Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Phil Bleenor FS...

Goes so far to say that Lambo (as a HC) needed a better AD.

Had Lambright not been fired he would have had his best recruiting class as a head coach. Rick survived for awhile with Jim's recruits. Jim and Dick Baird were better evaluators, recruiters in terms of knowing the need for balanced classes and solid lines.

So, I don't agree with your summation at all. Lambright had a lot of talent on campus that was young and we were building the numbers back from sanctions. He would have won a ton of games going forward had he not been fired. Jim really needed a good AD - he didn't have one.

This was in response to a poster telling him Lambo went 7-4 with the best roster in the conference.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,489 Swaye's Wigwam
    PL_SS = Bleenor's drunk alter-ego?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

What a moron. There's no way they make the 2000 RB with Lambright.

Considering the 1994, 1996 and 1997 teams were vastly more talented than 2000 and didn't make one I agree.

Funny how much PLSS hates Bleenor when he is more similar to Bleenor than he'll ever admit.

Had Lambright not been fired he would have had his best recruiting class as a head coach. Rick survived for awhile with Jim's recruits. Jim and Dick Baird were better evaluators, recruiters in terms of knowing the need for balanced classes and solid lines.

So, I don't agree with your summation at all. Lambright had a lot of talent on campus that was young and we were building the numbers back from sanctions. He would have won a ton of games going forward had he not been fired. Jim really needed a good AD - he didn't have one.

This was in response to a poster telling him Lambo went 7-4 with the best roster in the conference.

Had James been coach UW finishes the 1994, 1996 and 1997 season in the top 10. They are competing for National Titles as well. He probably wins the conference in 1995 as well as the conference was down that year and there for the taking.

Does he win the conference all four years? Probably not especially in 1996 given the timing of the schedule of ASU game(team truly was young that year). I'd bet my house he wins the conference in 1994 and 1997. He also wins in 1995 as like I said not a great Husky team but the conference was down and Lambo flat fucking blew that season(Notre Dame, Oregon and USC fall on him plus the dreckfest bowl game was unacceptable).
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club

Had James been coach UW finishes the 1994, 1996 and 1997 season in the top 10. They are competing for National Titles as well. He probably wins the conference in 1995 as well as the conference was down that year and there for the taking.

Does he win the conference all four years? Probably not especially in 1996 given the timing of the schedule of ASU game(team truly was young that year). I'd bet my house he wins the conference in 1994 and 1997. He also wins in 1995 as like I said not a great Husky team but the conference was down and Lambo flat fucking blew that season(Notre Dame, Oregon and USC fall on him plus the dreckfest bowl game was unacceptable).
    They definitely would've done better in almost every year, and with DJ, MeShawn and the Condoms don't come back for my 21 point deficit in '95, and tie for a RB berth.

Gerberding and Bitch Babs really need to be publicly tarred and feathered for letting James and the football program twist in the wind. I can't believe the Jameses stayed friends with that cuntrag.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

James would have gone undefeated in 97, and quite possibly in 96. He would have recognized Dillon's talents earlier than Lambo did.
    dnc said:

James would have gone undefeated in 97, and quite possibly in 96. He would have recognized Dillon's talents earlier than Lambo did.
    He would have started the right QB in 1996 as well. Down 42-21 to ASU he puts in Brock for Fortney then Brock started throwing bombs to Pathon. Next thing you know it's a 42-42 game.

Also James would have platooned more. Lambo was strictly a one man RB while James would use his studs. Shehee and Dillon would have co-existed under James. Same with 1995 he would have had Neal and Shehee co-exist while Lambo always had it be one or the other which was fucktarded.

They definitely would've done better in almost every year, and with DJ, MeShawn and the Condoms don't come back for my 21 point deficit in '95, and tie for a RB berth.

Gerberding and Bitch Babs really need to be publicly tarred and feathered for letting James and the football program twist in the wind. I can't believe the Jameses stayed friends with that cuntrag.
    James knew it was out of her control. That was a total Gerberding decision and James knew that. She liked to win but was also a puppet. She was a total yes person.

It was clear that Gerberding wanted to run James out. Now if anything I fault Hedges on is not telling James to fuck off when he demanded they don't make Lambo interim and have him be head coach.

Even with the sanctions UW would have hired a top notch after the 1993 season ended. At least I should say be in a position to hire one.

I put that totally on Gerberding and Tom Hansen more than Hedges.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Steve Sarkisian was going to have his best class ever and win a whole bunch of games if Pat HadenFS hadn't stepped up and fired him for UW.

Once you win the favor of high rolling insiders like Bleenor and the lemon party trio you're gifted with credit for the great things you were yet to accomplish. It's an incredible position to be in if you value being held in high esteem by heavy hitters like them over actual accomplishments.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Lambo's a great Husky ...

That being said, he was a terrible head coach.

He's a perfect example of a guy that you can't necessarily blame for being in a spot that was outside of his skill set, but also why guys should be cautious about taking on more than what they can actually do.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

He's a perfect example of a guy that you can't necessarily blame for being in a spot that was outside of his skill set, but also why guys should be cautious about taking on more than what they can actually do.

His job was to keep the train moving and keep getting to Rose Bowls. He didn't do that despite having some talented teams. I get what you are saying, but he deserves all the blame he gets. He should get even more. I also blame Gilby for being a total fucktard when he took over after Rick.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    dnc said:

The '97 team was very talented, but thin due to the sanctions and injuries. I don't think 12-0 or 11-1 were realistic because of those factors.

