Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

David Shaw

How is he still employed!?

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,473 Founders Club
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,588
    Though he's 9 and 11 in conference since 2019, he definitely gets the benefit of the doubt with going to 3 RBs and winning two of them.

But if he doesn't finish strong this year and has another bad year in 2022, they may give him the boot.

• ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    I just cant believe he's getting paid like a top 5 coach, and Stanford's been trending down for a while.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,161
    results be damned, i cannot believe that stanford is paying a football almost $9mm.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    Stanford has money obviously and doesn't have to answer to anyone. The students when they read this will or might quit going to games.
  • BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 105

I just cant believe he's getting paid like a top 5 coach, and Stanford's been trending down for a while.

His pay now is reflective of his earlier success. These things almost always lag a few years behind.

But the fact he makes almost 9 mil/year is also reflective of what Stanford (and most of the P12) actually most highly values. And it isn't National Championships.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,249 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    I think that figure came from just some random delayed $4-5 million bonus he was owed on that year. I think year-to-year he's in the $4 million range. Which is still a lot for a guy who only seems to care about beating Oregon and Washington the past few years.

One of the weirdest coaching careers ever and I wonder if he's been Petersen in 2019 for a while now but is just collecting checks while he can instead of quitting and will eventually bow out a very rich man.

If he was actually interested in running a serious football program and was willing to hire a dynamic OC, I have always wondered if he would be an ideal coach for Washington.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,353 Founders Club

Husky fans would drag their balls through broken glass for a run like that
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

Sounds painful.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,544 Founders Club

Details coming soon…
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited October 2021
    Because without him, Stanford is Arizona
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    He always figured out a way to fuck uw raw dawg style
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I think that figure came from just some random delayed $4-5 million bonus he was owed on that year. I think year-to-year he's in the $4 million range. Which is still a lot for a guy who only seems to care about beating Oregon and Washington the past few years.

One of the weirdest coaching careers ever and I wonder if he's been Petersen in 2019 for a while now but is just collecting checks while he can instead of quitting and will eventually bow out a very rich man.

If he was actually interested in running a serious football program and was willing to hire a dynamic OC, I have always wondered if he would be an ideal coach for Washington.

This would be my guess. I can’t fathom him making 9 mil every year.