Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dumbest fucking quote ever

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Not sure why everyone is wigging about this statement. It throws shade on Oregon's shitty academics - which you should be doing.

We are fourth in the conference for academics. UCLA, U$C, Cal, and Stanford are all ranked higher. Don’t play the “academics” bullshit if we aren’t even top three. I’m a UW alum and smh at the amount of doogs in this thread. UW is great academically but no one bats an eye outside the northwest.

We're (?) 4th, but there are 4 schools ranked higher?
    Who's doing these rankings? I've tangled with plenty of alumni from all these schools, and here's my findings.

Berkley is shit and has been coasting on it's inflated rep for decades. Same story with USC.

Stanford>>>UW not because of the school, but because of the students they attract and enroll.

Academically UCLA and UW are basically a toss-up, but I'd give UW the nod because the majority of Californians are unparalleled woke dumb-fucks who vote for pure diaper gravy politicians, repeatedly.
    Look Jimmy, it worked!
    Duck Take. Indistinguishable from CWU or Western.
    What does “ Indistinguishable” mean?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,331
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Question for you older fans, didn't Don James talk smack about Michigan players that couldn't read?

I don't mind Jimmy talking smack, what I mind is losing. If we win Sat, Jimmy can talk all the smack he wants.

We're not so different after all
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,894
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

If you step outside this bubble here a lot of fans like academic smack talk

I get it. Winning with convicts is better than losing with scholars. Never a doubt about that

But if Jimmy can shit talk and WIN then fine

He knows if we? lose he's fucked anyway

Might as well sit back and enjoy the rape this Saturday

An unlikely win and things could change. All the time. Ups and downs

He is not getting fired so let's BONEM
    Jimmy went all in. He'll be dunking even harder if UW wins and they'll be dunking harder if duck does
    Less than 24 hours later and he’s got you all on the line. Can of corn and a hook.

I’m watching this board die right in front of mine eyes.
    Fuck you seaver. “All” is an inaccurate statement as 81% of this bored has been dead for years.

All I’m hoping for come game day is pics of cristoballz wife and jakes mom.
    Together???!!!
    You make that happen and I’ll post dic pics
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    MontlakeDonMontlakeDon Member Posts: 52
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not sure why everyone is wigging about this statement. It throws shade on Oregon's shitty academics - which you should be doing.

We are fourth in the conference for academics. UCLA, U$C, Cal, and Stanford are all ranked higher. Don’t play the “academics” bullshit if we aren’t even top three. I’m a UW alum and smh at the amount of doogs in this thread. UW is great academically but no one bats an eye outside the northwest.

Who's doing these rankings? I've tangled with plenty of alumni from all these schools, and here's my findings.

Berkley is shit and has been coasting on it's inflated rep for decades. Same story with USC.

Stanford>>>UW not because of the school, but because of the students they attract and enroll.

Academically UCLA and UW are basically a toss-up, but I'd give UW the nod because the majority of Californians are unparalleled woke dumb-fucks who vote for pure diaper gravy politicians, repeatedly.
    Yeah you lost me at UCLA and UW being the same. UW acceptance is 53%, UCLA is 12%. Absolute Doog take. We are a fantastic school, let’s just leave it at that and not look like retards by going any further.
    Gee, I wonder if the sunny weather and Westwood has anything to do with it.

Nah. I'm sure it's all academis.

UW law school accepts a lower percentage than Harvard. Must mean Harvard Law is worse than UWL.
    A 20 second google search on each school’s respective site says otherwise. Either you are a duck troll or really just that retarded.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Yeah you lost me at UCLA and UW being the same. UW acceptance is 53%, UCLA is 12%. Absolute Doog take. We are a fantastic school, let’s just leave it at that and not look like retards by going any further.

