Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Pac-12 trying to be this bad at football?

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,459 Founders Club
Someone ask Wilner to due a deep dive if the 12 AD's didn't come up with a sabotage plan as a group to be so inept and shitty as a conference bottom to bottom that they can join with the MWC (announced as merger of equals) and drop back to D2?

And even more of a kick to the nuts, the North as a subset is even more god awful. The 2016 team would have wrapped this division up by the end of October.

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    Yes. They do try by not trying. It’s that simple.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    There aren't any good coaches in the Pac 12, because the AD's can't figure out who should be given a shot.

The best team in the conference hired an ESPN anchor.

The second best team hired an OL coach because the players who lost the Vegas bowl said he'd be good.

UCLA is the only school who has made an intelligent hire and even that is clearly not going to work out.

You could also argue Rolovich made sense for the cuog given their resources, and he's mostly been a failure as well.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,635 Founders Club
    haie said:

There aren't any good coaches in the Pac 12, because the AD's can't figure out who should be given a shot.

The second best team hired an OL coach because the players who lost the Vegas bowl said he'd be good.

UCLA is the only school who has made an intelligent hire and even that is clearly not going to work out.

You could also argue Rolovich made sense for the cuog given their resources, and he's mostly been a failure as well.

Jury is still out on The Chipster. Could go either way. I tend to think he'll start winning 8-9 games a year for the next five years before retiring to San Fran
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Jury is still out on The Chipster. Could go either way. I tend to think he'll start winning 8-9 games a year for the next five years before retiring to San Fran
    We'll see but after 4 years and all seniors they're still pretty soft this year. I tortured myself and watched 2/3 of their game this weekend and they looked lifeless. Maybe that's because no one is getting up for Arizona, but we'll see.

Also, being all in on DTR for 4 years when you're in LA.. I mean Mora recruited circles around Chip and had more competitive years.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,867

haie said:

I think he'll be fired or quit next year. This was their year...its all seniors. They have no talent returning.