Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shaw takes the L for good of rest of Pac-12 North

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
Thank you David for trying to throw it on 3rd down with 3 minutes left in the game.

He helps Lake save his Job, and Shaw is in no risk of losing his unless he chooses to leave on his own.

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    Shaw could have used a mix of throws over the middle, play action, runs out of spread formations, and misdirection shit and marched up and down the field all day. He just refuses to go away from his idea of mixing up formations and running that stupid jumbo package out there so the defense sees it coming. He sucks ass as a play caller. Always has.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Thank you David for trying to throw it on 3rd down with 3 minutes left in the game.

He helps Lake save his Job, and Shaw is in no risk of losing his unless he chooses to leave on his own.

🗡️
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,974 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Shaw could have used a mix of throws over the middle, play action, runs out of spread formations, and misdirection shit and marched up and down the field all day. He just refuses to go away from his idea of mixing up formations and running that stupid jumbo package out there so the defense sees it coming. He sucks ass as a play caller. Always has.

True, but the last decade suggests UW would do nothing to stop his A gap runs
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,643 Founders Club
    godawgst said:

Jimmy was in no risk of losing his job.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    To beat Shaw you have to out ugly him and beat him at his own game

We? did
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    Imagine coming out of a bye and reaching the end zone one time vs lake and his defense.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club

godawgst said:

If there was any chance he was, after last night that's off the table.

Thru 12 games, the rest of the Pac-12 North wants JL on the sidelines at UW as long as possible
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,200 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

godawgst said:

If there was any chance he was, after last night that's off the table.

Thru 12 games, the rest of the Pac-12 North wants JL on the sidelines at UW as long as possible
    I know this is the narrative the AD wants out there -- that Jimmy is coming back, regardless.

But I just don't believe it. He did a lot to save his job yesterday, unfortunately. But I think if he loses out and goes 4-8, which is a possibility (even though this conference is embarrassingly bad top to bottom), he gets fired.

If he can sneak out one more win and get to 5-7, then I think he survives and the gutting of the program continues.

But Oregon, who is mediocre, is still going to blow us out (take all the screenshots you need). So the margin of defeat next week may be the killshot. + An apple cup loss.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,621
    Shaw also had a boneheaded timeout with about 1 1/2 mins to play and the Huskies had no time outs left. I turned to one of my dads and said, "WTF is he doing? Even JonDon should be able to come up with something decent with that extra time."
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Shaw also had a boneheaded timeout with about 1 1/2 mins to play and the Huskies had no time outs left. I turned to one of my dads and said, "WTF is he doing? Even JonDon should be able to come up with something decent with that extra time."

Shaw makes some puzzling decisions for a smug, smirking genius. He called two timeouts last night that did nothing but help UW.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,852 Founders Club
    Shaw knew like everyone else that Stanford was going to win 13 to 12 so he didn't give a fuck

Jimmy lowballed the smug smirk