Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ruling: players are employees

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Don't change what works. The system has its flaws, but it provides us with great college football every year. Prick ass whiny liberal power to the people while I'm sipping my latte in my white ivory tower fucknuts like the cunts that go to Northwestern, must always rabble rouse because they have nothing better to do.

As long as I'm entertained who cares about fixing the system!!!1
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    That sounds sustainable for many of them. Congrats on graduating. Sorry the NFL didn't work out. Pay up!

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Leach says he's looking forward to the draft, now that they're employees and all.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2014

Don't change what works. The system has its flaws, but it provides us with great college football every year. Prick ass whiny liberal power to the people while I'm sipping my latte in my white ivory tower fucknuts like the cunts that go to Northwestern, must always rabble rouse because they have nothing better to do.

Why does the concept of paying people wages commensurate with the money they are brining in make so many people uncomfortable?

The coach at Alabama gets more than the coach at UAB. Because the coach at Alabama brings in more money than the coach at UAB.

College football is not going to break if you pay the players. Just like it has not broken with $6 million dollar coaches and lavish facilities.
    It's already been said before. Are you ready to pay the softball team, the pole vaulters, the hackeysack and ping pong teams, and the chess club members? Think this shit through to its conclusion instead of making a feel good kumbayaa lets all be fucking hippies and live in a commune mistake. Boneheads have been posting this same argument on forums throughout the cuntry and it has contributed to making this idiocy a reality. You watch, college football won't be the same. Do you watch your college baseball team, or the farm team in your city? You don't watch either and don't give a fuck, because they both suck. The farm team will get the losers that aren't playing up to snuff in the MLB, and the colleges will get the losers who aren't good enough to make the farm teams. Add it all up and you get nothing less than a fantastic dreckfest.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why does the concept of paying people wages commensurate with the money they are brining in make so many people uncomfortable?

The coach at Alabama gets more than the coach at UAB. Because the coach at Alabama brings in more money than the coach at UAB.

College football is not going to break if you pay the players. Just like it has not broken with $6 million dollar coaches and lavish facilities.
    It's already been said before. Are you ready to pay the softball team, the pole vaulters, the hackeysack and ping pong teams, and the chess club members? Think this shit through to its conclusion instead of making a feel good kumbayaa lets all be fucking hippies and live in a commune mistake. Boneheads have been posting this same argument on forums throughout the cuntry and it has contributed to making this idiocy a reality. You watch, college football won't be the same. Do you watch your college baseball team, or the farm team in your city? You don't watch either and don't give a fuck, because they both suck. The farm team will get the losers that aren't playing up to snuff in the MLB, and the colleges will get the losers who aren't good enough to make the farm teams. Add it all up and you get nothing less than a fantastic dreckfest.
    I think Ravenna's point is that the chest and ping pong toolbags will get nothing and perish unless they fund their own handjob tournaments, and the women's teams will get very little or nothing unless they fund stuff themselves. Of course this is all under the assumption that they aren't at least paying for themselves in jersey sales/tickets, etc. Isn't/wasn't this the case with hockey? No one gives a fuck about pac12 hockey (lol) so they have to pay for a lot/most of their own shit? We'll be left with football and basketball and baseball will be regionalized. Hmm the 3 major sports get the stay because people actually care about them? Sounds fair and doable to me.

It will not suck in the northwest anyways because you have schools like UW and WSU that just got done remodeling their stadiums and need to put butts in seats.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    College football entertainment is at its zenith. Changing it would be a step down, you know, like going from CK to MH.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

If they're employees then they don't need to be given scholarships, free housing, etc. You don't usually get paid up front to take a job.

No signing bonuses in big money football? Since when?

Yes, pay the players, and you do not need to give them scholarships.

And remove all academic requirements. Also, let the stars negotiate bigger salaries. Why shouldn't Sankey get paid more than Harvigston?
    North Carolina has already done this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/unc-athlete-essay-on-rosa-parks-gets-a-minus-2014-3

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

College football entertainment is at its zenith. Changing it would be a step down, you know, like going from CK to MH.

You say that because Oregon has been on a great run. I think college football sucks compared to the 90's, early 2000's. The NFL passed college football 10 years ago.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You say that because Oregon has been on a great run. I think college football sucks compared to the 90's, early 2000's. The NFL passed college football 10 years ago.

hr, yk

The BCSECization of cfb has not created a superior product.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

hr, yk

The BCSECization of cfb has not created a superior product.
    College football is dead and buried forever under the man boobs of Washington's former coaches.