Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Last night

Was easily the most mad I’ve ever been after a win. Going to OT with that Cal should automatically be considered a loss.

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    LawDawg1 said:

Sounds like you still care

I do
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

LawDawg1 said:

Sounds like you still care

I do
    Why dude?
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,085
    edited September 2021
    I’m sure the kids were battling out there. Coaches had a good game plan. All the work they’ve put in is finally showing off.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

So you didn't watch the Beavis or Utah games last year? I'm so used to hate-watching wins while seething with anger that it doesn't even phase me anymore. For perhaps the first time, I watched the slow moving train wreck in the second half and just laughed. I'm actually a much more well adjusted adult since being pushed over the edge and having had my giveafuck broken.

This was worse.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

So you didn't watch the Beavis or Utah games last year? I'm so used to hate-watching wins while seething with anger that it doesn't even phase me anymore. For perhaps the first time, I watched the slow moving train wreck in the second half and just laughed. I'm actually a much more well adjusted adult since being pushed over the edge and having had my giveafuck broken.

In same boat. I just chuckled vs. Montana at the idea we were going to lose to them (or should have vs Cal) at the stadium last night. Woke up this morning happy we won, but completely realize there are many more L's coming this year.

#500orbust
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021

This is me as well. I had a couple nice conversations with my nine year old while Cal was making their comeback. Just last year I’d have kicked her out of the room. No screaming, no anger. I’m the perfect Husky fan now.
    #comfortablynumb

You. Me. Same. I watched the whole second half just me and my nine year old daughter. And enough beer to kill an elephant.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,358

This is me as well. I had a couple nice conversations with my nine year old while Cal was making their comeback. Just last year I’d have kicked her out of the room. No screaming, no anger. I’m the perfect Husky fan now.
    #comfortablynumb
    I have also turned numb and just stopped caring, I still watch all the games but I don't get riled up anymore. My fiance woke me up on couch looking pissed with only a towel around her waist while Gordon's post game interview took place in background. Apparently I missed out on more than just the last few minutes of game. I rewound and watched the last play, turned out the lights and fell back asleep. Husky Football has officially killed my will to live
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,754 Swaye's Wigwam

#comfortablynumb

You. Me. Same. I watched the whole second half just me and my nine year old daughter. And enough beer to kill an elephant.
    Yeah, we remember the skull fucking comment.

DOTY trophy incoming.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

Was easily the most mad I’ve ever been after a win. Going to OT with that Cal should automatically be considered a loss.

You're right, never should have gone to OT. Cal should have won in regulation. Coaches can't even give the game away. Damn they suck.
  • dannarc said:

#comfortablynumb
    I have also turned numb and just stopped caring, I still watch all the games but I don't get riled up anymore. My fiance woke me up on couch looking pissed with only a towel around her waist while Gordon's post game interview took place in background. Apparently I missed out on more than just the last few minutes of game. I rewound and watched the last play, turned out the lights and fell back asleep. Husky Football has officially killed my will to live