UW law school accepts a lower percentage than Harvard. Must mean Harvard Law is worse than UWL.
    A 20 second google search on each school’s respective site says otherwise. Either you are a duck troll or really just that retarded.
    He meant Princeton.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I didn’t come here to watch them play the psat
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Lake’s quote is embarrassing

Sports Writers acting like they are offended make me want to vomit

The signs-tshirts that Duckies will wear on Saturday will be the worst of all of it though

I thought the sports writers were kind of bizarre too

But you take Nike money 💰 you write what you're told

Allegedly

This is bad if UW loses but losing itself is as bad as it gets

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

The signs-tshirts that Duckies will wear on Saturday will be the worst of all of it though

Allegedly

My dad had a shirt years ago. …damnit I couldn’t find it when he passed

Front….We’re not snobs (the W was Helmet W)

Back. We’re just better than you

this weekend would be perfect for that shirt
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

HuskyJW said:

Allegedly

You think…Brian Fischer is being paid by Nike? Lol
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who is Brian Fischer?

Does he post here?
  • Options

Who is Brian Fischer?

Does he post here?

One of the sports writers shitting on jimmy
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Who is Brian Fischer?

Does he post here?

One of the sports writers shitting on jimmy
    I can hardly keep track of all of them

Plus like allegedly and stuff
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Judging a school's efficacy and quality solely by it's acceptance rate is retarded. Doing business with graduates of each institution is a much better metric.

But carry on with Google and Newsweek rankings, chump.
  • Options

Judging a school's efficacy and quality solely by it's acceptance rate is retarded. Doing business with graduates of each institution is a much better metric.

Take a look at average test scores, average post grad income, recruiting programs with big firms etc. then.

But I’m sure you’re anecdotal evidence is super scientific. UW is a great school. And if you want to live in Seattle and work for Microsoft or Amazon there’s no where better on earth.

But it’s not comparable to those four, especially when you get outside the NW.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Take a look at average test scores, average post grad income, recruiting programs with big firms etc. then.

But I’m sure you’re anecdotal evidence is super scientific. UW is a great school. And if you want to live in Seattle and work for Microsoft or Amazon there’s no where better on earth.

You make the same mistake parents of college dropouts make. You're unwittingly judging a school primarily by the caliber of the student who attends it, not by what the actual quality and rigor of the school is. Test scores don't mean shit anymore and most state institutions in the liberal progressive west are removing them from the application process. Prep courses and grade inflation have ruined the application process anyway.

If you're gonna tell me UCLA is a "better" institution, I'll introduce you to several cocktail waitresses who graduated from there. USC has a fail-proof alumni association that rivals Notre Dame for nationwide hookups for it's fuck-ups who can't earn their way into a good job. I'll introduce you to the USC film school grad who paints houses for a living and the twice bankrupt, former produce guy and USC alum I worked with who made a fortune in the old 1-900 industry before losing it all. But hey, they both have jobs, so that USC degree is gold-plated.

Stanford is in a class by itself. Cal is a fucking cancer, USC takes care of its homies, and UCLA is about what you'd expect from it's location, on par with UW academically.

Post Grad Income? Look where it's located. Ya think that's a factor that favors it over UW?
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

You make the same mistake parents of college dropouts make. You're unwittingly judging a school primarily by the caliber of the student who attends it, not by what the actual quality and rigor of the school is. Test scores don't mean shit anymore and most state institutions in the liberal progressive west are removing them from the application process. Prep courses and grade inflation have ruined the application process anyway.

If you're gonna tell me UCLA is a "better" institution, I'll introduce you to several cocktail waitresses who graduated from there. USC has a fail-proof alumni association that rivals Notre Dame for nationwide hookups for it's fuck-ups who can't earn their way into a good job. I'll introduce you to the USC film school grad who paints houses for a living and the twice bankrupt, former produce guy and USC alum I worked with who made a fortune in the old 1-900 industry before losing it all. But hey, they both have jobs, so that USC degree is gold-plated.

Stanford is in a class by itself. Cal is a fucking cancer, USC takes care of its homies, and UCLA is about what you'd expect from it's location, on par with UW academically.

Post Grad Income? Look where it's located. Ya think that's a factor that favors it over UW?
    Weirdest shit I’ve ever seen on here.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,894
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

Weirdest shit I’ve ever seen on here.
    Of everything that’s been posted this hits your number one weirdest shit post…