Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scenes like this are a reason I love this time of year

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,801
    edited October 2021
    I like the size and texture of your gourds, Stalin. Your big orange pumpkins glisten with dew.

I'd like to knock them with my knuckles and hear the joyful reverberation.

Almost Schwetty Balls-like.

• Options
    Founders Club

I like the size and texture of your gourds, Stalin. Your big orange pumpkins glisten with dew.

I'd like to knock them with my knuckles and hear the joyful reverberation.

Almost Schwetty Balls-like.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,885
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Midget shroom picker, fish fucker, spoon chucker
    I made my usual mistake and pigged out on the chanterelles. They are amazing but give me hideous, or hilarious depending on your perspective, gas when I eat too many on the first pick. With eggs, sausage, onions and fried potatoes this morning was especially potent.
    Those are brookies and not dollies right? If the former, those are some nice fish. I think 14" in my PR for a brookie.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

I made my usual mistake and pigged out on the chanterelles. They are amazing but give me hideous, or hilarious depending on your perspective, gas when I eat too many on the first pick. With eggs, sausage, onions and fried potatoes this morning was especially potent.
    Those are brookies and not dollies right? If the former, those are some nice fish. I think 14" in my PR for a brookie.
    Yeah the only landlocked trout I'll ever keep to eat. 12" brookies out of that little puddle in the picture. They've been self sustaining in there for decades. Unlike a lot of lakes with spawning brook trout, the numbers seem to regulate themselves. There are never very many in there and they are always big enough to eat.

There are a couple of higher lakes around here where they get bigger. One in particular has produced several 16-18" fish.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Yeah the only landlocked trout I'll ever keep to eat. 12" brookies out of that little puddle in the picture. They've been self sustaining in there for decades. Unlike a lot of lakes with spawning brook trout, the numbers seem to regulate themselves. There are never very many in there and they are always big enough to eat.

There are a couple of higher lakes around here where they get bigger. One in particular has produced several 16-18" fish.
    I've never fished them, but apparently there are some high elevation lakes in Southern Utah that harbor brookies in the 18" to 20" range. Who knows what keeps them from over producing in some lakes and not others.

Most of the high alpine, northern Utah lakes with brookies have tons of 6 to 10" brookies but few big ones.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I've never fished them, but apparently there are some high elevation lakes in Southern Utah that harbor brookies in the 18" to 20" range. Who knows what keeps them from over producing in some lakes and not others.

Most of the high alpine, northern Utah lakes with brookies have tons of 6 to 10" brookies but few big ones.
    It's not the case in the little pond I caught those pictured ones in, but I think in many cases it's competition and predation from other species that keeps them in check. One high lake where I routinely catch bigger brookies is also stocked with rainbow and cutthroat that get respectably big. Both will happily prey on brook trout. The other lake, the one with the most and largest brookies, has tiger trout in it. They are a supposedly sterile brown/brookie hybrid that is very predatory and they get BIG. 16-20 inches are common. I took a big one home and it was not what I'd call edible though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

I love sweater weather.

Could you post another picture of your daughter but in her summer clothes for comparison?

I know...kinda dark shit, dude. Made me smile though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

I love sweater weather.

Nice gadzooks, but JTFC, that pic is clearly from the spring, not fall.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

I love sweater weather.

Fuck me sideways.
  • Options
    Founders Club

alumni94 said:

I love sweater weather.

Maybe it was taken in the Southern Hemisphere. Ever think of that genius?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021

alumni94 said:

I love sweater weather.

Maybe it was taken in the Southern Hemisphere. Ever think of that genius?
    It’s still spring in the Southern Hemisphere

This a Fall thread.