Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New video shows Urban getting handsy

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Owens did his own death march when he came to UW. Not sure anyone died though
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Owens did his own death march when he came to UW. Not sure anyone died though

Just the black players I thought
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Looks like he didn't really kill anyone

https://old.post-gazette.com/ae/20021203junctionwebae2.asp

Millions of readers thought that Henry Clark, the most-abused member of football coach Paul "Bear" Bryant's famous Junction Boys, was dead and buried.

Author Jim Dent reported on Clark's luckless life and death in his 1999 bestseller about Bryant and the hell camp he ran for his first Texas A&M team.

As Dent told it in "The Junction Boys," Bryant head-butted Clark into unconsciousness because the boy's poor play enraged him.

The book detailing Bryant's brutality was so compelling that Dent landed a movie deal with ESPN, which will air "The Junction Boys" on Dec. 14.

But Clark said yesterday that Dent fabricated the head-butting story, and that "The Junction Boys" is loaded with other errors.

Yes, to Dent's shock, Henry Clark is alive and condemning sections of "The Junction Boys" as a fraud.

"First, I want to say that I'm not dead. Then I want to say that Bear never attacked me," Clark said yesterday from his home in Fort Worth, Texas, where he has lived for 21 years.

Insert media bashing here

As usual I missed the retraction and ran with the story
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    edited October 2021
    HuskyJW said:

dnc said:

Bear Bryant killed a player and you didn't hear a bunch of whining about it

I am unfamiliar with this story and a quick Google search just yields a bunch of details about Bryant's owen death.

Story tim?

The Junction Boys. Jim Owens was there

Brutal training camp for ATM where a player died. They made a movie about it

The Junction Boys tells the story of Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant's legendary training camp in the small town of Junction, Texas. In a move that many consider the salvation of the Texas A&M football program, Coach Bryant put 115 players through the most grueling practices ever imagined.
    1st COVID death IIRC

LIKE CORDWOOD!!!

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

I am unfamiliar with this story and a quick Google search just yields a bunch of details about Bryant's owen death.

Story tim?

The Junction Boys tells the story of Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant's legendary training camp in the small town of Junction, Texas. In a move that many consider the salvation of the Texas A&M football program, Coach Bryant put 115 players through the most grueling practices ever imagined.
    they made tom berenger's face look like freddy krueger in that movie.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fortunately, this will take Urbs off the market for USC. There's no way a "woke" PAC 12 program is going to hire him with that groping video out there.

SC President pulled the plug last go round, she's still there.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    There’s a university that will take him…might not be for a few years, but they will.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Fortunately, this will take Urbs off the market for USC. There's no way a "woke" PAC 12 program is going to hire him with that groping video out there.

Not like he was forcing her to stay there. Dude will be fine
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

She didn't even flinch when he went for the 2-hole.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,825
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

She didn't even flinch when he went for the 2-hole.
    @Disciple_2_Hole
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Story tim?

Bear Bryant would be cancelled today
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Story tim?

Was vaguely familiar with this legend and that Owens was a part of it, didn't realize someone died.
    1950s Alabama was not a place for sermon seekers
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811

dnc said:

Story tim?

Bear Bryant would be cancelled today
    The Bear would cancel the cancellers.

Chuck Norris-like.