Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Buzz Williams to VA Tech

DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
But there's no way we could ever compete with the mighty VA Tech history and tradition for a coach. Romar is the best we can hope for.

Disclaimer: I don't think BUzz Williams is a savior by any means, but he's a pretty good coach and recruiter. Just goes to show that the woe-is-me, who would even want to come to a shitty school like ours argument is FS. You never know until you fucking try. But then again, I've never put on a headset so what do I know?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    It amazes me that after just three months from stealing Petersen from Boise State these fucking Doogs still say that. Fuck you have recent proof with our very own school that Doog myth is pure bullshit!
  • Options

It amazes me that after just three months from stealing Petersen from Boise State these fucking Doogs still say that. Fuck you have recent proof with our very own school that Doog myth is pure bullshit!

Exactly. And then there's the FS argument of "well who can you guarantee that will come here who's better?" That has to be one of the most fucktarded arguments of all time. I'd take Buzz Williams over Romar in a fucking heartbeat. Marquette had a down year but he's always had them competitive and they didn't miss a beat when Crean left. In fact, he may have even raised the bar.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I hate that "but how do you know the next guy won't be worse" it's like seriously. I'll take the chance cause we are already horrendous so who gives a shit if we're worse. Bad is bad
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's to the point where I'd even accept a young up and comer or an assistant that is a dynamite recruiter. Just give me someone other than Romar. How much worse could they be?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    We know what we have in Romar. Like I just finished typing about Lambo and this applies here as well. Romar is what he is and actually has shown his program is on the decline.

Let's face the facts, Romar deserves credit but the giant elephant in the room was the conference was down when he made his run. The two years the conference was elite which was 2007 and 2008 you noticed Romar was back to being shitty. The conference was a fucking dreckfest from 2009-2012.

When UW was good neither Arizona or UCLA were both good at the same time. One was good while the other was average.

Another thing why do Doogs act like you can't fire a coach? I mean they always say "What if you hire someone who is worse?" Pretty fucking simple you fire his fucking ass and get the next guy. They act like if you hire a shitty coach you are stuck with him forever.
  • Options

They act like if you hire a shitty coach you are stuck with him forever.

But he'll have a contract!!11!!