Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Currently Watching- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

2»

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

(Something needs to replace College Doog's Friday Football Stocks Geopolitical Economic Human Rights Forecast...)

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014
    Not a fan do ROTLA (I like it call it ROTLA). But then, I was also the only kid in school that said Star Wars blew ass . Not a science fiction fan, contrary to the belief that I spend my off hours from Lowes playing D&D and Pokemon.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Not a fan do ROTLA (I like it call it ROTLA. But then, I was also the only kid in school that said Star Wars blew ass . Not a science fiction fan, contrary to the belief that I spend my off hours from Lowes playing D&D and Pokemon.

For a certain generation, childhood ended when one realized what a colossally whiny bitch Luke Skywalker was.
    This. It's funny, because running around at 11 years old or whatever I pretty much thought Luke was a bad ass. By 15 I was like "why is this douche such a faggot?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    This thread really delivered well played guys. Sure beats threads like "Hey my kid got into UW can I get a congrats?"
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Not a fan do ROTLA (I like it call it ROTLA. But then, I was also the only kid in school that said Star Wars blew ass . Not a science fiction fan, contrary to the belief that I spend my off hours from Lowes playing D&D and Pokemon.

For a certain generation, childhood ended when one realized what a colossally whiny bitch Luke Skywalker was.
    This. It's funny, because running around at 11 years old or whatever I pretty much thought Luke was a bad ass. By 15 I was like "why is this douche such a faggot?"
    Would Luke hit it?

Probably not.
    Founders Club
    No, he would whine and shit, then ask Ben for help. Faggot.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

D3 wasn't bad, but D2 when they faced Iceland was better. You can't talk trilogies without mentioning those great cinematic adventures.

People forget we had to face Iceland in the finals.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Would Luke hit it?

Probably not.
    I was sitting in the basement today wishing I had a boner in my sweatpants. Remembered this pic and beelined straight to it. Boner mission accomplished.

Maybe my tattoo fetish is giving way to a nerd fetish or some shit, or my repressed slave suit Leia fantasies are remerging. I don't know what it is, but I would drag my balls through broken glass to bang this bitch. Bravo Zulu.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Raiders of the Lost Ark is a classic, and you should be bit in the balls by a snake in the seat of a floatplane.

The floatplane scene was filmed in Hawaii and Harrison Ford couldn't make the jump/swing on the rope into the river so a Hawaiian lady did the stunt instead. CSB
    Could have used a stunt person here as well

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m just here to pad my stats.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

I've never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies. I bought the trilogy and was excited to watch it. The first one fucking blows. What a pile of shit. How did a sequel ever get made? Just awful.

Perhaps it was a time and a place kind of thing. Movie kicked total ass when it came out. The trilogy is odd in that the 3rd one was the best. That rarely happens.
    Agreed. One can't compare to what you see now, but to what was around then. It was pretty good.

Plus, if you want to talk about blowing, watch the 2nd one.