Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,051 Founders Club
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,186
    Title should be "Husky Comeback Win Didn't Solve Any of Jimmy's or JonDon's Deficiencies"

But yeah, nothings changed with the d line.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,346 Swaye's Wigwam
    I have thought the DTs have been alright the past few games but the problem is unless they blow up a play AND make the tackle, there are no Edges or LBs to make the play so they look worse than they really are. Opponents are also attacking the hell out of the edges. Anyone else watch the DL close enough to know if this is true?

Also, Bandes has been a huge disappointment. He was so highly-regarded TSIO did a pod just about his commitment and I think he was rated better than Tuil and definitely Taimani but now he's beaten out by two true freshmen at a position where you really don't want to rely on freshmen.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

I have thought the DTs have been alright the past few games but the problem is unless they blow up a play AND make the tackle, there are no Edges or LBs to make the play so they look worse than they really are. Opponents are also attacking the hell out of the edges. Anyone else watch the DL close enough to know if this is true?

Also, Bandes has been a huge disappointment. He was so highly-regarded TSIO did a pod just about his commitment and I think he was rated better than Tuil and definitely Taimani but now he's beaten out by two true freshmen at a position where you really don't want to rely on freshmen.

The linebackers, both inside and outside, are the primary problem against the run. The next problem in line is the lack of safety support. The next problem is that the LBs and safeties never put a big hit on anyone. They play patticake and grab impotently at the ball while average, 220lb backs drag them for 3-4 extra yards.

Lying Somewhere beneath these things is blame for the D linemen.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I once saw Bandes get pushed to the sideline and driven 20 yards back by a Utah OL. It was all the way from the middle of the field.

None of them are good, but this program is in the dumpster and everyone looks worse. Not one player looks much better.