s not comparable to those four, especially when you get outside the NW.
    You make the same mistake parents of college dropouts make. You're unwittingly judging a school primarily by the caliber of the student who attends it, not by what the actual quality and rigor of the school is. Test scores don't mean shit anymore and most state institutions in the liberal progressive west are removing them from the application process. Prep courses and grade inflation have ruined the application process anyway.

If you're gonna tell me UCLA is a "better" institution, I'll introduce you to several cocktail waitresses who graduated from there. USC has a fail-proof alumni association that rivals Notre Dame for nationwide hookups for it's fuck-ups who can't earn their way into a good job. I'll introduce you to the USC film school grad who paints houses for a living and the twice bankrupt, former produce guy and USC alum I worked with who made a fortune in the old 1-900 industry before losing it all. But hey, they both have jobs, so that USC degree is gold-plated.

Stanford is in a class by itself. Cal is a fucking cancer, USC takes care of its homies, and UCLA is about what you'd expect from it's location, on par with UW academically.

Post Grad Income? Look where it's located. Ya think that's a factor that favors it over UW?
    Weirdest shit I’ve ever seen on here.
    Why even have rankings produced from methodical data when you can just ask turd bomber how many cocktail waitresses he knows from each school?
    Stick with Newsweek. It's your speed.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Not sure why everyone is wigging about this statement. It throws shade on Oregon's shitty academics - which you should be doing.

We are fourth in the conference for academics. UCLA, U$C, Cal, and Stanford are all ranked higher. Don’t play the “academics” bullshit if we aren’t even top three. I’m a UW alum and smh at the amount of doogs in this thread. UW is great academically but no one bats an eye outside the northwest.

Who's doing these rankings? I've tangled with plenty of alumni from all these schools, and here's my findings.

Berkley is shit and has been coasting on it's inflated rep for decades. Same story with USC.

Stanford>>>UW not because of the school, but because of the students they attract and enroll.

Academically UCLA and UW are basically a toss-up, but I'd give UW the nod because the majority of Californians are unparalleled woke dumb-fucks who vote for pure diaper gravy politicians, repeatedly.
    Yeah you lost me at UCLA and UW being the same. UW acceptance is 53%, UCLA is 12%. Absolute Doog take. We are a fantastic school, let’s just leave it at that and not look like retards by going any further.

UW law school accepts a lower percentage than Harvard. Must mean Harvard Law is worse than UWL.
    A 20 second google search on each school’s respective site says otherwise. Either you are a duck troll or really just that retarded.
    Judging a school's efficacy and quality solely by it's acceptance rate is retarded. Doing business with graduates of each institution is a much better metric.

Take a look at average test scores, average post grad income, recruiting programs with big firms etc. then.

But I’m sure you’re anecdotal evidence is super scientific. UW is a great school. And if you want to live in Seattle and work for Microsoft or Amazon there’s no where better on earth.

You make the same mistake parents of college dropouts make. You're unwittingly judging a school primarily by the caliber of the student who attends it, not by what the actual quality and rigor of the school is. Test scores don't mean shit anymore and most state institutions in the liberal progressive west are removing them from the application process. Prep courses and grade inflation have ruined the application process anyway.

If you're gonna tell me UCLA is a "better" institution, I'll introduce you to several cocktail waitresses who graduated from there. USC has a fail-proof alumni association that rivals Notre Dame for nationwide hookups for it's fuck-ups who can't earn their way into a good job. I'll introduce you to the USC film school grad who paints houses for a living and the twice bankrupt, former produce guy and USC alum I worked with who made a fortune in the old 1-900 industry before losing it all. But hey, they both have jobs, so that USC degree is gold-plated.

Stanford is in a class by itself. Cal is a fucking cancer, USC takes care of its homies, and UCLA is about what you'd expect from it's location, on par with UW academically.

Post Grad Income? Look where it's located. Ya think that's a factor that favors it over UW?
    Weirdest shit I’ve ever seen on here.
    You must be new here.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

You sound poor as fuck. Get some more successful friends.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

You said you’re………..
    ntxduck said:

You said you’re………

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,349
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    DucksFC said:
    Jimmy playing 4D chess.

He's from EWU, so of course he's going to show his lack of academically prowess
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

DucksFC said:
    Jimmy playing 4D chess.

He's from EWU, so of course he's going to show his lack of academically prowess
    Went to school with Vernon Adams
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DucksFC said:
    I've got 3 letters for you, "jobs". Joey from Scranton.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    A schooner is a sailboat. Also, nobody gaf about beating UW anymore.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

A schooner is a sailboat. Also, nobody gaf about beating UW anymore.

Then why post here at all?
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    ntxduck said:

Gonna be a bunch to add to this thread tonight
    Jimmy needs to stop fucking dealing in hypotheticals.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited November 2021
    Can't wait for "We were just 2 or 3 plays away from beating the #4 team in the country."
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

Gonna be a bunch to add to this thread tonight
    This is setting up blaming jondon. Don’t know if that will work or not but it’s shifting the blame trying to save his job.