Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We need a new Premium Partner

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    At any given point and time if you go look at the number of people on the website, there's always about 2k people online and during peak periods probably closer to 4k. There's also people that probably log out and/or aren't active members of the site. I'd be surprised if it was much more than 5k members. That might be on the high side, but probably not too much on the high side.

I would imagine that there's revenue for web traffic on a per click basis.

I expect that there are some kind of royalties paid to either Fox or whoever the ownership group is going forward.

You obviously have to pay the staff. Intern makes nothing. Scott would make some but probably not a lot. You have I'm sure various misc. expenses tied to travel, technology, etc. that all would come out of pocket.

I'd also assume that the business was set up as some kind of partnership and that the remaining cash flow is distributed to the owners after all expenses have been paid out and anything set to the side for future reserves, growth, etc.

IF KJR isn't paying at least something worth the time, being on KJR is Pat Haden FS for them as all they are doing is diluting their product and taking some of the "inside information" and putting it out on the air. I can't imagine that they are getting a number of new subscribers out of it as most of the people that I would expect to listen are already members of the site. It definitely screams of "free pub" and finding "steak that has some sizzle" behind it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dardanus said:

I wonder how much Marshall the intern makes. I'm guessing nothing, plus he still has to pay $10.95 a month.

Disagree, his subscription is as free as his labor.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Tequilla said:

At any given point and time if you go look at the number of people on the website, there's always about 2k people online and during peak periods probably closer to 4k. There's also people that probably log out and/or aren't active members of the site. I'd be surprised if it was much more than 5k members. That might be on the high side, but probably not too much on the high side.

I would imagine that there's revenue for web traffic on a per click basis.

I expect that there are some kind of royalties paid to either Fox or whoever the ownership group is going forward.

You obviously have to pay the staff. Intern makes nothing. Scott would make some but probably not a lot. You have I'm sure various misc. expenses tied to travel, technology, etc. that all would come out of pocket.

I'd also assume that the business was set up as some kind of partnership and that the remaining cash flow is distributed to the owners after all expenses have been paid out and anything set to the side for future reserves, growth, etc.

IF KJR isn't paying at least something worth the time, being on KJR is Pat Haden FS for them as all they are doing is diluting their product and taking some of the "inside information" and putting it out on the air. I can't imagine that they are getting a number of new subscribers out of it as most of the people that I would expect to listen are already members of the site. It definitely screams of "free pub" and finding "steak that has some sizzle" behind it.

First of all let's just throw out that 2K online bullshit number as at least 50% of it is inflated. Fuck sometimes you'll see "Race Bannon" is logged in and we all know he was kicked to the curb years ago.

As for the KJR no way he is making much if anything. I doubt Softy even makes 40K a year. There is no money in Radio especially for people who do a show once a week in a time slot nobody listens to.

Kim does his show because he is full of himself. He can now say he hosts a radio show, gives him another opportunity to hear himself talk, interview shitty football coaches or ex Rick Neuheisel players, etc. Kim is all about feeding his own ego that is why he's on KJR.
  • Options
    I'd be shocked if Softy wasn't making $100k plus per year.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I'd be shocked if Softy wasn't making $100k plus per year.

No way on 100K. I don't believe that for a second.
  • Options
    It wouldn't shock me if Softy wasn't closer to 200k than 100k ...

If you do a quick online search for Mitch, there's stuff out there saying he makes as much as 750k. It definitely wouldn't shock me if he made 500k.
  • Options
    Shockingly, Softy has a solid reputation nationally ... and even profiles (at least for 2013) ahead of Mitch:

http://www.talkers.com/2013-talkers-heavy-hundred-sports-talk/
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

If you do a quick online search for Mitch, there's stuff out there saying he makes as much as 750k. It definitely wouldn't shock me if he made 500k.

200K? You actually believe that? Mitch makes almost a million a year to do a radio show? Fuck very few guys make that much on radio and like Road Dawg said they are national.

