Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last big upset as underdogs

2»

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

7-0 lead against Bama

I’ve hung that banner.
    I wish I died as soon as the ref made the signal.
    POTW
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Neither of the USC teams being mentioned as "upsets" turned out to be good. How about a win against a team that finished top-15 at the end of the year?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Neither of the USC teams being mentioned as "upsets" turned out to be good. How about a win against a team that finished top-15 at the end of the year?

The "11-2, top 10 team"in 2018 finished, well, tenth.

Stanford finished 12th in 2016 though UW was favored in that game.

The last combination of a big upset (like a bigger spread than 3 points) of a team that finished ranked highly was probably the Gameday Championship win over 2012 Stanford that @greenblood referenced.

It sounds bad but those are pretty specific parameters and I doubt there's very many of those a year.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

The last combination of a big upset (like a bigger spread than 3 points) of a team that finished ranked highly was probably the Gameday Championship win over 2012 Stanford that @greenblood referenced.

It sounds bad but those are pretty specific parameters and I doubt there's very many of those a year.
    Beating Cuog never counts as an upset.
    The ruling on the field is that it was a backwards pass, Washington has recovered that pass, the game is over
  • Options
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

Beating Cuog never counts as an upset.
    The ruling on the field is that it was a backwards pass, Washington has recovered that pass, the game is over
    IFL'd Kai Ellis
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was looking through some things to see about some bowl upsets. It only went back to the mid 80's. UW would have been the underdog in 60,61, and 78 though

Big favorites in 91,92, and 93

Hard to believe but the big win over Drew Brees and the Purdue squad was an upset. Purdue -1

And coogs say we didn't beat anyone
  • Options

I was looking through some things to see about some bowl upsets. It only went back to the mid 80's. UW would have been the underdog in 60,61, and 78 though

Big favorites in 91,92, and 93

Hard to believe but the big win over Drew Brees and the Purdue squad was an upset. Purdue -1

And coogs say we didn't beat anyone

Not as hard to believe as WSU being 5 point favorites against Oklahoma in 2002 (Coogs lost by 20).