Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Caple and Danny O’Neil’s new podcast

Actually pretty entertaining. Fully criticizing everything about the program, with some good reminiscing on Ty’s interactions with the media during his last season

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So many good observations. Offense has trouble executing consistently and the D gives up too many yards on the ground while the LBs have fallen off under Gregory over the past couple of years. ILBs are below average.

So it's about the X's and O's AND the Jimmy's & Joe's....FYFMFE
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Too bad nobody was calling out Gregory’s LB recruiting for years
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Oh this is great news. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,925
    Founders Club
    I don't see it listed on iTunes
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I liked it. O'neill is a lot more enjoyable when he's not surrounded by those bumbling idiots from 710 and isn't forced to shoehorn hawt hawk talk into 95% of the programming. And Caple is obviously great.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't see it listed on iTunes

Apparently it’s only on SoundCloud for now
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The Ty stuff was funny.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

LOL. Fine. You were.

You're now batting .081 from your other predictions on recruiting and everything else.

This vaunted 4* dline front is garbage. Including Tuitele.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

LOL. Fine. You were.

You're now batting .081 from your other predictions on recruiting and everything else.

This isn’t about me man …

There were LOTS of people calling this out

The train wreck was being called out … Jimmy just accelerated it
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

LOL. Fine. You were.

These are higher ranked players. Evaluation, softer players, everything is on the table. Shitting coaching is a foregone conclusion.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

LOL. Fine. You were.

These are higher ranked players. Evaluation, softer players, everything is on the table. Shitting coaching is a foregone conclusion.
    The ranking is often bullshit as is the composite of a roster or x amount of 4 stars equals performance.

That said it is about getting the guys you want and there’s not a staff in the country that wants to live off of 3 star diamonds in the rough, other than jimmy.

Do better. Get guys that are fast and coordinated that can hit and be physical.

Also, the linemen look like soft bodies. Makes me wonder if roids have been removed from the circulation around campus.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Excellent work by these guys. I'm loving the media right now between this, Caples' articles, and Vorel's excellent work as the primary newspaper beat writer.

Revisiting the topic of rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship, here's how I rank UW assistants from most urgently need the ax to least urgently:

1. Donovan...duh

2. Gregory...he just keeps doing the same shit against a league (and a big sky opponent) who have figured out how to easily beat it. He's also responsible for the lack of talent and onfield performance at ILB.

3. Malloe...before ZTF came in and got more pressure in 10 snaps than the other OLB have combined in six games, did anyone even notice the OLBs out there? They have been a non-factor.

4. Rowan...the DL show flashes but are inconsistent. I don't believe the talent level or depth is the problem. It's development and technique that is lacking.

5. Special teams...I can't remember who has ST this year. The returns are a joke as usual. Fire someone.

6. Harris and the other DB guy..mainly due to recruiting but I also find it disturbing that nobody has beaten out Turner.

RB and receiver are fine. I'm all for a full house cleaning but if *we're simply rearranging deck chairs then I don't know that these guys need to go.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

Excellent work by these guys. I'm loving the media right now between this, Caples' articles, and Vorel's excellent work as the primary newspaper beat writer.

Revisiting the topic of rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship, here's how I rank UW assistants from most urgently need the ax to least urgently:

1. Donovan...duh

2. Gregory...he just keeps doing the same shit against a league (and a big sky opponent) who have figured out how to easily beat it. He's also responsible for the lack of talent and onfield performance at ILB.

3. Malloe...before ZTF came in and got more pressure in 10 snaps than the other OLB have combined in six games, did anyone even notice the OLBs out there? They have been a non-factor.

4. Rowan...the DL show flashes but are inconsistent. I don't believe the talent level or depth is the problem. It's development and technique that is lacking.

5. Special teams...I can't remember who has ST this year. The returns are a joke as usual. Fire someone.

6. Harris and the other DB guy..mainly due to recruiting but I also find it disturbing that nobody has beaten out Turner.

RB and receiver are fine. I'm all for a full house cleaning but if *we're simply rearranging deck chairs then I don't know that these guys need to go.

KB
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2021
    chuck said:

1. Donovan...duh

Jimmy and the db coaches get a pass on the safety play way too much. Our safeties are horrible and have been since Myles Bryant left.

Cook and Hampton are the only two that look the part. I have no idea if Hampton can play though. Cook is a bit of a jag but a willing hitter and that’s better than anything else on the roster right now. This is year 3 of not having a legit safety (I don’t give them credit for Bryant as he played out of position).

So many of the players on the team have not developed physically either. The whole thing needs to burn down.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blayen said:

It is good to see media folks trying to analyze the team objectively. Wish that would have been done during the TW and Sark eras.

As far as assistants, what kind of connections does Lake have to bring in anyone better? It seems to me like his lack of connections in the football community are why we ended up with Donovan and in house promotions in the first place. I find it very hard to believe that Donavan was the guy he actually wanted.

Seems like going after assistants is just a waste of time. We might get lucky and get an improvement, but Lake is an even worse position now for hiring assistants than he was 2 years ago. Just jettison Lake already and start over.

Yes, but it isn't happening. Might as well talk about what we'd all do if we hit a half billion dollar Powerball.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Blayen said:

It is good to see media folks trying to analyze the team objectively. Wish that would have been done during the TW and Sark eras.

As far as assistants, what kind of connections does Lake have to bring in anyone better? It seems to me like his lack of connections in the football community are why we ended up with Donovan and in house promotions in the first place. I find it very hard to believe that Donavan was the guy he actually wanted.

Seems like going after assistants is just a waste of time. We might get lucky and get an improvement, but Lake is an even worse position now for hiring assistants than he was 2 years ago. Just jettison Lake already and start over.

Yes, but it isn't happening. Might as well talk about what we'd all do if we hit a half billion dollar Powerball.
    Offer 20 million to fire Jen