KJR would be going bankrupt if they paid these guys that much money.
  • Options
    Gas was making 6 figures a year in his drive spot ... why would you think Softy's not making comparable? Particularly when you throw in the work that he does related to Husky Football.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Gas was making 6 figures a year in his drive spot ... why would you think Softy's not making comparable? Particularly when you throw in the work that he does related to Husky Football.

How do you know Gas was making 6 figures? That also doesn't take into account that the radio business has been in decline for many years. Softy might (I honestly doubt it) be able to hit 100k if he hits some sports bar appearances that douchebags pay him to attend.

• Options

Tequilla said:

How do you know Gas was making 6 figures? That also doesn't take into account that the radio business has been in decline for many years. Softy might (I honestly doubt it) be able to hit 100k if he hits some sports bar appearances that douchebags pay him to attend.

He's right on Gasman making six figures before he walked away. Gasman also has more years in the business.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/home/949417-129/gastineau-sounders-soccer-sports-says-talk

I doubt even Mitch makes up to 200K a year. Knowing that Gasman made 100K I'm guessing Softy is probably 70K-80K which is a lot.

I know the hosts of 1080 the fan in Portland claim they make 45K.
  • Options
    While searching for Softy's salary I stumbled on this....

http://washingtonhuskies.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/some-thoughts-on-kjrs-dave-softy-mahler/

GrantUW says:
    November 14, 2010 at 1:36 pm
    Softy is an idiot. He is an embarrassment to UW fans everywhere. He will defend anybody in charge at UW until they are gone, and only then he will say how he knew all along things were bad. Fuck him in his fat fucking ass.

quorndawg says:
    November 14, 2010 at 1:51 pm
    Willingham’s second year >Sark’s year. I was patient with Willingham; Sark, not so much. Forgive us Bob for having higher expectations than participation ribbons.

*Swoon*
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    5k seems high. I'd guess it's more like 3,500 to 4,000, and 700 of those are on 2-3 free months.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

While searching for Softy's salary I stumbled on this....

http://washingtonhuskies.wordpress.com/2010/11/14/some-thoughts-on-kjrs-dave-softy-mahler/

GrantUW says:
    November 14, 2010 at 1:36 pm
    Softy is an idiot. He is an embarrassment to UW fans everywhere. He will defend anybody in charge at UW until they are gone, and only then he will say how he knew all along things were bad. Fuck him in his fat fucking ass.

quorndawg says:
    November 14, 2010 at 1:51 pm
    Willingham’s second year >Sark’s year. I was patient with Willingham; Sark, not so much. Forgive us Bob for having higher expectations than participation ribbons.

*Swoon*

Grant sounds like he lacks real world experience.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

There is no way Mitch makes 500 K on a radio show that isn't even syndicated. I bet there are guys at ESPN and Sirius that don't make that much. The show doesn't play anywhere but the greater Seattle area. Lol even more at thinking Softy makes anywhere near 200. Radio is a shitty business.

Mitch is on in Portland right now too. I don't know if it's for four hours though. I doubt he makes over like 120 k before commercial money. Softy might make around 75 k since he does afternoon drive, but I'm sure Gastineau made way more.

I have a family member who works in radio and can confirm it doesn't pay a shitload unless you're nationally syndicated.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    meanwhile back at the ranch, Jewd tells all of you to fuck off

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2014/03/26/video-uw-offensive-line-coach-chris-strausser-micd-up-at-practice/

at least now I know I dont have to check the blog for the next week.
  • Options
    All that was said about Gas was that he gave up a 6 figure a year job. Pure conjecture at whether that was $100k, $150k, $200k, etc.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

All that was said about Gas was that he gave up a 6 figure a year job. Pure conjecture at whether that was $100k, $150k, $200k, etc.

You really are a fucking moron aren't you?

I bet he made 100K and they ran him off to cut back on salary.

Also if he made 250K they would have said so. When you say made "six figures" it typically means he made 90K and they are rounding up since it sounds better.

HTH
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

You really are a fucking moron aren't you?

I bet he made 100K and they ran him off to cut back on salary.

Also if he made 250K they would have said so. When you say made "six figures" it typically means he made 90K and they are rounding up since it sounds better.

HTH
    Six Figure Salary Superiority Guy heard from.