Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Win for Virginia Parents After Loudon County School Board Member Announces Resignation

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
BY JACK PHILLIPS October 15, 2021
Epoch Times

Embattled Loudoun County, Virginia, School Board member Beth Barts, who was the subject of a recall petition, announced Friday that she will resign from her position in November.

“This was not an easy decision or a decision made in haste. After much thought and careful consideration, it is the right decision for me and my family,” Barts said in a statement on Facebook. “Please accept this letter as my formal resignation from the Loudoun County School Board effective November 2, 2021.”

The Epoch Times has contacted the Loudoun County School Board for comment. The Loudon County Public School system also confirmed her resignation on Friday, saying it will start the process of filling the Leesburg District seat.

“I want to thank Board Member Barts for her service to the Leesburg District,” School Board Chair Brenda L. Sheridan said in a statement. “The School Board will announce its process for filling the Leesburg seat at its October 26 meeting and anticipates filling this position at its December 14 meeting.”

Last week, a Virginia judge denied Barts’ motion to dismiss a Loudon County parents’ organization’s petition to recall her before also removing Loudoun County Commonwealth’s Attorney Buta Biberaj from the case. The decision represented a victory for opponents of critical race theory, a quasi-Marxist ideology that is the center of a culture war that’s going on across the United States.

The group Fight For Schools and other organizations alleged that Barts was involved in a private Facebook group that violated the School Board’s Code of Conduct and local laws after the page’s members allegedly tried to attempt to reveal private information about—or doxx—parents as well as opponents of critical race theory and similar ideologies.

Asra Nomani, vice president of strategy and investigation for Parents Defending Education and a key opponent against critical race theory being taught in schools, hailed the announcement that Barts will be resigning.

“The first domino falls,” Nomani wrote to her 66,000 Twitter followers. “This will not save her from investigations into her corruption,” she added.

School Board Vice Chairwoman Atoosa Reaser said in March that Barts repeatedly violated the school board’s code of conduct. Responding to allegations that she was part of a Facebook group that tried to doxx parents, Barts said earlier this year that “it’s not my job to be liked. It’s my job to ask hard questions, work to provide the best education for our kids, make sure our teachers are paid what they really deserve, and represent the people of Leesburg.”

Barts’ resignation comes just days after the Department of Justice announced it was tasking FBI agents and U.S. attorneys to discuss strategies to address alleged threats against school administrators, teachers, and board members. The move has drawn significant condemnation from Republican lawmakers and officials, who alleged the agency is now treating concerned parents as political enemies.

Barts’ resignation announcement also came after the father of a 15-year-old girl who attends a Loudon County high school told news outlets this week that his daughter was sexually assaulted by an unnamed boy in the bathroom. Scott Smith, the father, suggested that the boy allegedly exploited left-wing school bathroom policies around gender.

The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that the same boy suspect was charged with a second sexual assault at another Loudoun County school after the May 28 incident.

@Swaye @vadawg

Comments

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This is great.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Really rats? Doxing parents? Treating them like the kids arent even theirs?

These are the lengths rats will go to to ruin the lives of people who don't think like them. Unbelievable.

Lets hope the bitch gets sued.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2021
    Kobe will find a way to argue this. And I’m expecting a flood of Mello down votes.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483

Kobe will find a way to argue this. And I’m expecting a flood of Mello down votes.

Give 'em a minute they're writing checks to Go Fund Me for poor Comrade Beth.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Because he’s in favor of trannies raping real girls.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don't condone violence. But if a bunch of lefty woke School Board members got the fuck slapped out of them over the next few weeks, it wouldn't bother me at all.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Because he’s in favor of trannies raping real girls.
    "Real" girls? How dare you!
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    FREE PUB!?

She sucked. I don’t like elected officials being intimidated into resigning because they fear for their safety. That is not OK.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    edited October 2021
    whlinder said:

FREE PUB!?

She sucked. I don’t like elected officials being intimidated into resigning because they fear for their safety. That is not OK.

They’re elected to represent the views of their constituents.

The passive aggressive actions that prompt this outrage is intimidation in its own right. Indoctrinating kids is intimidation over a long, slow roll.

When people are THAT heated, there's a reason for it. And if intimidation gets their attention, so be it. If the electeds do the right thing it the first place, it doesn't escalate to that.

whlinder said:

FREE PUB!?

They’re elected to represent the views of their constituents.

The passive aggressive actions that prompt this outrage is intimidation in its own right. Indoctrinating kids is intimidation over a long, slow roll.

When people are THAT heated, there's a reason for it. And if intimidation gets their attention, so be it. If the electeds do the right thing it the first place, it doesn't escalate to that.

Root the Commies out wherever you find them, I always say.

School Boards are typically full of higher-office-seeking wannabe ugly losers anyway.
    Years ago Mark Levin warned about school boards across the country being filled with leftist radicals.

As we parents went about our busy lives, the radicals were busy also. It took George and COVID to truly expose them to us.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    46XiJCAB said:

Years ago Mark Levin warned about school boards across the country being filled with leftist radicals.

As we parents went about our busy lives, the radicals were busy also. It took George and COVID to truly expose them to us.

I've quite literally gone Bobby Knight on the superintendent of schools. Up to and including everything but throwing a chair against the office wall.

The super sat there and just said "well, that's our policy'. To which both the inner Bobby Knight AND Billy Martin came out and the throbber screamed "Did you ever possibly consider your fucking policy is WRONG?" Nothing. No response. No defense. No nothing. Total passive-aggressive, downvoting shill shit.

They're fucking robots.

CSB.

Yup. Emailed ours and got BS talking points back. They’re too secure in their positions because they’re surrounded by a hive mentality. They’re the smart ones and parents are stupid. You see it in their teachers.

I’ve met with our principal to discuss one of his teachers and the first thing he’s says is, “she’s one of our best”.

Daughter hated her “wokeness” and her curriculum was clearly political. Told him that and said my daughter will be moved to a different class tomorrow. Done.

46XiJCAB said:

I've quite literally gone Bobby Knight on the superintendent of schools. Up to and including everything but throwing a chair against the office wall.

The super sat there and just said "well, that's our policy'. To which both the inner Bobby Knight AND Billy Martin came out and the throbber screamed "Did you ever possibly consider your fucking policy is WRONG?" Nothing. No response. No defense. No nothing. Total passive-aggressive, downvoting shill shit.

They're fucking robots.

CSB.

In the first place, God made Idiots. That was for practice. Then he made School Boards. - Mark Twain