Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Speculating About the Rest of The Season

2»

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

..."the most popular guy on a losing team is always the backup QB" - @RaceBannon ~79AD

Loves me some New Testament Race.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm so glad Donovan is old and white
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OreDawg said:

I’m keeping Malloe and Junior. Everyone else can go.

I'm not keeping anyone on defense. Every unit has been a mess and underperformed aside from the outside corners and the recruiting on that side was disastrous before UW sank to the lower middle of the Pac.

It's hard for me to feel good about anyone on either side of the ball, though Adams' and boner's guys are performing now.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If Lake manages to go 2-2 or even pulls a 3-1 finish out of the hat, a better OC should be willing to jump to UW for a 2 year or 3 year contract. We(?) need a much better play-caller and much better QB coach / recruiter.

Canning JonDon and hiring a very good / well-rounded OC would be well worth it. Hire one of the Oklahoma OCs and pay him $1.3 to $1.5 million so that the WRs stay, Huard stays, he can help nab Josh Conerly from Beach, and he gets to work on the 2023 class ASAP.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    chuck said:

OreDawg said:

I'm not keeping anyone on defense. Every unit has been a mess and underperformed aside from the outside corners and the recruiting on that side was disastrous before UW sank to the lower middle of the Pac.

It's hard for me to feel good about anyone on either side of the ball, though Adams' and boner's guys are performing now.
    Boner is still dogshit. From what I understand he's the chief decision maker of rotating backs in and out, and that's been nothing short of a disaster ever since Gaskin left.

Junior is the only one who seems to be worth a shit, and that's with half of the balls being uncatchable.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

OreDawg said:

Boner is still dogshit. From what I understand he's the chief decision maker of rotating backs in and out, and that's been nothing short of a disaster ever since Gaskin left.

Junior is the only one who seems to be worth a shit, and that's with half of the balls being uncatchable.
    Agreed.

My concern is that the UW defense is severely flawed and has grown soft as fuck. Yet the numbers leave enough wiggle room that people are still claiming it's a good defense.

If they completely overhaul the offensive side,, but Gregory, Rowan, and Harris still have jobs, I'm out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

OreDawg said:

Agreed.

My concern is that the UW defense is severely flawed and has grown soft as fuck. Yet the numbers leave enough wiggle room that people are still claiming it's a good defense.

If they completely overhaul the offensive side,, but Gregory, Rowan, and Harris still have jobs, I'm out.
    The other simple fix is to not play the guys that don’t tackle. You gotta run Turner. It’s as simple as that. It’s cancerous to the team.

I think Voi will end up better than any DT on the roster. The other DT’s are shitty. Bruener will be good and Sirmon has to sit next year when Eddy is healthy.

If we don’t get gashed on the ground against Oregon, I think we win. We probably will, but still.
    The DT play is an indictment of the coaching and nothing more. They are six deep in prospects ranging from high 3* to high 4*. No excuses. Booing the kids is retarded in this specific instance.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The DTs played better @ Stanford. Tuli Letuligasenoa and Faatui Tuitele will need to ball out for UW to beat Oregon and hopefully Sam Taimani is fully healthy after missing the Arizona game.

Where I'm not seeing improvement is the overall offense and the punt return game (and special teams in general).

More to the point, I think the punt returners are averaging something like 2 yards per return while opponents are averaging 11. A 9 yard difference on punt returns and about a 5 yard difference on kick returns adds up to a decent amount of yardage / field position per game.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

The DTs played better @ Stanford. Tuli Letuligasenoa and Faatui Tuitele will need to ball out for UW to beat Oregon and hopefully Sam Taimani is fully healthy after missing the Arizona game.

Where I'm not seeing improvement is the overall offense and the punt return game (and special teams in general).

More to the point, I think the punt returners are averaging something like 2 yards per return while opponents are averaging 11. A 9 yard difference on punt returns and about a 5 yard difference on kick returns adds up to a decent amount of yardage / field position per game.

If the coverage team all lined up to keep Giles Jackson away from the sideline, he'd juke his way past them to get to it anyways rather than going upfield.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tuitele stood out. If you wear 90 you better

Ron Holmes

Stan Empterman
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Ron Holmes

Stan Empterman

*Tunuufi

Tuitele is 99
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

OreDawg said:

Agreed.

The other simple fix is to not play the guys that don’t tackle. You gotta run Turner. It’s as simple as that. It’s cancerous to the team.

I think Voi will end up better than any DT on the roster. The other DT’s are shitty. Bruener will be good and Sirmon has to sit next year when Eddy is healthy.

If we don’t get gashed on the ground against Oregon, I think we win. We probably will, but still.
    The DT play is an indictment of the coaching and nothing more. They are six deep in prospects ranging from high 3* to high 4*. No excuses. Booing the kids is retarded in this specific instance.
    They have never been good tho. Tuli is above average. Tuitele has had a few plays. Bandes is absolutely horrible so far. Taki is very average. Tuitele and Bandes were highly rated guys that the blue bloods didn’t want.

I agree that many coaches should go. We need some guys that can recruit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Ron Holmes

Stan Empterman

*Tunuufi

Tuitele is 99
    Thanks
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Ron Holmes

Stan Empterman

*Tunuufi

Tuitele is 99
    99 stands out at times too. He gets washed out of plays though. Bandes is showing improvement. Guys are getting better with reps because they aren't getting better in the offseason and fall camp. It's all over the field.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,001
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm so glad Donovan is old and white

He falls into a lot of the “privileged” buckets I was warned about.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Ron Holmes

Stan Empterman

*Tunuufi

Tuitele is 99
    99 stands out at times too. He gets washed out of plays though. Bandes is showing improvement. Guys are getting better with reps because they aren't getting better in the offseason and fall camp. It's all over the field.
    I noticed Bandes for the first time last game. I wanted him as a Duck fan because of his short-area quickness. Some of the diehard recruitniks weren’t as high on his rankings though. They said he wasn’t better than Ware-Hudson, which so far seems about right.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If we are speculating

Let's go south and get a real football coach should the need arise