Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Imagine someone paying you $3 million

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,635 Founders Club

chuck said:

thechatch said:

Lotta guys at the FCS level that are tearing it up with innovative, forward thinking concepts he could have plucked easily.

The fact that Ian Shoemaker is still at EWU fucking baffles me.

This is what I've been calling for since RN was fired. Hire guys who are doing something cool and kicking ass at a lower level FBS or FCS school. They'll do that wherever they go in most cases. Winners win according to what I've read here.
    It really is that easy. I don’t you have to necessarily have the QB guru coordinate the offense, but you need a guy that has a history of developing QB’s. Donovan has never developed a QB. Christian Hackenberg went from having a good freshman year to being utter dogshit under Donovan. He was probably overrated all along, but Donovan did a terrible job. It’s the most important position in football.

Btw, I would love UW to hire Brian Hartline from Ohio State as OC and bring Urban’s son in law in as the QB coach. Maybe he would bring a different QB coach in. Hartline is an Ohio State guy, but the UW OC job would be a jump starter to a head coaching job if the coordinator came in and made the offense legit. He might not come, but for around a million I think he would at least strongly consider it. He only makes $550,000 now. The guy is charismatic, commands respect from his playing and coaching days and is a beast recruiter.

Hartline and Corey Dennis would help recruiting (Ohio State recruits nationally and Hartline pulled in Gee and Egbuka), they are young and hip, and they know what a good offense looks like because they are actually part of a coaching staff that has a great offense every year. Hartline would very likely make it so the talented young WR’s stay. I think it’s over 50% that McMilland and/or Odunze bolt if we botch the OC hire. Just a name that wouldn’t piss me off if we made it happen.
    Ohio State is not going to let Hartline make a lateral move to a soft Pac-12 team without offering to match the salary. But I do like your line of thinking.
    It wouldn’t be lateral. Hartline is their WR coach.
    Yeah but still
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,795

chuck said:

thechatch said:

Lotta guys at the FCS level that are tearing it up with innovative, forward thinking concepts he could have plucked easily.

The fact that Ian Shoemaker is still at EWU fucking baffles me.

This is what I've been calling for since RN was fired. Hire guys who are doing something cool and kicking ass at a lower level FBS or FCS school. They'll do that wherever they go in most cases. Winners win according to what I've read here.
    It really is that easy. I don’t you have to necessarily have the QB guru coordinate the offense, but you need a guy that has a history of developing QB’s. Donovan has never developed a QB. Christian Hackenberg went from having a good freshman year to being utter dogshit under Donovan. He was probably overrated all along, but Donovan did a terrible job. It’s the most important position in football.

Btw, I would love UW to hire Brian Hartline from Ohio State as OC and bring Urban’s son in law in as the QB coach. Maybe he would bring a different QB coach in. Hartline is an Ohio State guy, but the UW OC job would be a jump starter to a head coaching job if the coordinator came in and made the offense legit. He might not come, but for around a million I think he would at least strongly consider it. He only makes $550,000 now. The guy is charismatic, commands respect from his playing and coaching days and is a beast recruiter.

Hartline and Corey Dennis would help recruiting (Ohio State recruits nationally and Hartline pulled in Gee and Egbuka), they are young and hip, and they know what a good offense looks like because they are actually part of a coaching staff that has a great offense every year. Hartline would very likely make it so the talented young WR’s stay. I think it’s over 50% that McMilland and/or Odunze bolt if we botch the OC hire. Just a name that wouldn’t piss me off if we made it happen.
    Ohio State is not going to let Hartline make a lateral move to a soft Pac-12 team without offering to match the salary. But I do like your line of thinking.
    It wouldn’t be lateral. Hartline is their WR coach.
    We wouldn’t want him unless he was the assistant to the WR coach.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,069
    I don’t know that you hire a position coach to coordinate unless you’re ABSOLUTELY sure about it, and there it almost has to be an internal move.

Taking a guy who won’t be learning on the job at a P5 seems like the safer play. Petersen and Lubick are outliers for the most part.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

I don’t know that you hire a position coach to coordinate unless you’re ABSOLUTELY sure about it, and there it almost has to be an internal move.

Taking a guy who won’t be learning on the job at a P5 seems like the safer play. Petersen and Lubick are outliers for the most part.

I’ll take it over a shitty or mediocre OC. The best OC hire ever was Joe Brady.

At minimum, Hartline would recruit better than any coach we have, and he seems like a smart guy to me. We need a QB and WR friendly offense. Hartline and a QB coach would be a good hire IMO. It could very possibly suck, but it would have high upside.
    It's funny how we have a 5* QB and 2 highly sought after 4* receivers who are retweeting stuff demanding that our OC is fired.

These dumb fuck coaches are such control freaks that the thought of an interception has them completely upside down.

It's totally acceptable though when a rb fumbles on your 20 to lose the game though. That's different.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,795
    haie said:

thechatch said:

I’ll take it over a shitty or mediocre OC. The best OC hire ever was Joe Brady.

At minimum, Hartline would recruit better than any coach we have, and he seems like a smart guy to me. We need a QB and WR friendly offense. Hartline and a QB coach would be a good hire IMO. It could very possibly suck, but it would have high upside.
    It's funny how we have a 5* QB and 2 highly sought after 4* receivers who are retweeting stuff demanding that our OC is fired.

These dumb fuck coaches are such control freaks that the thought of an interception has them completely upside down.

It's totally acceptable though when a rb fumbles on your 20 to lose the game though. That's different.
    So they think Huard would do worse than 7 TDS and 6 INTs?