Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

You pay the athlete types are retarded at arguing. As long as you keep saying shit like "America was built on the backs of unpaid labor" when referring to this situation you'll never change anyone's mind. Yeah, slaves and college football players are the same thing. Dumb fucks.

I don't think the colleges need to pay them at all.

Just let them do whatever side jobs/autograph signings they want and keep the cash.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014

You pay the athlete types are retarded at arguing. As long as you keep saying shit like "America was built on the backs of unpaid labor" when referring to this situation you'll never change anyone's mind. Yeah, slaves and college football players are the same thing. Dumb fucks.

Just let them do whatever side jobs/autograph signings they want and keep the cash.
    Agree in principle, but Bob Booster will find a way to pay Rhett Bomar for doing nothing.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Agree in principal, but Bob Booster will find a way to pay Rhett Bomar for doing nothing.
    Isn't that how WASHINGTON shared a natty in the first place?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Agree in principal, but Bob Booster will find a way to pay Rhett Bomar for doing nothing.
    So be it.

At least it is out in the open and above board.

Should a kid really be penalized because he sells his Sugar Bowl Ring ... It's his, he wants to sell it to a booster for 15k ... he earned it.

Reality ... less than 300 kids will go pro year ... or about 10% of the starters.

The rest will go into the real world and fail miserably and end up poasting on a bored about things they know nothing about ...

Let them earn what they can.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    topdawgnc said:

So be it.

Should a kid really be penalized because he sells his Sugar Bowl Ring ... It's his, he wants to sell it to a booster for 15k ... he earned it.

Reality ... less than 300 kids will go pro year ... or about 10% of the starters.

The rest will go into the real world and fail miserably and end up living in their mom's basement with a boner in their sweatpants poasting on a bored about things they know nothing about ...

FTFY
  • Options

Agree in principle, but Bob Booster will find a way to pay Rhett Bomar for doing nothing.
    That's the point.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

So be it.

The rest will go into the real world and fail miserably and end up poasting on a bored about things they know nothing about ...

I'm fine with them being compensated, but separate the boosters from it somehow (maybe that's completely naive).
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

So be it.

I'm fine with them being compensated, but separate the boosters from it somehow (maybe that's completely naive).
    Either the universities have to do it or the boosters have to do it.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Another great deadspin article today calling the most honest man in college basketball, John Calipari, The Most Honest Man in College Basketball. That was awesome.

Calipari is the best.

The one and done rule is un-American and anti-competitive.

Pay the players like you pay the coaches.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Keep it as is. It ain't broke. If someone comes up with a better league, then they are free to do so. No one has a gun to anyone's head. Everyone participates on their own free will. Plus, it keeps the minorities down apparently. I hadn't thought of that angle, but hell, I guess that's just a bonus.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The fuck is Rhett Bomar? Does he poast here?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Would you say fuck blackey? It's racist and unacceptable to say fuck whitey too! Clean it up or you'll be on the sidelines for a few days. We don't want that language out here. No punching the keyboard out here. Not out here.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Would you say fuck blackey? It's racist and unacceptable to say fuck whitey too! Clean it up or you'll be on the sidelines for a few days. We don't want that language out here. No punching the keyboard out here. Not out here.

#FuckBlackeyfish
  • Options

Looks like someone is still cunty about their timeout.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

So be it.

To be clear, I did not play college football before I failed miserably at life. I was into Ultimate Frisbee. On the quad. Sorry PL_SS.
    It's funny without the PLSS part. You're a good dude Swaye. No need to be a peckerwood.
  • Options

Swaye said:

topdawgnc said:

So be it.

To be clear, I did not play college football before I failed miserably at life. I was into Ultimate Frisbee. On the quad. Sorry PL_SS.
    It's funny without the PLSS part. You're a good dude Swaye. No need to be a KKK peckerwood.
    Obvious fix.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

It's not the same thing and Sven is white. HTH.