Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Alec Baldwin kills one and wounds another on movie set. Proof that Libs and Guns Don't Mix.

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Sledog said:

Live ammo in the gun.

Rules 1-4 all violated. Never let liberals own or handle firearms. Ever.

And ALWAYS CHECK THE FUCKING CHAMBER no matter what and no matter who says they already did.
    This. It is the first follow up to rule 1.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    More info on bad conditions and safety problems on the set.

https://www.rt.com/usa/538247-baldwin-shooting-problems-safety/
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    pawz said:

Is AB a piece of shit? Yeah.

Is it the height of irony that this accident happens to this guy? Yeah

Does the Devine* have a way of humbling people that is unmatched in its ferocity and vengence? Definitely.

This won't be a popular take, but with that all said, I do have a soft spot in my heart for the guy. I can't imagine the sheer anguish this human being must be feeling, knowing you took an innocent life and thus changing the course of a family tree forever.

It's got to be devastating.

* whateveryouwantocallit

In my view he doesn't deserve sympathy. Understanding maybe, but the fact of the matter is he was irresponsible and slaughtered an innocent woman. There is no reason to believe this was intentional, and to that end piling on Alec Baldwin should be out of bounds, but that too is understandable given the extreme degree of narcissism he wallows in. You reap what you sow. This is a tragedy to be sure, but true sympathy should be directed towards the surviving family and friends of the lady who was slaughtered, and the director who was critically injured.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021
    There's also the personal, ego-centric aspect of gun-haters who wish to deprive everyone else of a gun because they know they can't trust themselves with one, and thus see it as unfair that some people are far more responsible and deserving of rights and privileges than they.

To which I say, too bad mother-fucker. Retards don't get man rights, cause they haven't earned them.

What in Baldwin's past would ever suggest he should ever be holding a gun? Nothing.

What an overgrown child he is.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    This was a very unfortunate tragedy, and my heart goes out to all the victims' loved ones.

On the bright side, though, Trey Parker and Matt Stone finally have the perfect premise for Team America 2.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter

There's also the personal, ego-centric aspect of gun-haters who wish to deprive everyone else of a gun because they know they can't trust themselves with one, and thus see it as unfair that some people are far more responsible and deserving of rights and privileges than they.

To which I say, too bad mother-fucker. Retards don't get man rights, cause they haven't earned them.

What in Baldwin's past would ever suggest he should ever be holding a gun? Nothing.

Well, they definitely trust their armed body guards with guns. Personally, I don't think Baldwin doesn't trust himself with a gun. He such a phucking narcissist that he thinks he could walk on water while reloading while thinking that the rest of us don't know which end the bullet comes out. Rules for thee and not for me is the golden rule for these leftards. This is exactly why we have the 2A, to protect us from the Baldwin's of the world. You don't think that he doesn't support disarming the American public?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

46XiJCAB said:

FWIW --

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/10/22/camera-crew-walked-off-set-of-baldwin-movie-due-to-working-conditions-hours-before-shooting-n424265

Camera crew walked off set of Baldwin movie due to working conditions hours before shooting

Camera crews aren’t responsible for handling props on the set, are they?

Even so, this LA Times scoop raises the obvious possibility that if the camera crew was disgruntled about labor conditions, maybe the prop master was too. And if the camera crew was replaced by non-union labor, maybe the prop master was replaced by someone who wasn’t up to the job.

n fact, the bombshell here — if true — is that there were problems with props on the set before the fatal shooting yesterday.

Per the Times, the crew was upset about long hours, low pay, and the fact that they were being asked to commute to Santa Fe from Albuquerque, a 50-mile drive, instead of being allowed to stay at hotels in town. This was a low-budget production and producers evidently didn’t want to foot that bill. Eventually it reached the point where they walked — just hours before cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed.

As the camera crew — members of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees — spent about an hour assembling their gear at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, several nonunion crew members showed up to replace them, the knowledgeable person said…

“Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue to shooting,” the knowledgeable person said.

There were two misfires on the prop gun and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”…

The shooting occurred about six hours after the union camera crew left.

So that explains why the prop masters’ union, IATSE Local 44, was quick with a statement this morning claiming that Baldwin somehow fired 'a “live” round and the prop master on the set was *not* a union member. It wasn’t just a matter of them making sure the union isn’t blamed, it’s a matter of suggesting that using non-union labor on a film set literally leads to people dying.