They still should have done better than 8-4. I wanted Lambo gone by then.

Tequilla said:

His job was to keep the train moving and keep getting to Rose Bowls. He didn't do that despite having some talented teams. I get what you are saying, but he deserves all the blame he gets. He should get even more. I also blame Gilby for being a total fucktard when he took over after Rick.

Lambo got his fair share of blame at the time. It was when Boobs, NAACP and Dude Brah came along did the Lambo revisionist history start to grow and grow.

I remember sitting in the stands on crisp fall afternoons with my dad where the fans wanted Lambo DOA. Our fans actually had standards and it amazes me how in only a decade did those same people turn into complete doogs who defended Sark's bullshit 34-29 record(31-29 vs FBS schools).

You can always tell who the closet Doogs are by who defends Lambo. Yes I'm looking right at you PLSS. Anyone who claims that firing Lambo was a mistake simply wasn't around during that time or chooses to ignore reality. Reality being the Huskies were 6-6 under Lambo and had gone 7-9 in a 16 game stretch with several plunger rapings mixed in which at the time was unheard of.

I personally would have stood by them had they fired him in 1997. As much as I wanted him gone after 1994 you couldn't really justify it then. I think after 1997(for most on this board that moment was 1994 or 1995) it was pretty fucking obvious the program wasn't ever going to achieve the standard which is Washington football.

dnc said:

The '97 team was very talented, but thin due to the sanctions and injuries. I don't think 12-0 or 11-1 were realistic because of those factors.

Probably 10-2 with the only losses coming to Nebraska and UCLA looking back. In those games UW was blown out too. They made a late run against Nebraska only for Lambo to kill momentum with a dumb onside kick attempt.

No way they should have lost to WSU or Oregon. Came out flat vs Oregon and WSU they were a running team all year long then had Huard huck it up there. Huard finished with 4 TD's and 5 INT"s yet Doogs act like Slick Rick was the first coach to bring a pass happy offense to UW they should think again. Lambo was the one who started that shit in late 1997 and through 1998.
    The Lambo and Slick Rick era's are my wheelhouse. That was my middle school, high school and college years(Slick Rick era). That is when I most cared about a win or a loss, knew all the players, etc.

Very few things will get my blood boiling in Husky football but one of them is Lambo apologists. Why I get so heated when PLSS tries to claim I know nothing from that era. I fucking lived that era going to every game.

I can recall to this day my exact emotion on some of those hard Lambo losses. The Boobs, NAACP and Dude Brah era never produced any losses were I gave a fuck. The closest I came was this year Stanford because for once the Huskies had a team with the right coach who could have done something big. The other was Notre Dame in 2009, I didn't like the Dude Brah hire but I'll admit after LSU/USC I was willing to admit I was wrong. After ND I knew it was Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

The Lambo years was so frustrating because like we said those teams had talent. The 1997 team sent 13 guys to the NFL which can only be matched by the 1991 squad. That doesn't even count a guy like Mel Miller(corner) who was NFL talent but a fucking knucklehead. That team was just lacking a good special teams and a head coach which typically go together.

I'm sure Petermen will give me some heartbreak losses too just like Slick Rick did(2002 Michigan still pisses me off like no other). I'm fine with that though because that means I care again. That also means for me to care he'll provide actual real hope of a Rose Bowl.

UW went from 2002-present without playing one meaningful BCS type game in November which is sad. So fucking sad. Washington should never go 12 seasons without playing a meaningful November game.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter

(2002 Michigan still pisses me off like no other).

+1. I fucking hate that we lost that game.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Had Lambright not been fired he would have had his best recruiting class as a head coach.

We saw how this "logic" plays out with Ty's 2008 recruiting class.

dnc said:

10-2 minimum. Brock threw like 5 picks against WSU and the Oregon game was a joke. A real coach would have played Nebraska much tougher than Lambright did. We had a loaded team. Look how many NFL players there were, and some of them were very good NFL players. I'm sure the UCLA game would have been a battle with James, but we were banged up and they were really good that year. I remember that team better than any. I would study the media guide for hours when I was a young lad.

Offense: Kruetz, Olson, Coats, Huard, Shehee, Pathon, Coleman, Cleeland. All of those guys played at least years in the NFL except for Coats. Even the back up TE (Brigham) played for awhile. Coleman didn't do much, but he bounced around for awhile.

Defense: Chorak, Issa, Mac Tuiea, Campbell, Jensen, Parrish. There were a couple other decent players like Burton, and Towns and Pharms were beasts for being freshman. I especially remember Towns. My dad and his friends thought he was going to be a superstar. The secondary was kind of weak because of youth and depth, and Marquis Hairston at ILB was pretty bad, but the defense should have been a lot better than it was. I give James most the credit for Lambright's defenses because they weren't very good once Lambright became head coach. Here is another example of the head coach being the only thing that really matters.

I don't and didn't follow the team like a lot of you guys. I mostly just watched or listened to them on Saturdays, and I'd read stuff in the Times or PI and listen to shows on KJR and Homo (75 k). This was before message boards of course. I just don't think James could have done a better than 10 and 2.

The 1998 squad pissed me off as much as the 1988 team. That was easily the worst and most underachieving team of the 90s. I don't really have time to get into it further but you get the point.