Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I think Jimmy is trying get fired right now

Not even joking. I think he's putting up a middle finger and ready to get his buyout. Terrible HC who maybe never wanted to be one.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Not even joking. I think he's putting up a middle finger and ready to get his buyout. Terrible HC who maybe never wanted to be one.

I think he wanted to be a head coach but knows he will never have to work again and doesn’t care if he’s fired. It’s his way all the way to the end.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,152

Not a bad idea. I think he's realized he's in over his head. Grt out as soon as you can with your pay and take a DC job somewhere
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

I guarantee at no point is Jimmy thinking "I'm going to intentionally fuck this up so I'll get fired."

A man with his colossal ego could never do that in a million years. He and his staff are just very poor at their jobs.

He’s going to feel like he’s been blindsided with a firing at 4-8

They MIGHT beat Colorado

I would probably take Wazzu over UW at this point

We aren’t beating Stanford, Oregon, or ASU

Earliest Jimmy gets fired is after ASU
    The damn UA OC ruined this whole thing by going to the Kyle Whittingham come from ahead loss to UW school by deciding he was going to throw a pass in the 2nd half instead of running it every down. Had he not had his QB throw the pass that Tuli picked off (they had shoved it down our throats the whole series up to that point) and continued to run it, they get at least 3 points and burn another 2-4 minutes off the clock and essentially that would have been ball game.

This loss, plus the 300 yard on the ground snow plow L next Saturday vs Stanford, followed by the Green Out at home versus Oregon where they win by 14-17 imo would have forced Jen's hand and after ASU it would be announced that JL would not be back in 2022.

This win might get him thru ASU where if he can win versus Buffs and WSU he survives to see a 2nd/3rd year.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,737

I guarantee at no point is Jimmy thinking "I'm going to intentionally fuck this up so I'll get fired."

A man with his colossal ego could never do that in a million years. He and his staff are just very poor at their jobs.

He's probably a charismatic narcissist who on a deep level knows he is failing epically, will deny it to himeself and others, stick to his guns to fuck with all the players and fans who don't respect him, and to exert his remaining power to a maximum, and make sure to get his buyout by being fired.

How many people can fail, tell everyone to fuck off, and collect millions of dollars while doing so?

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,621
    Watching Jimmy Fake / JonDon / Gregory coach @ Stanford will be like a slow-motion train wreck.

We all know they are going to run the ball a ton, average over 5 ypc, and hold the Huskies under 3 yards per carry while sacking Morris 3+ times.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,866 Swaye's Wigwam

Agreed. Lil Jimmie is like ballz in the sense of doubling and even tripling down as needed. He was clearly not connected with reality and had zero self awareness. He excelled in the art of grandiose illusions.

Ballz is lil Jimmie. Lil Jimmie is ballz
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,867
    How are you guys so bad? I was under the impression you are at least top half of the conference in talent
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,621
    At least Sark could get to 7 wins and had some SIZZLE to recruiting.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,605 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

I could actually imagine a scenario where, years after getting fired, then rehabbing his reputation with another big DC job (or NFL stint), Jimmy might do well in his second HC role. He’s smart, charismatic, and capable of learning.

But UW has to look at the here and now. Jimmy is in way over his head. And he’s too headstrong to make changes. A separation is the best answer for both him and UW.

With good coordinators he might be able to do alright at a MW school. Like Sark, he won't ever be a success at a big time program. Also like Sark, he can probably b.s. his way to a good job in five years.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,605 Founders Club

He's probably a charismatic narcissist who on a deep level knows he is failing epically, will deny it to himeself and others, stick to his guns to fuck with all the players and fans who don't respect him, and to exert his remaining power to a maximum, and make sure to get his buyout by being fired.

How many people can fail, tell everyone to fuck off, and collect millions of dollars while doing so?

I've been friends with and dated some narcissists. The mental gymnastics, denial, and delusion can be strong.