Sounds like Alec was taking any gig he could and for all the talk about the left being strong union advocates, it seems that in a pinch they're not. Hypocrites. Baldwin also apparently didn't know it was a "hot" gun and was said to be waving it around when the shot was fired.
    New Mexico became a Hollywood thing awhile ago as companies wanted to avoid regulations and taxes for production in California. So anti tax and anti unions now.
    Hollyweird likes to spout a lot of far left bullshit about social issues and condemn anyone who doesn't see it their way, but when it actually comes to standing with the little people, they're nowhere to be found.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2021

Well, they definitely trust their armed body guards with guns. Personally, I don't think Baldwin doesn't trust himself with a gun. He such a phucking narcissist that he thinks he could walk on water while reloading while thinking that the rest of us don't know which end the bullet comes out. Rules for thee and not for me is the golden rule for these leftards. This is exactly why we have the 2A, to protect us from the Baldwin's of the world. You don't think that he doesn't support disarming the American public?
    Of course he does. That's the point of my post.

If I'm no good at something, you can't do it either, even though you're better or capable.

Guys like Baldwin call that "Equality."

Look at DeBlasio tearing down all Advanced Learning classes in NYC. Same attitude without an ounce of self-reflection or humility.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter

FWIW --

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/10/22/camera-crew-walked-off-set-of-baldwin-movie-due-to-working-conditions-hours-before-shooting-n424265

Camera crew walked off set of Baldwin movie due to working conditions hours before shooting

Camera crews aren’t responsible for handling props on the set, are they?

Even so, this LA Times scoop raises the obvious possibility that if the camera crew was disgruntled about labor conditions, maybe the prop master was too. And if the camera crew was replaced by non-union labor, maybe the prop master was replaced by someone who wasn’t up to the job.

n fact, the bombshell here — if true — is that there were problems with props on the set before the fatal shooting yesterday.

Per the Times, the crew was upset about long hours, low pay, and the fact that they were being asked to commute to Santa Fe from Albuquerque, a 50-mile drive, instead of being allowed to stay at hotels in town. This was a low-budget production and producers evidently didn’t want to foot that bill. Eventually it reached the point where they walked — just hours before cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed.

As the camera crew — members of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees — spent about an hour assembling their gear at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, several nonunion crew members showed up to replace them, the knowledgeable person said…

“Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue to shooting,” the knowledgeable person said.

There were two misfires on the prop gun and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”…

The shooting occurred about six hours after the union camera crew left.

So that explains why the prop masters’ union, IATSE Local 44, was quick with a statement this morning claiming that Baldwin somehow fired a “live” round and the prop master on the set was *not* a union member. It wasn’t just a matter of them making sure the union isn’t blamed, it’s a matter of suggesting that using non-union labor on a film set literally leads to people dying.

Maybe the camera crew was paid off to leave the set - ensuring Baldwin's easy as pie shooting without fear of it being caught on film? All premeditated imho.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,341 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    A lot of people triggered on this thread…..
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    pawz said:

Is AB a piece of shit? Yeah.

Is it the height of irony that this accident happens to this guy? Yeah

Does the Devine* have a way of humbling people that is unmatched in its ferocity and vengence? Definitely.

This won't be a popular take, but with that all said, I do have a soft spot in my heart for the guy. I can't imagine the sheer anguish this human being must be feeling, knowing you took an innocent life and thus changing the course of a family tree forever.

It's got to be devastating.

* whateveryouwantocallit

I only reserve my better side for those that deserve grace. IMO, Baldwin doesn't. He's a BAD guy. Hannity would regularly play the audio of him berating his teen daughter. Really disgusting stuff. Hannity is friends with Baldwin's brother, he asked him to stop playing it for the sake of his niece. Hannity did.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The lady killed the dp meaning she handled the camera. That’s probably why he was pointing the gun. Director was right next to, or behind her.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter

The lady killed the dp meaning she handled the camera. That’s probably why he was pointing the gun. Director was right next to, or behind her.

Standard film safety rules say never to point the gun at any person. They use camera angles to make it look looked they do. We're going to find a lot of practices were violated in this fiasco. Baldwin was also the producer and I doubt the victims will hire HH level legal services for the law suits. To many corners cut. All by Baldwin.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

A lot of people triggered on this thread…..

Chin for the well executed pun.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Hollywood machine is now going into Baldwin defense mode and that 24 y/o in charge of props is gonna take the fall.

They were using live rounds to target shoot during downtime. One got left in the weapon it looks like. Baldwin can not excuse himself.

Standard protocol on set is when you’ve been handed a weapon you’re supposed to verify that it’s “cold”. He didn’t do that. And never aim at a human.