Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cohen: "We hired Jimmy because he’s an elite recruiter and an elite developer"

2»

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Seems like he hates recruiting. So nfl makes the most sense
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

But the bottom line is he isn't going anywhere for quite some time, barring a scandal

Thanks for the reminder. It’s like a swift kick in the nuts every time I get any optimism for change. Thanks for all you do keeping us grounded.

• Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

And the athletic director is blaming fans for being the biggest problem.

fuck that fat bitch
    posts like this don't reflect well on us as a site
    Ten years in and Derek finally has his "maybe we need to draw the line" moment.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2021

His next stop is the nfl, regardless of how this plays out. I think he’s done in college for a while after UW

UW always burns out the best coaches
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

His next stop is the nfl, regardless of how this plays out. I think he’s done in college for a while after UW

He probably hates being a college HC. His reputation as a DB caoch is stellar and he loves the NFL. He probably would be a good pro DB coach.

Unless...Does he have some kind of ego issue? Does he see himself as someone who should take orders from others?

In the NFL he'll be another bitch assistant who has to work his ass off. Plus, millionaire athletes won't necessarily bow down to him.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

But the bottom line is he isn't going anywhere for quite some time, barring a scandal

You don’t think 3-9 will do it?
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

You don’t think 3-9 will do it?
    unfortunately, I think he gets next season even if they go 2-10. Might get Jen fired though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

One more .500 season or worse and he’s gone. The recruiting isn’t going to turn around.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

He probably hates being a college HC. His reputation as a DB caoch is stellar and he loves the NFL. He probably would be a good pro DB coach.

Unless...Does he have some kind of ego issue? Does he see himself as someone who should take orders from others?

In the NFL he'll be another bitch assistant who has to work his ass off. Plus, millionaire athletes won't necessarily bow down to him.
    My prayer is he is fired this year and goes to the Ravens as their DB coach and Marcus Peters chokes him out again.
    Message board genius needs to see this one. Well played nachos.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,177
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sorry Jen. You're just overweight and in over your head.

So out of shape and stupid?
  • Options
    Founders Club

fuck that fat bitch
    posts like this don't reflect well on us as a site
    Ten years in and Derek finally has his "maybe we need to draw the line" moment.

You have no way of knowing
  • Options
    DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

fuck that fat bitch
    Don't get IrishDawg excited.
  • Options
    Founders Club

One more .500 season or worse and he’s gone. The recruiting isn’t going to turn around.
    I'm not sure about that. It would probably have to be a 3-9 kind of season. He could go 6-6 and 7-6 indefinitely.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I'm not sure about that. It would probably have to be a 3-9 kind of season. He could go 6-6 and 7-6 indefinitely.
    This is what I’m afraid of. 7-6 next year and they will brag about all the improvement.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This is what I’m afraid of. 7-6 next year and they will brag about all the improvement.
    Home schedule next year has so much dreck to it that .500 is achievable if you just blindly do wins/losses

It’s why this year has to be the move … next year a lot again can get covered in smoke and mirrors