Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

manny diaz done?

13»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I see Miami has a Reddit portion of the fanbase too.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I'm confident Dorsey will not get the job.

I would assume (hope?) that Kiffin is the floor. I think it will be difficult to pry Mario away from Oregon, as much as I hate to say that. If they win something significant this or next season, then maybe. But right now he has a chance to add to his resume, get paid more by Oregon (or someone else) and Oregon gives him what he needs to do his job. The only real advantages Miami has over Oregon (to be clear, from Crisco's POV) is (1) emotion and (2) natural recruiting advantages ... arguably the best backyard of any program in the country. Couple (2) with Crisco's inherent recruiting talent + the new pipleline he's established in California, and plus Florida and FSU being down, and Miami would be getting talent like the 98 to 2002 run in very short order.

Then again, jobs open when they open, and despite the wildly moronic views here that Meat is a moron, Crisco can figure that one out on his own.

I think with the turn-around job he's done, the Rose Bowl and possibly 3 conference titles, it might be enough for him to command a shit ton of $$ and jump back home to momma.

Only problem is, Miami doesn't ever have a shit ton of $$ and probably loses to Oregon in a bidding war, which would be stupid really for both schools. Always seems right around the time you give a coach a barrel of $$ they start coaching like shit.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I would assume (hope?) that Kiffin is the floor. I think it will be difficult to pry Mario away from Oregon, as much as I hate to say that. If they win something significant this or next season, then maybe. But right now he has a chance to add to his resume, get paid more by Oregon (or someone else) and Oregon gives him what he needs to do his job. The only real advantages Miami has over Oregon (to be clear, from Crisco's POV) is (1) emotion and (2) natural recruiting advantages ... arguably the best backyard of any program in the country. Couple (2) with Crisco's inherent recruiting talent + the new pipleline he's established in California, and plus Florida and FSU being down, and Miami would be getting talent like the 98 to 2002 run in very short order.

Then again, jobs open when they open, and despite the wildly moronic views here that Meat is a moron, Crisco can figure that one out on his own.

I think with the turn-around job he's done, the Rose Bowl and possibly 3 conference titles, it might be enough for him to command a shit ton of $$ and jump back home to momma.

Only problem is, Miami doesn't ever have a shit ton of $$ and probably loses to Oregon in a bidding war, which would be stupid really for both schools. Always seems right around the time you give a coach a barrel of $$ they start coaching like shit.
    Miami promising to invest up to $30M in their FB program.

Uncle Phil, “let me check my couch pillows”. MC will get his bump. He can continue to recruit at an elite level. He won’t get any better as a HC but smart enough to hire the right guys.

Ducks will be in CFP next year and he knows it. That’s always been the goal. Then when the next U coach flames out, he makes the move. Possibly.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Fuck I hope this win doesn’t give Manny another season.

60th ranked class. Fuck.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Fuck I hope this win doesn’t give Manny another season.

60th ranked class. Fuck.

Life is pain

But #mybeavs
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Miami also has no state income tax and much nicer weather. Personally, I think those things matter. Not as the primary factors, but could tip the scales at the end of the day.