Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Game Thread: Seattle Kraken Inaugural Skate and Puck Thing

13»

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

They paying you for your promotional efforts Benny? You're doing more work than anyone in charge of fan engagement at UW and should be compensated.

TMFMS
  • Options
    Predators.

Not woke.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The first kraken win in Vegas Golden knights history!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2nd to last place in your division.

Can you feel it?

😆
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Kinda tough to get lathered up over an expansion team sucking. That's pretty much to be expected 95% of the time.
  • Options
    Went to the game on Monday, they send me a survey afterwards; overall a fun experience especially considering the tickets were free and I was able to finagle free parking 2 blocks away. The arena is nice...seats are comfortable, didn't feel overly crowded but aisle seats probably helped.

It's fun to watch a hockey game live, much better than TV. Also, the Kraken got crushed by Pittsburgh...given I'm not emotionally invested in the team, probably meant they ass kicking didn't color my experience too negatively.

Also, why put a 20k seat arena nowhere near a light rail stop? Rhetorical question.

Here are my comments from the Food/Beverage section.

As expected concession prices are outrageous for what you get. It doesn't have to be this way. Either charge a fair price or up the food quality to a commiserate level so you don't feel like your getting screwed.

We each got a cheeseburger ($14) and shared an order of fries ($6), one beer (16 oz can of Modelo), and one bottle of water at Seattle Eats.

Cheeseburger- the patty was dry and looked to have been cooked earlier in the morning. Also it's too small relative to the overly thick bun. The cheese was basically non-existent enough to believe we were given a hamburger instead.

Fries- Flavor was good, but they were served barely above room temperature. When we asked about dipping sauce the workers seemed confused and went to ask someone. They came back and told us we could get Kraken fries that included sauce already on the fries and no explanation of what the sauce is. Tarter? Fry sauce? They had no clue, who is going to order fries with a mystery sauce already applied? Not me. So we asked for a side of sauce and were told no even though they clearly had sauces already prepacked.

Dessert: got a Hand Made Ice Cream Sandwich ($12.50) at the Local Lolli. Cookies were hard as rock and the ice cream to cookie ratio was skewed way to far to the cookie.

NOC
    CSB
    FO, G
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    Swaye's Wigwam

As expected concession prices are outrageous for what you get. It doesn't have to be this way. Either charge a fair price or up the food quality to a commiserate level so you don't feel like your getting screwed.

We each got a cheeseburger ($14) and shared an order of fries ($6), one beer (16 oz can of Modelo), and one bottle of water at Seattle Eats.

Cheeseburger- the patty was dry and looked to have been cooked earlier in the morning. Also it's too small relative to the overly thick bun. The cheese was basically non-existent enough to believe we were given a hamburger instead.

Fries- Flavor was good, but they were served barely above room temperature. When we asked about dipping sauce the workers seemed confused and went to ask someone. They came back and told us we could get Kraken fries that included sauce already on the fries and no explanation of what the sauce is. Tarter? Fry sauce? They had no clue, who is going to order fries with a mystery sauce already applied? Not me. So we asked for a side of sauce and were told no even though they clearly had sauces already prepacked.

Dessert: got a Hand Made Ice Cream Sandwich ($12.50) at the Local Lolli. Cookies were hard as rock and the ice cream to cookie ratio was skewed way to far to the cookie.

Commensurate.
  • Options

Commensurate.
    TYFYS
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Are the Kraken still a thing?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Not until they up their talent level
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2022
    Tequilla said:

Not until they up their talent level
    Vegas set a bad example.

They were never going to be shit.

They do, admittedly, fit better in the region than just reviving the sonics (Seattle should get both teams obviously).

I've come to not hate them like I do the other Seattle pro teams (as a UW student I went to Thunderbird games a ton).

But their coach is shit, their inaugural draft was trash, and they are pretty fucked for awhile.

They should ask the Sharks about how easy it is to play moneyball to win a cup. (Yeah the sharks hand out bad contracts too, fuck off)