Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jared Allen to Hawks

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Shefter just tweeted. Discuss...

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's there to discuss? Who wouldn't want Jared Allen on their team?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Any word on numbers? I'm assuming one year, $5 or $6 mill?

This is fantastic news.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Supposedly a 2 year deal not sure the $$$ yet.

Yet another fantastic move by the JS & PC (assuming price is decent).

Gotta love Seahook.net. Shitload of them calling Allen "washed up" after 11.5 sacks last season on a shitty defense. A lot of them who were talking shit all of a sudden never said he was washed up now that he is on the team.

Hey doogs this is what closing looks like, the Seahawks are elite because they don't "almost" land somebody".

According to Seahooks.net, all of his sacks last year were coverage sacks. Apparently Minnesota's secondary is that good. Nevermind that they were atrocious defensively last year and their secondary was pure garbage that started Chris Cook all season.
  • Options

Supposedly a 2 year deal not sure the $$$ yet.

Yet another fantastic move by the JS & PC (assuming price is decent).

Gotta love Seahook.net. Shitload of them calling Allen "washed up" after 11.5 sacks last season on a shitty defense. A lot of them who were talking shit all of a sudden never said he was washed up now that he is on the team.

Hey doogs this is what closing looks like, the Seahawks are elite because they don't "almost" land somebody".

Sincerely, Henry Melton.

The Hooks are elite because they they don't panic and throw money around early in FA. They know the bargains come later. Last week Allen was unattainable. This week he's a Hawk.
  • Options
    Throwdown on seahooks wonders if he will even make the team next season, citing the Winfield situation last year. Jesus christ that forum needs it's own biggus dickus.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This is awesome. Allen wants a ring, and is going to play like a man possessed to get one
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Throwdown on seahooks wonders if he will even make the team next season, citing the Winfield situation last year. Jesus christ that forum needs it's own biggus dickus.

Worst... comparison... ever...

Winfield was a 36 year old cornerback and Allen is a 32 year old DE who had a good season last year.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Some other guy on hooks.net said Allen is washed up
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ts and Ps
  • Options
    Ian Rappoporpropopporot is "reporting" that he just came into town for another meeting, happened to drag his wife along with him.

Ian on the radio yesterday basically said the Seahawks don't have much of a chance at all to sign him, I think this is his damage control.
  • Options

Ian Rappoporpropopporot is "reporting" that he just came into town for another meeting, happened to drag his wife along with him.

Ian on the radio yesterday basically said the Seahawks don't have much of a chance at all to sign him, I think this is his damage control.

So he's saying there's not a deal in place?

• Options
    dnc said:

So he's saying there's not a deal in place?

Apparently Allen's agent is saying he is just on a "visit".

So now we have a win/win scenario in front of us.

Outcome A: Seahawks signed an elite pass rusher who still has a year or two left in him for most likely a very good deal.

Outcome B: ESPN reported this way too soon and will look like idiots.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    ESPN is looking really stupid in this deal.
    I still think he's a seahawks, 2nd visit, brought his wife, this werder stuff doesn't get made up out of nothing, it makes me believe they are close.
    Kam can claim he mistyped, but he didn't, if Kam says he'll be a seahawks I'll believe him
  • Options
    It pretty much sounds like unless someone gives him an offer he can't refuse he will be a Seahawk next year.
  • Options
    the hooks are out in full force. Our guy Blitzer88 thinks because Allen left that he won't sign with us. A bunch of others (like Throwdown) DWHA.
    I can't believe people thinking he left means he won't sign here. He's clearly giving all the other teams a final chance using the hawks as leverage.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    fuck jared allen if my boy Christine Michael dont get an awful lot of touches next year the seahawks are fucking done
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

the hooks are out in full force. Our guy Blitzer88 thinks because Allen left that he won't sign with us. A bunch of others (like Throwdown) DWHA.
    I can't believe people thinking he left means he won't sign here. He's clearly giving all the other teams a final chance using the hawks as leverage.

Blitzer is very worried about this. Also the sky is blue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Shefter just tweeted. Discuss...

Adam Schefter works for Doogman now?

Today's media has gone to shit. I remember 10 years ago when Roof Robins was pulling this shit just so she could be FIRST! now every fucking news outlet is doing this shit and it's so god damn annoying.