Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anyone hear Hughes assessment of the sidlines?

79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam
Hughe was on kjr before the hawks game and was describing the sidelines during AZ game. Pretty damning,he said junior adams was trying to coach up odunze and McMillan. They were having none of it. Body language was saying, not listening.....morris was teying to encourage them, they weren't having it. That tells me those guys are good as gone. No love for their qb and they think their position coach is a joke. Body language interactions are truth tellers.

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,866 Swaye's Wigwam
    Dawg man is a bunch of doogs. If this is coming from them you know everything is fucked.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Hugh hates WRs so take it with a grain of salt.

Fair point, but I think this makes the wr’s look smart. At some point it becomes so bad that they have to look out for themselves. The leadership in the program and athletic dept sure as hell is right now.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam

Hughe was on kjr before the hawks game and was describing the sidelines during AZ game. Pretty damning,he said junior adams was trying to coach up odunze and McMillan. They were having none of it. Body language was saying, not listening.....morris was teying to encourage them, they weren't having it. That tells me those guys are good as gone. No love for their qb and they think their position coach is a joke. Body language interactions are truth tellers.

I can see this

McMillan gives zero effort
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    But yet they hang out with Sam Huard during the game 🤔
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

HuskyJW said:

I can see this

McMillan gives zero effort
    Zero percent on 50/50 balls
    Right, his effort was great after the catch.

Definitely looks like a guy who isn't willing to put his body on the line to help his QB.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    McMillan probably could be a pretty good WR, he seems to be open alot without looking like he is trying. Probably NFL athleticism. Ill be surprised if he is back next year, he looked like he checked out weeks ago.

Rome looks like he would be a fine college WR but he isn't good enough to get away with effort/attitude problems. His transfer options will be alot more limited.

Bynum has really grown on me. He consistently puts in effort and has developed in a pretty sure handed WR. Bynum gets added to the list of players I can respect for still trying with Pleasant, Mcgrew, and Hiles.

The players should have been able to blow out teams like Arizona and Montana even with Tyrone Willingham and a coked out Sark as coaches. So many of the players are weak minded little fucks with fat little girl friends jerking off about their inflated high school rankings that quit at the first sign of adversity. When I rewatch clips I see guys all over the field getting physically dominated in one on one match ups (especially OL and DL) or giving up or not hustling. The 0-12 team had more fight in it.

Dont get me wrong, they are just reflecting the shitty coaches, and the coaches should be fired, but there are a lot of players on the team that are absolutely not as good as they think. A lot of these players are going to transfer somewhere else with less resources with their shitty attitude and shitty work ethic and then wonder why they still aren't that good a year from now.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,592 Founders Club

Heard it, listened to it again and it’s a major indictment on Adams.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    Speaking of WRs, what happened to Sawyer Racanelli? There was some chatter that he was going to be good. I guess he isn't?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    hardhat said:

Speaking of WRs, what happened to Sawyer Racanelli? There was some chatter that he was going to be good. I guess he isn't?

He had his chance early in the year. I don’t think he got open one time
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    Only guys on the offense who seem to give a damn are Otton, Pleasant and Bynum. With McGrew in spurts. Morris probably tries, he just has no talent.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,034
    edited October 2021

This from the commentator that threw a year long temper tantrum because UW knew before any other P12 team that his kid wasn't a P5 caliber QB?

Yeah I'm sure he is super objective in his takes about UW.
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam
    As much as a dipshit hughe is sometimes, i think his desire for UW football to be great is honest and isnt ying to pump his agenda. I think he does have a critical eye for things and those general observations of sideline behavior fit with all the rumblings others have said indicating this coaching staff is over their head and significant changes need to happen to retain talent