Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Student section and other random observations from game

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457 Founders Club
They actually showed up, stayed to end and made noise. Someone must have called them out after seeing Michigan's student section and comparing them to us looking like Kamiakin Middle School.

Crowd ended up being around 45k. 5 minutes before kick off it was about half full. Had students not been there, it would have been UGLY. Next year home sched is Michigan State, Portland State, Kent St, UA, Colorado, Beavs, Stanford. Every games crowd will look just like yesterday's best case scenario. E-1 parking doesn't even try to enforce tailgating as they know there is no need attendance wise. Take as many spots as you want spread out into both sides of the rows, etc.

How f'ed up is the stable that the two 6th year seniors can't get on the field the 1st two games, and essentially didn't come off the field last night, and if JL/JD doesn't make the switch we are 1-3

Someone please tell JD/JL it is legal to call a run play outside the tackles.

We get zero pressure with our front 4. Cooper M is starting over Smalls and Martin.

This team is not underachieving. They are everybit the 6-7 win team they appear to be. This doog narrative we were so talented based on last year and 28 starters coming back was crap then and is today as myself and 1 to 8675309 (who laid it out much better than I could did last year and b4 the start of the season.) said

Jag Offense
Jag Defense
Below Jag Coaching Staff

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Enough talent that with the right schemes, personnell decisions, and coaching could easily, easily be 4-0.

They should be winning and getting better every week. They are talented enough to doog about, if they had the right leadership.

It's a beta coaching staff.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Talent is not top shelf, but good enough to win a lot of games on this schedule.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    godawgst said:

They actually showed up, stayed to end and made noise. Someone must have called them out after seeing Michigan's student section and comparing them to us looking like Kamiakin Middle School.

Crowd ended up being around 45k. 5 minutes before kick off it was about half full. Had students not been there, it would have been UGLY. Next year home sched is Michigan State, Portland State, Kent St, UA, Colorado, Beavs, Stanford. Every games crowd will look just like yesterday's best case scenario. E-1 parking doesn't even try to enforce tailgating as they know there is no need attendance wise. Take as many spots as you want spread out into both sides of the rows, etc.

How f'ed up is the stable that the two 6th year seniors can't get on the field the 1st two games, and essentially didn't come off the field last night, and if JL/JD doesn't make the switch we are 1-3

Someone please tell JD/JL it is legal to call a run play outside the tackles.

We get zero pressure with our front 4. Cooper M is starting over Smalls and Martin.

This team is not underachieving. They are everybit the 6-7 win team they appear to be. This doog narrative we were so talented based on last year and 28 starters coming back was crap then and is today as myself and 1 to 8675309 (who laid it out much better than I could did last year and b4 the start of the season.) said

Jag Offense
    Jag Defense
    Below Jag Coaching Staff

With current performance you’re not wrong. But the offensive line has regressed and is impeding the offense from being anything more than it already is.

Defense is very average.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I was watching McDonald and he never rushes the passer. They bring in Smalls or Martin when they do rush the passer. It’s an obvious trend. Maybe it changes, but it doesn’t make sense.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    New students just showed up this week and I'm sure Dawg Daze staff were advertising it heavily, so thousands of them are just starting making friends, don't know where to go for parties yet, it was a gorgeous day for their first big experience on their own, conference opener, numbers, facts, math, etc.
    It's up to Jimmy to keep it actually cool to stay to the end by having a team they are excited about.
    EWIWBI