Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anyone hear Hughes assessment of the sidlines?

2»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

There are no sacred cows on this roster

I know this places loves to have a good laugh at only wanting players that piss purple/gold …

But assuming you have a full staff tear down, there’s a reasonably decent rebuilding job ahead that starts with some significant culture shifts … you don’t need anybody here that isn’t bought in going forward whenever that occurs

This is where the NIL and free agency portal is going to make it hell on teams not at the top.

Do you think top baseball prospects give a shit about whatever AAA team they represent for half a season?

It's about to be SEC and Ohio State over and over again while tier 2(we're trending tier3) programs are in a constant scramble to make a team out of the island of misfit toys.
    Show Me The Money
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021

dnc said:

Hugh hates WRs so take it with a grain of salt.

Fair point, but I think this makes the wr’s look smart. At some point it becomes so bad that they have to look out for themselves. The leadership in the program and athletic dept sure as hell is right now.
    Disagree. It doesn’t help them. Not giving max effort and being soft is pathetic even if your coach sucks.
    I used to think that. And it’s not how I would roll. But these kids will gladly find a soft landing where their new coaches will light them the fuck up the second they think it’s not necessary to give full effort holding the bag or whatever drill it is.

They’re probably not going to any elite school. But the adults in charge are so worried about saving themselves and their own jobs it creates an every man for themselves. It is evident though that these players sure as hell are not leaders.

I would bet Monday a lot of the other coaches look at uw and just say “I have no idea wtf is going on over there.”
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,866 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Fair point, but I think this makes the wr’s look smart. At some point it becomes so bad that they have to look out for themselves. The leadership in the program and athletic dept sure as hell is right now.
    Disagree. It doesn’t help them. Not giving max effort and being soft is pathetic even if your coach sucks.
    I used to think that. And it’s not how I would roll. But these kids will gladly find a soft landing where their new coaches will light them the fuck up the second they think it’s not necessary to give full effort holding the bag or whatever drill it is.

They’re probably not going to any elite school. But the adults in charge are so worried about saving themselves and their own jobs it creates an every man for themselves. It is evident though that these players sure as hell are not leaders.

I would bet Monday a lot of the other coaches look at uw and just say “I have no idea wtf is going on over there.”
    Why Monday? They’ll get ass rapped on Saturday if my calendar reading skillz hold true.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

Why Monday? They’ll get ass rapped on Saturday if my calendar reading skillz hold true.
    Money. Damn auto correct. I suck at words.